Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

20 MPH

2»

Comments

• Options
    Vote Brexit.
  • Options
    I won't be going anywhere near there in my work van then. Not with it's tracker that tells my boss every time I exceed the speed limit. I'll have people wanting to kill me!
  • Options
    Cash Cow exercise. 20 mph cameras around Tower Bridge in action and catching many people out.
  • Options

If a road a mile long has a 30mph speed limit a vehicle travelling at the limit takes two minutes to enter and leave that stretch. At 20mph it would take 3 minutes. Let's say traffic volumes stay the same. That means that at any one time there would be 50% more vehicles attempting to proceed along that bit of road. That should only go to making it more difficult and dangerous for vehicles entering the roadway from side roads and, indeed for pedestrians to cross the road as there would be fewer gaps between vehicles.

There must be a flaw with my logic....what is it?

• Options
    Pedestrians who cross the road and deliberatelty slow their stride to make you brake are a wind up. I've had to clip two of the buggers this year to teach them a lesson.
  • Options

Wonder how many cases of death are where people just stupidly step out into the road at the wrong time though.

I was turning into the Car Park where I work in Orpington yesterday and had to emergency stop because someone on their way to the Station couldn't register that they were crossing a road which cars would come down!!

Its like car accidents... The main blame for them is that someone was going at speed and couldnt stop in time whilst the main case is going to be if the person at fault was paying attention better and was leaving enough space then the incident would never happen.

I have no knowledge of your particular car park but normally they are entered through a driveway over the pavement on which pedestrians have right of way. It is more likely the case that the driver did not register that it was a pedestrian's right of way and that they may walk along it. If you had hit the person, you could have been done for careless/dangerous driving.
    If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's a car park that has a pedestrian crossing and traffic lights. The car park by Orpington Station is a nightmare for people not looking.