Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Toni Kroos

2»

Comments

• Options

Don't know what it is, he's just not for me, not saying he is shit in any sense of course but with his price tag and reputation I really think he's overated.

Interesting concept isn't it. How we can embed a mindset into our heads that seems to go against the mainstream view or opinion. Whilst I really rate Kroos, I am of a similar ilk to you when it comes to Ibrahimovic. Maybe it's because he's such an arrogant sod but I really don't get the hype and don't rate him (as proven in the Euros this year). Mind you, I wouldn't cross the street to watch him play anyway so have seen little of him; but I fully expect him to be a total damp squib in the premiership this coming season.
    Thing is with Ibrahimovic, he has won so many domestic titles and in different countries with different teams, so he must have something about him. He hasn't scored a lot against English opponents though so we are probably skewed by that, but just take 5 minutes or so to go through his Wikipedia page and look at what the man has done and won in his career, it's astonishing.
  • Options
    Think a few years back he was more dynamic, but has tempered his game to the needs of the team. He sits and pulls the strings allowing even players like Khedeira (sp?) to get forward. I think his passing is up there with anyone's at the moment.
  • Options

Don't know what it is, he's just not for me, not saying he is shit in any sense of course but with his price tag and reputation I really think he's overated.

Interesting concept isn't it. How we can embed a mindset into our heads that seems to go against the mainstream view or opinion. Whilst I really rate Kroos, I am of a similar ilk to you when it comes to Ibrahimovic. Maybe it's because he's such an arrogant sod but I really don't get the hype and don't rate him (as proven in the Euros this year). Mind you, I wouldn't cross the street to watch him play anyway so have seen little of him; but I fully expect him to be a total damp squib in the premiership this coming season.
    Good post, I know what your saying, on a lesser level, zheng zhi, honestly 100% couldn't understand the love in for him on here, I thought he was dog shit.

Maybe it's just a position I take for granted orI don't really appreciate on the pitch as much as others
  • Options

Please name a better player in his position and role then?

Ba?? I've been supporting Charlton for 35 years and this is the first time that I've lost interest so much that I've never bothered remembering players first names
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

So bad they actually had to comment because he made two poor passes in the same match.

Brainwashed - that's all
  • Options

He's been playing for around 18-19 years and has won 13 league titles across various countries. Scored at least 20 goals in all of the last 9 seasons, and at least 30 goals in the last 5 seasons.

Also has a better than 1 in 2 scoring record for Sweden who are a pretty average team.

Not sure quite how you can't rate him?
  • Options
    I'm the same with Ronaldo, but I think it's just the dislike I have for him