Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bucket List

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2016

1) British Lions tour out New Zealand (seriously considering if for next year)

2) Harley Davidson road trip across America.

3) To know my children are happy and I've been able to provide them all with a good start in life.

Whats stopping you from considering the British Lions Tour out in New Zealand?

Just looked at some of the Stadiums and as someone who has done a Road Trip around the country it would be just as great to combine No (1) and (2) of your list... If you did decide to, let me know, would be happy to give some tips
    Not sure I can be away from my kids for 6 weeks - previously with work things and various other bits and pieces I've spent up to a month at a time ways and really struggled. Not too fussed about the wife though :wink: Then again it's 12 years until the next one in NZ.
  • Options

3) To know my children are happy and I've been able to provide them all with a good start in life.

Just looked at some of the Stadiums and as someone who has done a Road Trip around the country it would be just as great to combine No (1) and (2) of your list... If you did decide to, let me know, would be happy to give some tips
    Not sure I can be away from my kids for 6 weeks - previously with work things and various other bits and pieces I've spent up to a month at a time ways and really struggled. Not too fussed about the wife though :wink: Then again it's 12 years until the next one in NZ.
    Why not... Just lock them in the house with a ton of canned food

Would you just want to visit New Zealand for the Rugby or have you always wanted to go there full stop?
  • Options

Would you just want to visit New Zealand for the Rugby or have you always wanted to go there full stop?
    Bit of both TBH. But NZ would be the ultimate Rugby experience.
  • Options

Bit of both TBH. But NZ would be the ultimate Rugby experience.
    Like I say just do it and if the wife complains then just blame the irritating bloke on CharltonLife who made forced you!!
  • Options

12 years?

Do it mate - you'll regret it if you don't!
  • Options
    edited July 2016

12 years?

Do it mate - you'll regret it if you don't!
    Im guessing but should imagine it will be SA In 2021, Aus in 2025 and NZ again in 2029.

Ideally I'd like to do the whole lot inc the warm up games. Realisticly though, I think given the time away from home it's just the 3 tests I'd opt for. 25 days in total.

If it is to be 2029 I'll make sure I've got my Roland out flag with me.
  • Options
    The way rugby is going it could be 16 years.

Argentina
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    IA said:

The way rugby is going it could be 16 years.

Argentina

Hadn't thought of that. Have been there a bit as the wife is from there and her parents / family live there.

Looks like it had to be NZ next year - just need to convince a couple of mates.
  • Options

1. If money wasn't an issue i'd like to visit every country in the world, and spend a good amount of time in each (unless I hated it of course), whilst writing a great travel guide/blog. Flying out friends and family to experience different things with me on my way round. Massively into birds so ticking off every bird species would be included in this.

2. I'd like to go into space and see the Earth in all it's glory. Once again as money is no issue, the spaceship would be amazing and I could cruise across to explore the rest of the solar system too (and it'd be fast too, none of this decades to get to pluto malarkey).

3. Train to solo parachute jump and fly in a wingsuit and be able to do this any time I want.

I have been greedy, but i'm in a dreamland where money is no issue...

Have a night out in Dartford mate, you'll see every kind of species of bird there