Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fire near Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Went there for the last Clockwork Orange House night gig a few months back. Hope it's not completely gutted as liked that place.
  • Options
    Probably the fault of brexit
  • Options
    edited August 2016

They've just spent an absolute fortune building a brand new terrace there. Some really good events in there for people who like their house music.

Now we know where to find Katrien
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Does anyone ever go?? I have gone past at lunchtime and queues out the door, some Ibiza rave or something.

As a morning person, I'm quite intrigued that there are dance parties still going on at midday.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Seriously though, hope everyone is alright. The notion that it's near a gas works is quite disturbing.

The gas tank is completely down, so hopefully would be ok. In fact, they all seem to have been for a couple of years now. I guess the energy companies are working on some sort of just-in-time principles these days. Anyone know?
  • Options
    I live 5 mins walk away and couldn't believe my eyes when I walked outside and saw the smoke earlier!

From the outside it really doesn't look like much of a club at all, as its in quite an odd location. Proper tardis though - absolutely huge inside.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just read google reviews. I suggest some don't.

• Options
    Good club, was in there for new years... Good setup and anywhere where Patrick Topping starts a set at 9am is good in my book
  • Options
    Fire in Erith now as well.
  • Options
    Doringtons a light
  • Options

Fire in Erith now as well.

Flats on West Street. Looks bad, hope nobody is trapped.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Leuth said:

that isn't what i imagined

Me neither, whenever I went past I imagined something more like this. But perhaps not so classy.

Are we sure ValleyGary's pics aren't just mock-ups of what they are claiming to have had for insurance purposes?
    Is that Mike Flannagan? (sp)
  • Options
    Absolute nightmare, was meant to be going to Elrow there in september.

Obviously it's sad for the owners and I hope no one was hurt, but I was really looking forward to getting off my chops.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Fire, fire, the fair's on fire"

"You're not even listening are you, I'm going home"
  • Options
    I remember the night they took the tunnel club in the 80s.....old bill shut the tunnel, hid in there, then stormed the club......salad days
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Curb_It said:

Just read google reviews. I suggest some don't.

Jesus... Well that's definitely some potential motive.

Looking at the NewsShopper article too, 14 people getting nicked for Arson within a few hours is pretty nuts.. 14?!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    After 30 years service in the London fire brigade, I've been retired just over 2 years
    I just hope everyone is safe and sound
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    LouisMend said:

It's at the shady looking nightclub on the Blackwall Tunnel approach - Studio 338

Used to stop off there for a beer after playing on Hackney Marshes back in the day.
  • Options
    Marina S certainly sounds like she had some motive based on those Google reviews. Jesus!
  • Options

After 30 years service in the London fire brigade, I've been retired just over 2 years

They are :)
  • Options

They are :)
    Cheers
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Feckin hell. How many times can you burn the Tunnel club down?

Saw that heading up the A2 by the first Gravesend turn off!