Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool not for sale - Oyston holds out

Comments

• Options
    I don't know why Oyston was wearing dark glasses, has he a sight problem ? Not being able to see his eyes was not helpful. How he can talk about success on the pitch after what he has done since being at the club. Got to feel sorry for those Blackpool supporters with a character like that in charge.

The chairman, owners son, looks like a right charmer as well. You can see Blackpool falling out of the football league. Maybe Oyston is looking to cash in on the ground / training facilities. Difficult to know what the motivation for characters like these are in owning a football club.
  • Options
    vff said:

Difficult to know what the motivation for characters like these are in owning a football club.

With the Oystons it really isn't difficult - they've taken millions out of the club in various ways.
  • Options
    We have all this to look forward to unfortunately
  • Options
    edited July 2016

C4FC4L1f3 said:

For all this faults, RD hasn't taken money out of Charlton
    Aren't we paying him interest on the money he's loaned the club at a pretty uncompetitive rate ?

Edit - that was a genuine question
  • Options
    Well we aren't actually paying him anything. The interest accrues and adds to the amount we owe him, but he's not getting paid.
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

How would we know?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Just added up the debts owed to him so he can look to do so later.

• Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

How would we know?
    Blackpool were in the PL and earned fat parachute payments which vanished

Charlton were loss making when he bought us, are still loss making, and on transfer deals it's doubtful whether we've raised more than we've paid. He may have wasted money on rubbish signings, but he has spent money
  • Options

Perhaps this should be compulsory watching for all Addicks that believe our regime has seen the light.....

We are a million miles away from where Blackpool are! Oystons are systematically trying to destroy Blackpool, whatever you say about the incompetence of this regime it has ploughed money into the club at a time when we were facing administration and more money subsequently.

This sniping at people about other fans views and motivations just continues to divide us all. The vast majority of fans do not want a long term or even medium term relationship with this regime, but what we do want is a successful team on the field, whereas others seem to feel that getting them out to the cost of the club is acceptable.
  • Options

On the field, at least we appear to have a squad this year though it seems we are shortly to lose our goalkeeper for the princely sum of £1.

strangest buy-out clause I've heard of, why even bother? Did they think no-one could stump up a quid?

• Options
    Kap10 said:

getting them out to the cost of the club is acceptable.

what does that mean??

• Options

vff said:

Difficult to know what the motivation for characters like these are in owning a football club.

With the Oystons it really isn't difficult - they've taken millions out of the club in various ways.

Which was pretty to easy to do when they were in the premier league and then getting parachute payments. But now they're in league two and as the Blackpool fan said above, likely to be playing in front of 2-3k fans.

So he's clearly not making much from them now, so why not sell up and go?
  • Options

On the field, at least we appear to have a squad this year though it seems we are shortly to lose our goalkeeper for the princely sum of £1.

strangest buy-out clause I've heard of, why even bother? Did they think no-one could stump up a quid?

I'm guessing here butisn't it more likely he requested it so he could leave if he got a better offer, and they were desperate and agreed?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

vff said:

Which was pretty to easy to do when they were in the premier league and then getting parachute payments. But now they're in league two and as the Blackpool fan said above, likely to be playing in front of 2-3k fans.

I would bet he's still getting a personal profit from it.

That and spite.
  • Options
    Duchatelet is just plain bonkers but without much malice. Oyston on the other hand ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

More than likely to fulfil a legal and/or contract requirement
  • Options

vff said:

I would be he's still getting a personal profit from it.

That and spite.
    Because it's now personal and all part of "Operation Conference" as Karl Oyston once put it.
  • Options

vff said:

I would be he's still getting a personal profit from it.

That and spite.
    Because it's now personal and all part of "Operation Conference" as Karl Oyston once put it.
    If thats the case i feel very sad for the true football fans of Blackpool.
    First time i saw Blackpool play was in the Old First Division back in March 1967 away to Chelsea.Blackpool would finish bottom that season but won at Stamford Bridge that easter day 2-0.How times change.

Keep up the fight guys,and good luck with the season ahead.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Perhaps this should be compulsory watching for all Addicks that believe our regime has seen the light.....

We are a million miles away from where Blackpool are! Oystons are systematically trying to destroy Blackpool, whatever you say about the incompetence of this regime it has ploughed money into the club at a time when we were facing administration and more money subsequently.

This sniping at people about other fans views and motivations just continues to divide us all. The vast majority of fans do not want a long term or even medium term relationship with this regime, but what we do want is a successful team on the field, whereas others seem to feel that getting them out to the cost of the club is acceptable.
    Only time will tell, Kap.

I trust that you're not accusing me of sniping at people. I have my opinion, others have theirs. And we'll all be able to view the true picture regarding our club's financial state sooner or later. However, I fail to see how it can be anything other than " seriously concerning" as long as this regime has control.

Maybe you'll be prepared to look back over many months of my posts to confirm that I was one of the first on here to adopt the mantra of " SUPPORT THE TEAM, NOT THE REGIME " which clarifies 100% my stance.
  • Options
    Well done Blackpool fans, sticking to their guns and following it through. Oyston Out
  • Options

vff said:

If you'd been creaming off the parachute payments and taking as much money as possible out of the club, would you really want to expose the accounts for the purposes of Due Diligence to a potential buyer?

Not that for one second I'd suggest that a litigious little bastard would've broken any laws in his quest for a fatter wallet... ahem.
  • Options
    @Hertsseasider Have the club started work on redevelopment of the training ground yet?