Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portugal v Edit Wales

Comments

• Options
    Shit UEFA rule has cost Wales. Bookings should reset after the last 16 games. Why they wouldn't want the best players in the Semi Finals is beyond me. Ramsey would have been the difference.
  • Options
    vff said:

The winner of the tournament will come from tomorrow's semi final.

Yes. Tomorrow is effectively the final.
  • Options
    Been waiting for injury time to say this.
    If there's anything less than 5mins it's a scandal. 6 subs = 3mins alone. Two goals + ref stopping play at every corner/free kick.

Too late for Wales mind, Portugal really are shit.
  • Options
    andyg90 said:

Been waiting for injury time to say this.
    If there's anything less than 5mins it's a scandal. 6 subs = 3mins alone. Two goals + ref stopping play at every corner/free kick.

Too late for Wales mind, Portugal really are shit.

I've yet to see a match even play the total injury time. Every match in this tournament seems to finish a few seconds early.
  • Options
    Murray Tsonga was a better watch
  • Options
    Thank f*ck for that. Now the Welshman at work might give it a rest.
  • Options
    Disappointing end for Wales. Portugal just about deserved it tonight, but I can't see them beating France or Germany on Sunday.
  • Options
    r

vff said:

Yes. Tomorrow is effectively the final.
    Let's hope so. I would hate to see Portugal win it on penalties.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2016
    France or Germany to smoke the Portugeezers.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2016

Shit UEFA rule has cost Wales. Bookings should reset after the last 16 games. Why they wouldn't want the best players in the Semi Finals is beyond me. Ramsey would have been the difference.

Agree with this. It is a shame when referee bookings becomes the deciding factor. Wales without Ramsey were going nowhere tonight.

Well done for Wales for reaching the Semi finals. It is an achievement for such a small country to get so far in the competition.
  • Options

What, the rule that everyone knew at the start is at fault? Not the player himself for getting booked twice?

Right- o, crack on.
  • Options
    Ramsey has had a cracking tournament, you realise how good he was by how Wales suffered from his absence
  • Options
    Baaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhd luck boyos!

Great effort.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

What, the rule that everyone knew at the start is at fault? Not the player himself for getting booked twice?

Right- o, crack on.
    No need to be a knob mate, it's a good point but over 5 games it's harsh. Pretty sure World Cup resets after last 16.
  • Options

Off_it said:

Right- o, crack on.
    No need to be a knob mate, it's a good point but over 5 games it's harsh. Pretty sure World Cup resets after last 16.
    You started it!
    ;-)
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Right- o, crack on.
    The rule favours the big nations with better quality in the squad. The bookings at these tournaments are pretty soft & easy to pick up. Its harsh on players for the biggest games of their footballing careers.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    vff said:

Off_it said:

Right- o, crack on.
    The rule favours the big nations with better quality in the squad. The bookings at these tournaments are pretty soft & easy to pick up. Its harsh on players for the biggest games of their footballing careers.
    But also stops the big players from making cynical fouls in the quarters if they are on a yellow already. Joe Allen should have picked up a second yellow at the end yet the ref bottled it. What if he scores the winner in the next European qualifier? All those already on a yellow card from the last 16 will be taking the piss knowing yellows get wiped after the quarters.
  • Options
    No, you want the best players in the final not the semi final. If resets after round of 16 could get two innocuous bookings in quarters and semis and miss final.

Maybe fairer would be if got two bookings in successive games you miss the next game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How about if they had a system like this: for suspensions in the later stages of major tournaments, the FA in question can accept the normal ban now, or opt to defer it for a longer ban after the tournament? E.g. defer a one match ban now and make it two or even three games in the next lot of qualifiers.

You could do the same thing domestically, to allow a player to play in a cup final, but it would obviously be the club who get to choose.
  • Options
    vff said:

You'd hope so. Portugal were shit tonight, Ronaldo's goal aside. The only reason they won is that Wales were shitter.
  • Options
    Had Portugal 3-0 with Ronaldo first goalscorer at 40-1. Never been more frustrated watching a team pass it round the back in the last ten mins.
  • Options
    A bit embarrassing for Wales to be the only team Portugal can beat in 90 mins and the only team England can beat at all.
    :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2016

A bit embarrassing for Wales to be the only team Portugal can beat in 90 mins and the only team England can beat at all.

Was hoping Wales would go on to win it, so we could claim to be the true Champions because we beat them in the group.
    Bit like when the sweaties claimed to be world champions after beating us in the home internationals shortly after we had won the world cup :wink:
  • Options

Not at all embarrassing for Wales. They got into the semi finals of a major tournament. England were outclassed by ICELAND. Who is the most embarrassed?

• Options

I'm more pissed of that England's last 2 wins have been against.....Wales and Portugal.
  • Options
    Poor game. Could have been watching a mid table Championship game.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Not at all embarrassing for Wales. They got into the semi finals of a major tournament. England were outclassed by ICELAND. Who is the most embarrassed?

Oh dear Dick. Go and have a lay down mate.
    ;-)