Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Maybe it was somebody else altogether?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38224712

Lapsley too?
  • seth plum said:

Maybe it was somebody else altogether?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38224712

Lapsley too?

Also, team-sheet says Brandon Hanlon. His name is Hanlan.

• And Anfenee instead of Anfernee
  • seth plum said:

Was at the game and enjoyed it. had a chat with paddy7 of this parish, and also Nathan Fox's dad. Nathan had been at Arsenal then Norwich then Brentford. He had to deal with Kennedy of Cardiff and did well enough.
    I thought JFC was neat and tidy, confident in what he could do, we scored from his corner and he was straight away substituted. I also thought Aaron Barnes, switched to the left, had a good game.
    Charlton were stronger than a youthful Cardiff team, all the usual attacking prospects caught the eye such as KAG, Hanlan, Umerah and RCC. The Cardiff goalkeeper made good saves in the latter quarter of the game or it would have been a bit of a thrashing.
    Lots of coach and scout type people around, saw one bloke from Cambridge United for instance, Karl Robinson was there too, Keith Peacock as well.

Nice meeting you Seth and nothing much to add to that match report. Cardiff rallied briefly after the break but these boys are very determined, as well as skillful. Best I've seen from Barnes who is tough, qick-footed and looks capable in defence and attack, even shifted out of his comfort zone to left back. Now missing Aribo, there were still plenty of options in attack against a largely younger Cardiff side.

Oh, and a gentleman from the principality advised me that the second part of their first team manager's anagram nickname is far from inappropriate!
  • Southbank said:

I thought Tony Watt might have played today

I really doubt we will see him in a Charlton shirt again
    Mmmmmm........so much for your doubts Southbank!
  • edited January 2017
    The U18's are away to Birmingham on the 1st April, I am thinking of going but do not know where Birmingham play their games. Does anybody have any ideas?

Please pm me for details.

Thanks in advance.
  • The U18's are away to Birmingham on the 1st April, I am thinking of going but do not know where Birmingham play there games. Does anybody have any ideas?

Please pm me for details.

Thanks in advance.

I was just about to flag you for that before I made my promise.

• Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 13m13 minutes ago
    U23S | @jasoneuell's side are in action against @bcfctweets this afternoon. Team news is in... #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 12m12 minutes ago
    Charlton U23s | Mitov, Barnes, Lapslie, Dijksteel, Yao, Carter, Charles-Cook, Kennedy, Hanlan, Ahearne-Grant, Umerah. #cafc

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 12m12 minutes ago
    Charlton U23s subs | Maynard-Brewer, Assiana, Zemura, Sarpong-Wiredu. #cafc
  • Bristol City FC ‏@bcfctweets 7m7 minutes ago
    28 - Lemmonheigh-Evans fires a shot from 25 yards inches wide of the far post!
    0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
    Reply Retweet
    More
    Bristol City FC ‏@bcfctweets 10m10 minutes ago
    24 - McCoulsky appeared to have been brought down on the edge of the area, the ref gives a dubious decision against him, free kick Charlton
    Reply Retweet
    More
    Bristol City FC ‏@bcfctweets 12m12 minutes ago
    22 - Scramble from the resultant free kick ends with McCoulsky firing against the post!
    Reply Retweet
    More
    Bristol City FC ‏@bcfctweets 13m13 minutes ago
    21 - Kelly is brought down in the corner and city have a free kick in a promising area
    Reply Retweet
    More
    Bristol City FC ‏@bcfctweets 16m16 minutes ago
    19 - Dijksteel goes into the book for bringing down McCoulsky on the half way line, McCoulskey turnt him and looked to be though on goal
    Reply Retweet
    More
    Bristol City FC ‏@bcfctweets 21m21 minutes ago
    14 - City break from a Charlton corner and it ends with Pring just over hitting a cross to the back post
    0 replies 0 retweets 1 like
    Reply Retweet
    Like 1
    More
    Bristol City FC ‏@bcfctweets 24m24 minutes ago
    10 - Charles-Cook is forced off through injury and is replaced by Sarrong-Nierdy
    0 replies 2 retweets 2 likes
    Reply Retweet 2
    Like 2
    More
    Bristol City FC ‏@bcfctweets 26m26 minutes ago
    8 - Good interplay between Dowling and Morrell almost releases McCoulsky but he can't quite reach the through ball
    0 replies 1 retweet 2 likes
    Reply Retweet 1
    Like 2
    More
    Bristol City FC ‏@bcfctweets 31m31 minutes ago
    4 - Pring intercepts well and releases Reid on the break whose shot goes narrowly wide! So close.
    0 replies 0 retweets 1 like
    Reply Retweet
    Like 1
    More
    Bristol City FC ‏@bcfctweets 34m34 minutes ago
    1 - Bristol City get us underway!
  • Sponsored links:

• Bristol City FC ‏@bcfctweets 3m3 minutes ago
    HALF TIME: #BristolCity U23s 0-0 Charlton Athletic U23s

• Thanks for the updates, Henry.

*thumbs up*

• 6m
    Bristol City FC‏ @bcfctweets
    #BristolCity U23s 0-1 Charlton Athletic U23s

Umerah fouled and then converts penalty

I like this update.

Now 1 - 1

But not this one.....sort it out Henners.
  • Ahearne Grant sent off for a headbutt
  • 2 - 1 City

We were on top but we got frustrated and now conceded.
  • Or haircut ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Euell out
  • iamdan said:

Euell out

Relax and have another egg sandwich :wink:
  • Does KAGs red affect his availabilty for the 1st XI?
  • Does KAGs red affect his availabilty for the 1st XI?

nope
  • edited January 2017

Does KAGs red affect his availabilty for the 1st XI?

I would have said yes, unless the rules have changed pretty sure if you got one in the old reserve team league it applied for all competitions.
  • I thought it was agreed by the premier teams who played their under 23's in the Mickey Mouse cup that any cards would not count for first team games
  • KAG sent off for a headbutt

With Magennis out, it's a good job we won't need him for the 1st team on Saturday.

• Game tomorrow hopefully give game time to the likes of Novak,watt,Holmes and forster-caskey
  • Game tomorrow hopefully give game time to the likes of Novak,watt,Holmes and forster-caskey

Don't forget if anyone was thinking of going that it's now a 1pm kick off and not 7pm as originally fixtured for