Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tickets for pre season friendlies- surcharge?

Does anyone know if tickets for Tuesday and Saturday will be subject to the walk-up surcharge?

Comments

• Ticket office twitter said no last week
  • edited July 2016
    Our cheapest ticket is I believe £17. Is it possible in any way to buy it (or others) for its face value? I can't see how.

Also surcharges are only acceptable at a level to recover sellers costs. If we pay our 10? ticket staff £10ph for two hours prior to the match, plus say 50% overhead, that would be £300 total cost. Anything over 100 tickets sold after 1pm would mean they are ripping customers off in contravention of Consumer Rights regulations. Can imagine at least 1k sold in this timeframe. Katrien is obviously not up to speed on UK law. I will be taking this up next week. Please join me.

tradingstandards@royalgreenwich.gov.uk
  • edited July 2016

Our cheapest ticket is I believe £17. Is it possible in any way to buy it (or others) for its face value? I can't see how.

Also surcharges are only acceptable at a level to recover sellers costs. If we pay our 10? ticket staff £10ph for two hours prior to the match, plus say 50% overhead, that would be £300 total cost. Anything over 100 tickets sold after 1pm would mean they are ripping customers off in contravention of Consumer Rights regulations. Can imagine at least 1k sold in this timeframe. Katrien is obviously not up to speed on UK law. I will be taking this up next week. Please join me.

If you buy online more than 2 hours before kick off & print at home or collect from the ground.

Away tickets buy online & collect from the ground.
  • edited July 2016

I don't think that applies here, unfortunately. The club will argue that this is the price of the ticket at that time and that the £3 is not a surcharge, in the same way that airlines sell the same seats at different prices depending on demand at the point of purchase. Worth a go though.
  • Our cheapest ticket is I believe £17. Is it possible in any way to buy it (or others) for its face value? I can't see how.

Home tickets: Buy online, print off at home.

Away tickets: Order online, collect at ticket office (I think).

Couldn't say if this is enough to comply with trading standards laws - but is worth making the enquiry.

HG - if you are a Greenwich borough resident, it's worth copying one of your local councillors into the email. I don't hold out much hope of Greenwich Council making a fuss, but one of their justifications for printing a weekly propaganda newspaper was that it served those without internet access. In theory, they should be furious about one of the area's biggest institutions discriminating against those who aren't online.
  • Our cheapest ticket is I believe £17. Is it possible in any way to buy it (or others) for its face value? I can't see how.

If you buy online more than 2 hours before kick off & print at home or collect from the ground.
    I thought collect from ground was £2.50 or £5.50 after 1pm. OK print at home. A4 b&w. I assume their system is so sophisticated it can distinguish between a b&w print and a photocopy?
  • edited July 2016
  • edited July 2016

I thought collect from ground was £2.50 or £5.50 after 1pm. OK print at home. A4 b&w. I assume their system is so sophisticated it can distinguish between a b&w print and a photocopy?
    Key point is that it's £2.50 per transaction or £3 per ticket, but not both. Relates to purchases not collections, which are free (big deal).
  • edited July 2016
    Usual operating hours for the Ticket Office and 03330 14 44 44 hotline are:

Monday: 9am-5pm
    Tuesday: 9am-5pm
    Wednesday: 9am-5pm (phonelines only)
    Thursday: 9am-1pm (phonelines only)
    Friday: 9am-5pm
    Saturday (non-matchday): Closed during off-season
    Saturday (matchday): 10am onwards
    Sunday: Closed

Calls to 03330 14 44 44 are priced at standard rate.There is an administration charge of £2.50 per transaction for purchases made over the phone or in person, but supporters can purchase tickets for all matches on general sale at www.cafctickets.co.uk.

Fans should note that tickets being collected on matchdays after 1pm (for 3pm kick-offs) should be collected from the Valley Central drop-in centre in the north-west quadrant (the former Corner Flag suite) adjacent to the ground's main entrance.

A bank-style internal queuing system has been set up with fans able to queue down the ramp and out on to Harvey Gardens if required. Any queries can be taken at the customer service window.Tickets for future

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/index.aspx#KppOfzZTEutuIVPy.99

Adults, over 65 and under 21 ticket prices will increase by £3 two hours before kick off ie the £2.50 additional charge will increase to £3 per ticket for adults, over 65 and under 21's. Online bookings are not available from two hours before kick off.

In person and telephone bookings are subject to a £2.50 transaction fee.
    Online bookings are subject to a £1.00 postage fee but this is only applicable if the print at home option is not selected.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016
    "Adults, over 65 and under 21 ticket prices will increase by £3 two hours before kick off ie the £2.50 charge will increase to £3."

In fact that's not true, is it, unless you are only buying a single ticket? If you are buying two, the £2.50 will increase to £6, etc. I don't think the person who wrote that understands the policy.

Also ask them re transaction fees when paying cash. Is that allowed?
  • edited July 2016

"Adults, over 65 and under 21 ticket prices will increase by £3 two hours before kick off ie the £2.50 charge will increase to £3."

In fact that's not true, is it, unless you are only buying a single ticket? If you are buying two, the £2.50 will increase to £6, etc. I don't think the person who wrote that understands the policy.

Ah yes, I see what you mean. I've amended what I said.
  • Ticket office twitter said no last week

Thanks, Henry- I've found the tweet now, but there should perhaps be greater clarity on the website? ...or does everyone follow CAFCticketnews on Twitter? :-)
  • chilham said:

Ticket office twitter said no last week

Thanks, Henry- I've found the tweet now, but there should perhaps be greater clarity on the website? ...or does everyone follow CAFCticketnews on Twitter? :-)
    I don't think it is meant to be clear.

The idea is to catch people out and squeeze a few extra quid of the "customers"
  • chilham said:

Please replace a few extra quid with "As much as possible"
  • chilham said:

This 100% and let's be honest here, the club are hardly going to get rich on walk up sales with this surcharge, especially as Katie said that we are a club without money worries