Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Caroline Aherne RIP

Comments

• Options
    Only 5 years older than me. Makes you think. RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Bloody hell, absolute genius, RIP.
  • Options
    So sad. RIP
  • Options
    What a dreadful year this. Another far too young. R.I.P.
  • Options
    RIP The Royle Family one of the funniest shows, the lady was a genius
  • Options
    Terrible news. Such a brilliant comedic actor and performer. Some moments that will always live on from The Fast Show, Royle Family & Mrs Merton. A wonderful talent. Rest In Peace.
  • Options
    Very sad news. RIP
  • Options
    v. sad.
    Was brilliant as the chav teenager on the Fast Show, and great as Mrs Merton.
  • Options
    That's a shock for me.

I had no idea she was ill and she has provided me with more laughs than most other comedians put together.

It's made me cry, and while I can be a bit emotional, it's not often celebrity deaths affect me that way.

She'll leave a lasting legacy. Let's hope we all manage to do the same.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant comedy actress and writer RIP Caroline
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP, very sad
  • Options
    A great writer and actress. RIP
  • Options
    RIP - more really sad news.
  • Options
    Very sad news
  • Options
    RIP Caroline :cry:
  • Options
    Had the pleasure of meeting her many years ago when she filmed an advert in what was the Co-op (now Morrisons) in Welling as Mrs Merton on the checkouts. Lovely lovely lady.

RIP Caroline
  • Options
    Very sad news. The Fast Show was genius. Horrible year.
    RIP
  • Options
    She fought so much in her life, so bravely and with such humour.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gutted - celeb deaths don't usually get me but this one has a bit. Absolutely loved the Royle Family. Genius and I'm sure Craig Cash will be devastated.
    The fact she was doing the voice on goggle box not that long meant I had no idea she was ill.

RIP.
  • Options
    she was great, RIP
  • Options
    Very sad news. A brilliant lady. Loved the fast show and still use its catchphrases. RIP lovely Caroline
  • Options
    Just watched the famous episode of Mrs Merton with Debbie McGee. A bit spooky that Paul Daniels, Ronnie Corbett and Terry Wogan - all of whom also passed away this year - were all mentioned in passing.
  • Options
    I love love loved Caroline. A real true inspiration. Absolutely gutted to hear this news. Her comedy made me roar with laughter.

Rest in peace you wonderful funny woman. I didn't know you but I loved you.

Xx
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Sad to hear RIP
  • Options
    I'd slightly forgotten how much of a crush I had on Caroline Aherne. Bedsaddick's current profile pic reminded me.
  • Options
    "So George (Best), do you think that if you hadn't run around so much, you wouldn't have been so thirsty?" RIP Caroline Aherne.