Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• I thought Tony Watt might have played today
  • I thought Tony Watt might have played today

I really doubt we will see him in a Charlton shirt again
  • Is Bowery a new player or is it Bobby Bowry's son and they've managed to spell his name wrong on the team sheet?
  • It's Bobby's son
  • It's Bobby's son

Bobby Brown?

• Matty Kennedy for Cardiff looks decent. Strong winger, looks a bit like Watt.

1 - 0 HT

Cardiff came back into it late on.

JFC not standing out but might just be using this as a fitness game.
  • Southbank said:

I thought Tony Watt might have played today

Holding him back so he can explode on to Millwall
  • I am opposite the exotically named Albert Lennard Skinner Stand. Am standing with Kr and all the Coaches including O Loughlin and Simon Clark.
  • Please don't get injured Jake !
  • Sponsored links:

• Hows Forster Caskey playing?
  • Swisdom said:

It's Bobby's son

Bobby Brown?

Ewing
  • I am a bit disapointed Watt isn't playing too!
  • dickplumb said:

I am opposite the exotically named Albert Lennard Skinner Stand. Am standing with Kr and all the Coaches including O Loughlin and Simon Clark.

So you're a network stooge and spy for Roland as well :smiley:
  • I am a bit disapointed Watt isn't playing too!

I would see that as more likely that he might get a look in on Saturday.
  • 2 - 0 KAG

Glancing header from flat near post corner.

Hanlon running at them and causing problems

JFC just forced good save from GK
  • JFC just forced good save from GK

Which Goalkeeper?
  • edited January 2017
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 10m10 minutes ago
    U23S | GOAL! Brandon Hanlan makes it three with one of the last kicks of the game. 3-0! #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 7m7 minutes ago
    U23S | Full time at the DGS Marine Stadium and @jasoneuell's side have beaten @CardiffCityFC 3-0. Well done, lads! #cafc
  • edited January 2017
    Damn, missed the late goal.

Had a chat with Bobby Bowry on the way out. I told his boy had done well and he said he's doing OK.

He felt that given our strength, pace and power CAFC should have done better as we got it all.

He rates Lapsie and thinks more of our players need to go out on loan as that develops the 65 kids he looks after. He was wearing a Palace coat so assume he was talking about their policy of loaning out players.

Interesting view from an insider and a father of a player although Aribo, Lookman and Konsa didn't go out on loan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Matty Kennedy is a young version of Tony Watt. Even looks like.

Was on Everton's books but now playing for Cardiff reserves.
  • I asked someone close to the Club why Tony Watt wasn't playing in this game and he said that they are waiting for his International clearance to come through. It should be received in time for the Millwall game.
  • dickplumb said:

I asked someone close to the Club why Tony Watt wasn't playing in this game and he said that they are waiting for his International clearance to come through. It should be received in time for the Millwall game.

Bloody EU
  • Southbank said:

I thought Tony Watt might have played today

You have written that as if you know something that the rest of us don't.....well do you?
  • Thanks to everyone for the updates. It continues to sound like we have a lot of very good young players. I agree that it would be nice to see some of these lads go out on loan, especially since we're out of all of the cups.

Anyone spot that ex-Charlton player Kevin Nicholson was in charge of Cardiff U23?

• Is it our ex Kevin Nicholson?
    Or is our ex Kevin Nicholson manager of Torquay United?