Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Advice on flogging a motor

edited July 2016 in Not Sports Related
Dear all, any advice on selling a car? Basically I'm not a car person. I own a 2012 Audi A3 2ltr that's done 80,000 miles, Diesel engine that I bought last March for 10k.

I def won't do we buy any car as I'm not in a rush to sell it and I don't need the instant money, as I know that's what that and similar sites prey on.

If I do auto trader, has anyone used it before, what should I specify etc

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    Auto trader app must be idiot proof as even I have managed to buy a new car and sell old one on it.
    All I had to do to sell the motor was put in reg number so all the spec came up automatically, add a few pics and specify a price I wanted.
    It's a bit of a gamble on how long you want the ad up for.
  • Options
    Give gumtree a go too, I advertised mine a few weeks back on both autotrader and gumtree and had much more interest from gumtree.
  • Options
    Sold my last two on eBay. Went well
  • Options
    Webuyanycar.com
  • Options
    Sold several with webuyanycar.

Got lot more than part exchanging.
    Not had to put up with arranging viewings for people who don't turn up.
    No having car for sale for weeks on end.
    No haggling.
    No hassle.
  • Options
    Thanks all. We buy any car are ripping me off though. Bought for 10k last year, they offer me seven k
  • Options
    £3,000/365=£8.22 a day, sounds alright, probs less than my car costs me...did you expect to make money on it then??
  • Options
    eBay with reserve of £7,500 and if it sells you win!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Sold several with webuyanycar.

Got lot more than part exchanging.
    Not had to put up with arranging viewings for people who don't turn up.
    No having car for sale for weeks on end.
    No haggling.
    No hassle.

Totally agree got 3.5k more for my old car than Px price
  • Options
    Tim Sherwood is after an Audi.

This could be your chance.
  • Options
    Get it properly valeted. The car you are selling is in demand and trust me shiny cars sell

Autotrader is what I've always used in the past, everyone sticks a slight mark up on so expect to get knocked down a bit. Make full use of the words you are allowed, include every single bit of spec. Most importantly keep it clean! I'd someone is looking at a couple of vehicles the clean one with tyres of the same brand on all four corners will sell.

Don't let anyone test drive it unless they are insured and have some paperwork to prove they are fully comp and can drive any vehicle with the owners permission. Don't take it personally if people want to haggle but have a figure in your head you won't go below.
  • Options
    Cash

Cash is king

And cash is tax free
  • Options
    Use a Cat o' nine tails
  • Options
    I'll swap it for a Ford puma with 110,000 on the clock. 1.7, even has air con...
  • Options
    How much are you looking to sell for?
  • Options
    Avensis Tourer for sale Mr Otto, years ticket on it, 50k immaculate. May or may not have had one or two German Shepherds in it, I can't be sure. Not including number plate. ;)image
  • Options
    How much are you looking to sell the avensis for mate? I may know someone who is interested who also has two big dogs to cart around
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

How much are you looking to sell the avensis for mate? I may know someone who is interested who also has two big dogs to cart around

Wanted 6,600 to you 6,000 and I'll leave the custom cages in the back (£700 to buy new). Been offered 5,200 (webuyanycar)
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Carter said:

Wanted 6,600 to you 6,000 and I'll leave the custom cages in the back (£700 to buy new). Been offered 5,200 (webuyanycar)
    Bailey and Valli, not included. ;)
  • Options
    I'd say it's more lilac.
  • Options
    lavender.
  • Options
    And it's a bath towel. FFS ;)
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Purple bath towels are so last year darling
  • Options
    But lavender ones are so on trend it's unreal.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

T.C.E said:

Purple bath towels are so last year darling
    Ark at Lawrance Llewelyn Otto, that's why it's parked under the arse of a Shep puppy. The John Lewis collection of towels are being fluffed up by the house maid. Waits now for Dave Mehmet's comments on the use of "fluffers" ;)
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Carter said:

Cheers mate I shall pass it on, I'd be half interested myself but my whip has a lot left in in yet