Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Zoo

If anyone's thinking about staying over in the new lodges at London Zoo you've got to do it. We're here at the moment and it's fantastic. You get after hours and torchlight tours plus we get into the zoo a couple of hours before it opens tomorrow morning. Currently sitting on the veranda listening to the sounds of the animals.

Comments

• Options
    Have you been drinking Dave.............your not out dogging are you? :smile:
  • Options

Have you been drinking Dave.............your not out dogging are you? :smile:

Better not, could take a wrong turn and get eaten.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

If anyone's thinking about staying over in the new lodges at London Zoo you've got to do it. We're here at the moment and it's fantastic. You get after hours and torchlight tours plus we get into the zoo a couple of hours before it opens tomorrow morning. Currently sitting on the veranda listening to the sounds of the animals.

Have you bought an executive box at the Rusty Toolbox?
  • Options

Problem is; I'd be sitting there on the veranda in me undercrackers, hankycheif pon head, reading the latest copy of Sporting Shooter, and there'd be a coach load of tourists taking photos of me thinking I was one of the exhibits
    You would be.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Problem is; I'd be sitting there on the veranda in me undercrackers, hankycheif pon head, reading the latest copy of Sporting Shooter, and there'd be a coach load of tourists taking photos of me thinking I was one of the exhibits
    You would be.
    Paddy and Murphy start up a haulage firm, Paddy's first job is to deliver 45 penguins to London Zoo. Anyway, coming down the M1, he gets a puncture. As luck would have it, Murphy is coming down the M1 with his first job a load of mattresses. He pulls up and gets out his lorry, Paddy runs up "Quick Quick" he says "you need to help me Murphy, these penguin need to be in London Zoo by 10am tomorrow morning, we need to swap loads and I'll take your mattresses in as soon as I'm back on the road" Murphy replies "of course, leave if to me to me sure to get sure" so they exchange loads and Murphy continues the journey with the penguins on board. Monday morning, Paddy's back on the road and driving through London with his load of mattresses, when all of a sudden he sees Murphy walking through Trafalgar Square with the 45 penguins behind him "MURPHY!!!!!" he shouts "them penguins were meant to be in London Zoo on Saturday morning! ffs" "Ay Paddy, and I took em to the Zoo at 10am so I did and we had a great time too, but they were getting bored, so I thought I'd show em the sights of London"
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Big Rob, right now.

• Options
    Thought this was going to be about being locked in at the rusty tool box and watching the Spanners interact with each other.
  • Options
    I did this a couple of years ago at Whipsnade.

Not cheap but it was brilliant and I would recommend to anyone!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Big Rob, right now.

Let go of the worm, Rob - it's no good for your gout.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Opening this thread I assumed someone had been round to Katriens house
  • Options
    Nothing like listening to imprisoned animals to make you sleep well
  • Options

Big Rob, right now.

Have pm'd iainment in case he missed it.
  • Options
    We have a big cat sanctuary near me in Kent and we stayed there over night recently, that was amazing. Got to hand feed a lion and a tiger, luckily they were still behind the bars or they would have had more than my hands.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Nothing like listening to imprisoned animals to make you sleep well

It might be worth educating yourself on how ZSL works, how they source the animals they house and their reasons for doing so.

https://www.zsl.org/education/where-do-our-animals-come-from-and-where-do-they-go
  • Options
    Not cheap as someone just said... thought id look to see if I could take my nephews. I think ill stick with the animal park in Charlton.
  • Options

iainment said:

You would be.
    Paddy and Murphy start up a haulage firm, Paddy's first job is to deliver 45 penguins to London Zoo. Anyway, coming down the M1, he gets a puncture. As luck would have it, Murphy is coming down the M1 with his first job a load of mattresses. He pulls up and gets out his lorry, Paddy runs up "Quick Quick" he says "you need to help me Murphy, these penguin need to be in London Zoo by 10am tomorrow morning, we need to swap loads and I'll take your mattresses in as soon as I'm back on the road" Murphy replies "of course, leave if to me to me sure to get sure" so they exchange loads and Murphy continues the journey with the penguins on board. Monday morning, Paddy's back on the road and driving through London with his load of mattresses, when all of a sudden he sees Murphy walking through Trafalgar Square with the 45 penguins behind him "MURPHY!!!!!" he shouts "them penguins were meant to be in London Zoo on Saturday morning! ffs" "Ay Paddy, and I took em to the Zoo at 10am so I did and we had a great time too, but they were getting bored, so I thought I'd show em the sights of London"
    Is it really necessary to use Irish stereotypes :)

• Options
    It is massively expensive for a family visit, in the day time.

How much have they charged you, for out of hours access and an overnight stay? (Probably cheaper than a hotel around Regents Park, I guess) What is the standard of accommodation?
  • Options
    £378 looks the cheapest for two people
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How much have they charged you, for out of hours access and an overnight stay? (Probably cheaper than a hotel around Regents Park, I guess) What is the standard of accommodation?

It was £500 for the 3 of us. That included 2 days access to the zoo, after hours tours, evening meal, breakfast and early morning tour this morning before it opened (they took us to see the tiger cubs whilst they were out and before the my disappeared for the day). You don't spend much time in the lodge as you're out at 8 for breakfast. They're fine but a bit small.
  • Options

It was £500 for the 3 of us. That included 2 days access to the zoo, after hours tours, evening meal, breakfast and early morning tour this morning before it opened (they took us to see the tiger cubs whilst they were out and before the my disappeared for the day). You don't spend much time in the lodge as you're out at 8 for breakfast. They're fine but a bit small.
    What do you do in the evenings after the tours? ............ F*** I'm going to regret that question! ;)
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

What do you do in the evenings after the tours? ............ F*** I'm going to regret that question! ;)
    They finish at 10 so straight back to the lodge.
  • Options
    Lights out at 10 then?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Lights out at 10 then?

Pretty much, you can't take alcohol back to your lodge. To be fair, you're pretty knackered by then anyway.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Lights out at 10 then?

Pretty much, you can't take alcohol back to your lodge. To be fair, you're pretty knackered by then anyway.
    WHAT! It's a zoo, not a nunnery...
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Curb_It said:

Lights out at 10 then?

WHAT! It's a zoo, not a nunnery...
    Its not a zoo rule, they would just not let Dave Mehmet take alcohol back. They must monitor this site :smile:

Although if they monitored this site they would not let him out after dark :wink: