Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Whiplash

Anyone had this from car prangs?

Had someone drive into the back of me yesterday and now got pain all down my neck and onto my lower back. Hoping it'll go soon but wondered what people's experiences of it are.

Comments

• Options
    Had it many years back when someone drove into the side of my friends car. Sore for a while but no lasting damage. We went to A and E straight after to be checked out but all OK. My friend had insurance that covered whiplash so made a claim and I got £1000 (back in the 80s that seemed a lot) as I was doing a physical job at that time.
  • Options
    Deal with it at work a lot. Speak to your insurers and they'll likely have a recommended solicitor to deal with it - they'll get you looked at and likely recommend a physiotherapist (who'll charge the guy who hit you's insurers). It's the only thing apart from time and rest that will help at all!!
  • Options
    About 15 years ago I had a road accident where some hit and run ploughed into the back of my car. I went to A&E as i knew I had done some sort of damage to my neck. I never claimed off the insurance, but wished I had, as I have had problems with it ever since. Last year I had to go back to have some physio on it again, and touch wood it now feels better than it has done for years.
    Best get it checked out. And claim.
  • Options
    I got hit in the rear of our car 18 months ago. I felt something click in my neck/shoulder region....it was sore but not unbearable,,,,,I thought it would go away but it hasnt and now my shoulder area aches most of the time. Around 6-8 months ago I started getting pins and needles in my thumb and forefinger of my right hand. Im told its connected with the neck injury....so my advice, dont leave it hoping it will go away, get some treatment and or physiotherapy now.
  • Options
    TEL said:

I got hit in the rear of our car 18 months ago. I felt something click in my neck/shoulder region....it was sore but not unbearable,,,,,I thought it would go away but it hasnt and now my shoulder area aches most of the time. Around 6-8 months ago I started getting pins and needles in my thumb and forefinger of my right hand. Im told its connected with the neck injury....so my advice, dont leave it hoping it will go away, get some treatment and or physiotherapy now.

Yeah seem to be getting the pins and needles thing down my right arm and fingers .

Have mentioned it to the company insurers just in case.
  • Options

I must have done as people ring me on a daily basis telling me I've been in a car accident.

Tell them they are right, that you suffered decapitation and it really hurts. Most of them carry on with their spiel anyway.