Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Pogba - 100 Million Deal , Is he all that?

Comments

• Options
    I'd go after Kante as well if I was them.
  • Options
    From a commercial view point I can't see how he can add £100m+ to the club unless he leads Man Utd on to win 5 Champions Leagues or various premiership titles where the price money goes over £100m or if they sell him for a profit. Howevwr, when you factor in the TV deal and how much clubs have to play with it's not a surprise that they can afford to waste so much on players. I can't see the bottom falling out of the top flight for a while yet.

Would be funny if he ended up playing in the JPT!

(Yes I know Man Utd have already belittled the competition by withdrawing. :wink: )
  • Options

cabbles said:

boogica said:

Absolute madness , the arsehole will fall out of the game 1 day , just look at palace offering 31million for benteke how can they afford that crazy money .

I wonder if things like Kodi will speed that along.

I've always felt that the money in Football will see the game implode and if everyone cancels their SKY subscriptions to take up the free service then where does the money being put into the Premier League go?

Of course no doubt they'll be the ones to push for Kodi being made illegal so that wont happen but you never know.
    Most of my mates have got SKY and I've told them about Kodi but they're just not interested. People are lazy, so the TV companies won't even be that worried.
    i've seen the thread on it, but haven't got it. I don't know if my tablet could download it. Is it any good?
    I bought a pre loaded box that goes straight into my tv and it's excellent. Can't pretty much watch any top game in the world. Gotta have good internet speed tho.
    cheers mate, will look into it
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

23 years old Pogba £100mill
    29 years old Vardy 2 30mill
    28 years old Luis Figo 15 years ago £37mill

Sont think Pogba a price is far off being correct.

But this is based on age and not quality.
    It's not, it's just showing what value you will get.

Pogba is quality, and if he is the next Zidane or Figo that price will double in 4/5 years
  • Options
    edited July 2016

From a commercial view point I can't see how he can add £100m+ to the club unless he leads Man Utd on to win 5 Champions Leagues or various premiership titles where the price money goes over £100m or if they sell him for a profit. Howevwr, when you factor in the TV deal and how much clubs have to play with it's not a surprise that they can afford to waste so much on players. I can't see the bottom falling out of the top flight for a while yet.

Would be funny if he ended up playing in the JPT!

(Yes I know Man Utd have already belittled the competition by withdrawing. :wink: )

I guess they rely a lot on commercial deals. "Official noodle partner" etc, and world record fees and big names like Pogba and Zlatan will help that, as well as them being good players.
  • Options

cabbles said:

boogica said:

Absolute madness , the arsehole will fall out of the game 1 day , just look at palace offering 31million for benteke how can they afford that crazy money .

I've always felt that the money in Football will see the game implode and if everyone cancels their SKY subscriptions to take up the free service then where does the money being put into the Premier League go?

Of course no doubt they'll be the ones to push for Kodi being made illegal so that wont happen but you never know.
    Most of my mates have got SKY and I've told them about Kodi but they're just not interested. People are lazy, so the TV companies won't even be that worried.
    i've seen the thread on it, but haven't got it. I don't know if my tablet could download it. Is it any good?
    I bought a pre loaded box that goes straight into my tv and it's excellent. Can't pretty much watch any top game in the world. Gotta have good internet speed tho.
    What box do you have? Am considering going for it but there are quite a lot to choose from. Currently just have standard broadband, guessing I'd need to upgrade for this then?
  • Options
    Don't forget about the shirt sales. They will recoup a large amount of it in shirt sales alone
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Don't forget about the shirt sales. They will recoup a large amount of it in shirt sales alone

Only need to sell 2 million Shirts with Pogba on the back and they got him for free
  • Options

I reckon they'll go:

De Gea
    Darmian, Bailly, Smalling, Shaw
    Schneiderlin, 1 other
    Mkhitarian, Pogba, Martial
    Ibrahimovic

Not sure if they'll make a new signing in the middle!!

Think Daley Blind should be that '1 other', great player imo
  • Options

Dizzle said:

Only need to sell 2 million Shirts with Pogba on the back and they got him for free
    Is he not getting paid?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I reckon they'll go:

De Gea
    Schneiderlin, 1 other
    Ibrahimovic

Think Daley Blind should be that '1 other', great player imo
    I like Blind - clever player. Can see him being more of a squad player though - 2nd choice left back, 3rd choice centre back etc.

I like the look of that Timothy Mensah guy too, think he could be quality.
  • Options
    To be fair I think I paid around 100 Mil on fifa... so it must be pretty accurate ;-)
  • Options
    Pogba is very talented but he does go missing quite a bit. If he could add consistency to his game then he's be one of the very best in the world. Big gamble for Man U.
    Talal said:

cabbles said:

boogica said:

What box do you have? Am considering going for it but there are quite a lot to choose from. Currently just have standard broadband, guessing I'd need to upgrade for this then?
    Kodi thread if anyone needs it: http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2552936#Comment_2552936
  • Options
    A friend of mines Dad is one of the top execs at Adidas. She reckons that the top bods there have put the squeeze on Utd to sign one of the top valued players in the world to boost shirt sales and increase their presence in Asia.

