Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wales celebrate Euro campaign with open-top bus tour...

2»

Comments

• Options
    If we can make documentaries about getting to the semi finals of Euro 96 when we should have won it, they can have a parade for getting that far against all the odds.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Open top bus is a bit brave, every time I've been to Wales it's pissed down.
  • Options
    Smithy said:

If we can make documentaries about getting to the semi finals of Euro 96 when we should have won it, they can have a parade for getting that far against all the odds.

Yeh in the Welsh language as well!!
  • Options
    You can't beat a good celebration for losing...........
  • Options

But Wales have won nothing!
    Qualified from a group they should of qualified from anyway and then beat a team they should of in the last 16 followed by a team they had already beaten and drawn with.

Yeah it's a piece of piss this international football. I mean, look at the way we battered little Iceland.....
  • Options
    Never said it was piece of piss and what has Englands poor performance against Iceland got to do with anything?
  • Options
    'Qualified from a group they should have done'...on paper Wales looked the fourth best and the least experienced in the group.
    'Beat a team they should have in the last 16'...like we 'should have' beaten Iceland (that was my point, in case you missed it)
    Then beat the 2nd best team in the world on their way to the semi finals.
    I'd say that was worth celebrating with the Welsh public.
  • Options
    That's your opinion
    I had Wales down for the last eight from the qualifying campaign and the Euro draw.In the Belgium match I bought there shirt numbers and goal minutes and then backed Portugal to beat them so they achieved no more than I expected.
    Surely you don't honestly believe the rankings and that Belgium are the second best team in the world?!
    Wales never looked the fourth best team in that group and a football match is never won on paper
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That's your opinion
    I had Wales down for the last eight from the qualifying campaign and the Euro draw.In the Belgium match I bought there shirt numbers and goal minutes and then backed Portugal to beat them so they achieved no more than I expected.
    Surely you don't honestly believe the rankings and that Belgium are the second best team in the world?!
    Wales never looked the fourth best team in that group and a football match is never won on paper

No it's not my opinion it's fact. Belgium were ranked 2nd in the world, Wales were tournament virgins and outsiders for qualification from that group. But anyway, the point is they deserve a celebration for their achievements. And that happened, so happy days. It's good to celebrate stuff and to be happy....you should try it.
  • Options
    So going by that Wales should of won the tournament as in the past two years they have beaten the second best team in the world twice and drawn with them.So we are back to celebrating a failure!
    Happiness isnt all what its cracked up to be so i will give that one a miss thanks.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited July 2016
    It does sound a bit sour grapish because England fell so flat. Wales have a limited pool of players. They benefit from this, as did Iceland from playing well as a team. But they pay when a key player is suspended or injured. Not much strength in depth either as evidenced by Simon Church being on the pitch.

England have much better quality & depth, but a constant rotation of players by generally tacitically mediocre beige FA acceptable managers, who picks players according to what teams they come from not how good they are or well they have played. Hodgeson had no idea of what their best team was and was tactically useless.

I would have liked England to do well, but its great to see Wales, an equivalent of a lower premiership / upper championship team get to the semi finals. The Slovakian, Russian & Belgium victories were excellent. So the Wales team may not be perfect, but why an open bus parade, it is the furthest a Wales international has ever gone and the best tournament performance since 1956.