Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derek Gilbert Ufton (AKA Upton)

edited July 2016 in General Charlton
Just back from the Oval.Surrey beat Kent for the first time this season.
Met the legendary DU - a true gent and and Charlton legend who played in the Famous 7 6 win over Huddersfield when he dislocated his shoulder.He is what makes. CAFC so special.I hate the regime - but I will always be Charlton till I die and after 50 years nothing will stop me from supporting this wonderful club.I will be at Bury and hope many of you will be to.COYR

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Len.Too many beers but still a lovely guy and his heart still very much in Charlton
  • Options
    Played for England v Rest of The World................as i was corrected once by him......TRUE CHARLTON MAN.
  • Options
    What were Derek's views on our current situation
  • Options
    Just really confirmed what we already know.RD wants to make a name for himself by doing things his way and using the Acadamy.Said we lost £10 mil last year.Great to speak to Derek and he still goes regularly both to CAFC and Canterbury for Kent
  • Options
    I went to his primary school in Bexleyheath as well!
  • Options
    I'm fortunate enough to have to spend time with Derek once a month because of Valley Gold meetings. He's an absolute delight to spend time with, knows his stuff, has very honest views on Charlton and has some great stories about some of our legends.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Tell us more, Rich
  • Options

Hey, Treacle ....... change the thread title to Derek's real name?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ufton ffs!
  • Options

Ufton ffs!

He knows! Read 2nd and 3rd posts in. But thanks for the input anyway (ffs!)