Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My England protest - cancel Sky

2»

Comments

• Options

I'd imagine a lot of people will protest by boycotting the next England game at Wembley. I doubt the players would care but it would serve the FA right, and show them how disgusted we all are, if only around 10-15k show up

The FA will just fill it up with family's and school kids, everyone loves a free ticket. Been done on may occasions before. When you think about it if attendances were linked to England's results half of Wembley would be closed due to the poor crowds.

• Options

Solidgone said:

Use NOW TV and just buy a day's pass when we play.

Been thinking of doing this especially as people have said bt have the ashes.
    One thing that really bugs me though is when channels buffer.
    Does this happen with these sort of boxes?
    If it does then I think I'd probably stick with sky but still threaten to cancel to try for a reduced bill.
    Also, do these boxes have a record facility, as if I cancel sky, that gets cancelled as well.
    I've only used it a couple of times and had no problem with buffering. Mind you it was only Charlton on the box ;0)
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Wont most of your BT subscription go to the Premier League as well though?

Not if its free.
    You pay BT money and they've convinced you you're getting their stuff for free. That's quite a trick.
    Youd have to pay for your Broadband whatever - if BT Broadband throw in BT Sport for free, then its free , last time i looked free meant free.
    You pay BT money every month. You think you're getting something for free. That's brilliant marketing.

It might be a great deal, but free is not the word. In fact I'm not even sure if they're still allowed to use it in comms - I know Sky aren't allowed to say stuff like Sky Go is 'free', rather, 'no extra cost'. BT got away with one for a while there.

If you can cancel your direct debit tomorrow and keep BT Sport, I stand corrected.
  • Options

I get free Sky through my brother who works for the company. If I was paying full whack I'd have cancelled a long time ago. You can stream virtually anything for free these days.

How does that work? Can your bro get you a free deal!?
  • Options
    Maybe they could throw beach balls on the pitch!