Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Sheriff has a good shot.
  • Interesting that Hanlon starts after being a regular sub for the 1st team. Ba and Kennedy presumably for the Millwall squad, maybe we'll play 5 in midfield
  • Has Sheriff got Posse up front with him
  • Sheriff has a good shot.

He's a star
  • Has Sheriff got Posse up front with him

Well, er.

• Shame a out the goal. Low cross from Archies side and an uncontestef low ducking header. We have approached well with nothing to show for it against a competive side packing the defence
  • 0-2 Colchester
  • 1 - 2. KAG sets up Umerah
  • Hopefully we can get out of jail...
  • I will be very surprised if Ba is in the squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

I will be very surprised if Ba is in the squad.

Me too.
  • dickplumb said:

I will be very surprised if Ba is in the squad.

Well Tex returned, and it was rumoured that he had been left out due to some sort of appearance payment being due, which presumably isn't the case?

• 15m
    Charlton Athletic FC‏ @CAFCofficial
    68' Charlton applying the pressure here! Umerah and Hanlan have both just gone close. 1-2 #cafc

• Are we still losing?

• Oggy Red said:

Are we still losing?

Full Time we lost 2-1
  • Missed Kennedy?
  • It was a rare defeat. Colchester had about three decent attacks and scored from two of them, and were hard to break down.
    It wasn't too bad although the team has played better, even though he loses the ball a bit because he tries stuff I thought KAG played well.
  • I agree Seth, KAG stood out today, whilst Colchester did a good job containing Umerah and Hanlan who are a handful for anyone at this level. We paid for a lack-lustre first half really - no lack of effort but things just didn't quite click. Dominated after their second but couldn't quite make the clear cut chances.

As a side issue, Jason is someone to be proud of, getting his points over without ranting and maintaining his dignity even when not happy with officials etc. That surely comes across to the players too.
  • Missed Kennedy?

No said Lee Harvey Oswald
  • Sponsored links:

• Paddy7 said:

I agree Seth, KAG stood out today, whilst Colchester did a good job containing Umerah and Hanlan who are a handful for anyone at this level. We paid for a lack-lustre first half really - no lack of effort but things just didn't quite click. Dominated after their second but couldn't quite make the clear cut chances.

As a side issue, Jason is someone to be proud of, getting his points over without ranting and maintaining his dignity even when not happy with officials etc. That surely comes across to the players too.

Any sign of Robinson there?
  • Another defeat Roland you stupid man.
  • Kap10 said:

Paddy7 said:

I agree Seth, KAG stood out today, whilst Colchester did a good job containing Umerah and Hanlan who are a handful for anyone at this level. We paid for a lack-lustre first half really - no lack of effort but things just didn't quite click. Dominated after their second but couldn't quite make the clear cut chances.

second half
  • seth plum said:

Kap10 said:

Paddy7 said:

second half
    He was standing by the dressing room entrance after half-time, quite vocal about lack of fit players in his squad - "That's my bench for Wednesday out there" was a loud remark- presumably citing Hanlan/RCC/KAG/Umerah. Worst reffing display I've seen at this level, and some dodgy offsides with linos flagging runners as they received the ball, onside when the ball was kicked.
  • chilham said:

seth plum said:

Kap10 said:

Paddy7 said:

second half
    He was standing by the dressing room entrance after half-time, quite vocal about lack of fit players in his squad - "That's my bench for Wednesday out there" was a loud remark- presumably citing Hanlan/RCC/KAG/Umerah. Worst reffing display I've seen at this level, and some dodgy offsides with linos flagging runners as they received the ball, onside when the ball was kicked.
    I'd expect two of those to be on the bench, probably Hanlan plus one (Umerah most likely), so why risk them two days beforehand in a U23 game?
  • Kap10 said:

Paddy7 said:

John?
  • edited January 2017
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-southend-united-u23-friendly-report-3499784.aspx

beat Southend 4 - 1 today behind closed doors

Desilva played

Charlton: Mitov; Barnes, Dijksteel, Bowry (Lapslie 66), Triallist (Simpson 66); Charles-Cook, Muldoon (Carter 45), Dasilva; Ahearne-Grant (Kennedy 45), Hanlan, Umerah (Yamfam 66).

Subs (not used): Harvey

Goals: Bowry 20, Hanlan 67, Yamfam 69, Charles-Cook 83

Euell’s table-topping youngsters will return to league action on Monday, January 9th when they host Cardiff City at Greenwich Borough’s DGS Marine Stadium (1pm).

No idea who the triallist was or even the trialist ; - )
  • Another 4-1 win, its getting boring now, at least nobody scored a hat trick.
  • Desilva is rapid...
  • Went down to 10 men (Dijksteel went off unwell and no sub) before they scored