Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• no Barnes either. Cover for Foley is my guess
  • Looks like additions to the Bristol trip tomorrow are the order of the day.
    Aribo for example.
  • Quite an attacking line-up. Lapslie at right back, and Dijksteel or Carter in the centre of defence?
  • Can i just say the weather is terrible.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 10m10 minutes ago
    20' Nothing to report at Greenwich Borough so far, other than it is still chucking it down with rain! #cafc
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 10m10 minutes ago
    20' Nothing to report at Greenwich Borough so far, other than it is still chucking it down with rain! #cafc

Do they still play on the number 1 pitch in front of the pavilion at Sutcliffe Park?
  • dickplumb said:

Can i just say the weather is terrible.

I wondered your opinion on Umerah? Seems a decent player from what i've read.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

I wondered your opinion on Umerah? Seems a decent player from what i've read.
    His main attribute is a pile-driver of a shot. We have had a fair few young forwards who are skilful but lack the craft to be a threat. Perhaps we need a forward coach like Carl to teach youngsters the dark arts of being a decent forward.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 12m12 minutes ago
    HALF TIME | Charlton U23s 0 @WatfordFC U23s 0. The Addicks on top but we're goalless at the break. #cafc
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 5m5 minutes ago
    57' GOAL! Ahearne -Grant slots Charlton level after being played in by Charles-Cook. 1-1. #cafc
  • Brilliant well done lads.
  • I would have gone but for the plumber arriving a bit late. Results at this level are consistently good.
  • Kennady, as a youth international attacking midfielder/winger who scores a lot at this level and seems to have a bit about him physically I'm surprised he hasn't had a chance around the first team squad
  • Kennady, as a youth international attacking midfielder/winger who scores a lot at this level and seems to have a bit about him physically I'm surprised he hasn't had a chance around the first team squad

Agreed, perhaps if the loan rules weren't stupidly changed he would have had a loan spell out to the conference or League 2.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 10m10 minutes ago

Do they still play on the number 1 pitch in front of the pavilion at Sutcliffe Park?
    No play at their own ground now at Badgers in Eltham
  • But we knew the rules so why didn't we loan him out before the deadline?

Agreed, perhaps if the loan rules weren't stupidly changed he would have had a loan spell out to the conference or League 2.
    Players still can go on loan to the Conference as Muldoon joined Braintree... Its the Football League that changed their rules.

Is stupid though because both Kennedy and Ahearne-Grant could do with loans to League Two... Maybe even Charles-Cook and Dijksteel could drop down a League for their development as well

Players still can go on loan to the Conference as Muldoon joined Braintree... Its the Football League that changed their rules.

Is stupid though because both Kennedy and Ahearne-Grant could do with loans to League Two... Maybe even Charles-Cook and Dijksteel could drop down a League for their development as well
    Of course he did. My Bad. Still stupid that league clubs can't loan players.

Probably due to the fact at we were more cautious of injuries as loans also don't have call back clauses.

Dont think its just us though... Because of this every club were reluctant to let players out on loan hence why we found it so difficult to bring an extra midfielder into the club.

You could also look at it in a situation i.e. Had Crofts / Jackson / Foley all got injured, who from the U23's steps up as a replacement when all our "experienced" U23s are out on loan?
  • edited November 2016

Kennady, as a youth international attacking midfielder/winger who scores a lot at this level and seems to have a bit about him physically I'm surprised he hasn't had a chance around the first team squad

Maybe the League should revisit the rules...

If you've SIGNED the player from another club then you cant loan them out during the emergency loan window, if that player genuinely came through your Youth Academy then yes you should be allowed to loan them out.

i.e. two examples
    - Kasey Palmer should not be allowed to join another club outside of the two transfer windows.
    - Louis Yamfam signed from Stevenage should not be allowed to join another club outside of the two transfer windows.

If you've SIGNED the player from another club then you cant loan them out during the emergency loan window, if that player genuinely came through your Youth Academy then yes you should be allowed to loan them out.

i.e. two examples
    - Kasey Palmer should not be allowed to join another club outside of the two transfer windows.
    - Louis Yamfam signed from Stevenage should not be allowed to join another club outside of the two transfer windows.
    Or put an age restriction on emergency loans, say 20 years old.

It used to annoy me when we had a game coming up, and the opposition landed a couple of journeymen on loan in the days leading up to it.
  • Ben18 said:

Kennady, as a youth international attacking midfielder/winger who scores a lot at this level and seems to have a bit about him physically I'm surprised he hasn't had a chance around the first team squad

i.e. two examples
    Or put an age restriction on emergency loans, say 20 years old.

It used to annoy me when we had a game coming up, and the opposition landed a couple of journeymen on loan in the days leading up to it.
    Or introduce both our suggestions?

For me the fact remains that the loan window was abandoned because the way youngsters are being hoarded at clubs like Chelsea etc. and that with a bit of thought the loan window could remain so that it still benefits the correct clubs and kids!!
  • dickplumb said:

I've only just managed to warm up! Glad the rain actually stopped for the second half. What a downpour that was though.

Good game in difficult conditions