Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Surrey CCC vs Kent CCC 29th July T20 blast match thread.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dead rubber now.
  • Options
    161-6 off 18
  • Options
    163-7
  • Options
    Colin Cowdrey, Mick Jagger, Charles Dickens,Archbishop of Canterbury,Sooty and Sweep - we gave your boys one hell of a beating.
  • Options
    But like us you did not make it
  • Options
    edited July 2016

But like us you did not make it

Only a Kent fan would celebrate another team not making the playoffs because of rain.
  • Options
    Told you it would end in tears...but it was for both teams in the end.

Surrey's victory tonight was, after all, merely pay back time for Kent's fantastic win at Tunbridge Wells the other week.
  • Options
    Bloody annoying about the Essex game! Only needed them to bad for 5 overs and be behind on D/l and we would have been through.

Brilliant match none the less. What an innings from Roy. Made Finch look very ordinary at times. Didn't get the decision to send Morris and Curran in early. I know the argument they are stronger and hit the ball further but seriously it takes them longer to gettheir eye in and be seeing the ball. And Roy was going well. I wanted Burns or Sibley just to knock the singles and get Roy on strike.

Anyways finished with a good score although I thought it was 8 runs short.

Bowled well although probably eased off a bit at the end which made the margins closer.

Still don't rate morris.

Two exceptional pieces of fielding. The run out by Foakes and the diving catch by Roy was brilliant. Great day out!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Moment of the match, Roy joining on the Mexican wave.
  • Options
    Not sure why batty only bowled 2 overs he was going really well. And we nearly missed the cut off time. And I had a bet on him getting 5 wickets.
  • Options

" Love you, Jase!"

:wink:

• Options
    edited July 2016
    The sexy rain dance I did in my Essex garden... think a mix between silence of the lambs and flash dance. And wicker man.
  • Options
    Kent could never match Surreys opening pair. 170 odd runs between them.

As soon as big hitter Bell-Drummond went out, game over.

Last over had to sit under the umbrella.

Still better atmosphere than a Charlton game by a mile
  • Options

Colin Cowdrey, Mick Jagger, Charles Dickens,Archbishop of Canterbury,Sooty and Sweep - we gave your boys one hell of a beating.

Dickens was born in Poertsmouth, Hampshire so is not really Kent
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Dickens was born in Poertsmouth, Hampshire so is not really Kent
    Phew, thought you were going to pick me up on Sooty and Sweep then !...phew.
  • Options
    That was a lot of fun!
  • Options

" Love you, Jase!"

:wink:

That is exactly what I shouted at him when it happened. Were you stalking me?
  • Options
    Surrey won because of a great ininings by Roy and DBD getting out just as he was getting going. In the first game Kent won because Roy got out (for 52) whereas DBD went on to make a match winning innings.
    At least at a Kent ground you are allowed to watch the cricket! The Oval full of City types, most of who probably didn't watch half of the balls bowled.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed, I'd estimate 25% of the crowd bothered to watch Kent bat. £4.90 not bad for a beer though, well played Surrey for being reason. I didn't realise Will Griggs played for them either.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    That was rubbish from Kent. To add to the fact there was hundreds of kids running around making us get up and down from our seats and people walking to their seats while in the middle of the action I think I have finally had enough of going to T20 games. And I have been to plenty of T20 games so Whether it is the oval that has this affect on me I don't know but for 30 quid I can find better entertainment. Paid half the money for a whole day of 1st day county game v Sussex and was far more enjoyable.
  • Options

Kent could never match Surreys opening pair. 170 odd runs between them.

As soon as big hitter Bell-Drummond went out, game over.

Last over had to sit under the umbrella.

Still better atmosphere than a Charlton game by a mile

Not difficult when everyone is half cut!
  • Options
    redman said:

Surrey won because of a great ininings by Roy and DBD getting out just as he was getting going. In the first game Kent won because Roy got out (for 52) whereas DBD went on to make a match winning innings.
    At least at a Kent ground you are allowed to watch the cricket! The Oval full of City types, most of who probably didn't watch half of the balls bowled.

Did get a little annoying. People a couple rows in front of me. Spent more time standing up facing the wrong way discussing what drink to get next than watching the cricket. I nearly went full siddarn on em.
  • Options
    Good evening, though I left with three overs to go as the result was inevitable and we knew the Essex game was off. Bell-Drummond will surely be England's next T20 and ODI opening bat though he'll have to rely on injury to Roy and Hales.

Beer only 3.80 in members' areas.
  • Options
    Bell-Drummond has a good range of shots. He's not a big hitter as much as Roy or Hales. I actually wonder whether he may have a better chance as being the next test opener.
  • Options
    Bloody Essex.....
    Its grim up north.......

*Shame about Slurrey missing out though......;-)