She also said that it had to be Gareth Bale or Paul Pogba - both of who have 10 year, £30m deals with Adidas.

Man Utd aren't getting £800m for nothing. Adidas want the best player in the World in the best team of the World. Allegedly Ed Woodward is getting a lot of help from Adidas to get these deals over the line.
  • Options
    All round great move, first of all a pretty phenomenal, well rounded, skillful player. 23 years old. Very big name in the football world, shirt sales will be off the scale and on top of that he's only going to get more valuable.
  • Options

All round great move, first of all a pretty phenomenal, well rounded, skillful player. 23 years old. Very big name in the football world, shirt sales will be off the scale and on top of that he's only going to get more valuable.

Will Pogba sell that many shirts, especially if he plays in central midfield?

I'd have thought Zlatan would probably sell more
  • Options
    Talal said:

cabbles said:

boogica said:

I've got an MX2 box. I live in new builds so the internet speed isn't great, so HD streaming is average but the SD streams work fine.
  • Options

A friend of mines Dad is one of the top execs at Adidas. She reckons that the top bods there have put the squeeze on Utd to sign one of the top valued players in the world to boost shirt sales and increase their presence in Asia.

She also said that it had to be Gareth Bale or Paul Pogba - both of who have 10 year, £30m deals with Adidas.

Man Utd aren't getting £800m for nothing. Adidas want the best player in the World in the best team of the World. Allegedly Ed Woodward is getting a lot of help from Adidas to get these deals over the line.

Pogba is a PR team’s wet dream. He’s constantly on Twitter and Instagram and is always changing his hair to suit his mood. Playing 1st placed Napoli last season he had Pokeballs shaved/dyed in his head because they ‘had to catch them’.

Top player in my view, great athlete and role model and will be liked by fans. 100m is of course silly money but that’s the world we (unfortunately) live in.
  • Options
    To think he was at Man U from 2009-2012.
  • Options

I reckon they'll go:

De Gea
    Schneiderlin, 1 other
    Ibrahimovic

Schneiderlin will be one of the first ones he bombs out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:

To think he was at Man U from 2009-2012.

Fergie's eye for a player seemed to diminish as he developed an eye for a bottle.
  • Options

boogica said:

I think it's also a bit about not understanding it, or fear of technology in a way. SKY making it easy will always appeal to the masses. (unfortunately I'm one - I am terrible with technology, but would love to use kodi)
  • Options

I reckon they'll go:

De Gea
    Schneiderlin, 1 other
    Ibrahimovic

Rooney will definitely start in his side, swap Schneiderlin and the 1 other for Carrick and Rooney I think.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Think that 100m could end up being a steal the way things are going... Best in his position in the world and he is 22

daylight robbery more like!
  • Options

I reckon they'll go:

De Gea
    Schneiderlin, 1 other
    Ibrahimovic

You could be right.

I rate him personally, just think it was hard for anyone to play well under Van Gaal last year.
  • Options

I reckon they'll go:

De Gea
    Schneiderlin, 1 other
    Ibrahimovic

You could be right.

I rate him personally, just think it was hard for anyone to play well under Van Gaal last year.
    Likewise, really underrated player. Van Gaal managed to turn his entire squad in to average joes.
  • Options
    Sage said:

I reckon they'll go:

De Gea
    Schneiderlin, 1 other
    Ibrahimovic

Rooney will definitely start in his side, swap Schneiderlin and the 1 other for Carrick and Rooney I think.
    Mourinho has already said Rooney won't play in midfield.
  • Options

I reckon they'll go:

De Gea
    Schneiderlin, 1 other
    Ibrahimovic

You could be right.

Likewise, really underrated player. Van Gaal managed to turn his entire squad in to average joes.
    Tbf they are still struggling to rebuild a squad that was an absolute state by the time Ferguson left. They have done a terrible job replacing them paying over the odds for player's that they didn't even want at first. You can't lay all the blame at Van Gaal.
  • Options

23 years old Pogba £100mill
    29 years old Vardy 2 30mill
    28 years old Luis Figo 15 years ago £37mill

Sont think Pogba a price is far off being correct.

Is that Vardy for £230 mill or 2 Vardy's at £30mill?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    colthe3rd said:

I reckon they'll go:

De Gea
    Schneiderlin, 1 other
    Ibrahimovic

You could be right.

Tbf they are still struggling to rebuild a squad that was an absolute state by the time Ferguson left. They have done a terrible job replacing them paying over the odds for player's that they didn't even want at first. You can't lay all the blame at Van Gaal.
    He made some really strange signings. They were clearly short at the back, so he signed Di Maria, Martial, Schniderlin, Scweinstieger and Falcao. He also signed Rojo and Shaw, both left backs. He ended up Darmian, Valencia and Young at left back.
    Not to mention signing Valdes and Romero - both keepers. Ironically he had to blood in so many younger players as well.

I agree both Moyes and LVG inherited a squad on its way downwards - mind you that squad won the league at a canter the season before.

Can't understand why Van Persie was the Holland captain under LVG, yet a few months later he sold him - and replaced him with bloke who was over coming a serious injury and will never be the same player.