Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• edited January 2017
    I think it's away, to Wimbledon.
  • Game tomorrow hopefully give game time to the likes of Novak,watt,Holmes and forster-caskey

I always wonder if a U23 run out is better than two full days of training with the first team those players otherwise might get--miss training Monday due to the match and Tuesday as a recovery day.

Just idle speculation, and probably varies player-to-player and depends on how long they've been out for and where their fitness is.
  • seth plum said:

I think it's away, to Wimbledon.

Yes it is at Merstham FC, there are still people that might go to watch
  • Game tomorrow hopefully give game time to the likes of Novak,watt,Holmes and forster-caskey

Our senior players hardly ever play for the U23s. The likes of Lennon, Johnson and Ajose have hardly featured this season despite their lack of 1st team action
  • edited January 2017
    23/1/17 - Game postponed - frozen pitch.
  • cafc-west said:

23/1/17 - Game postponed - frozen pitch.

Wot, no undersoil heating? Disgraceful...

Sack the groundsman
  • Due to play Ipswich tomorrow at Greenwich Borough, kick off at 1pm it says on the official site.
  • edited January 2017
    CHARLTON U23S | Mitov, Lapslie, Barnes, Yao, Bowry, Dijksteel, Carter, Kennedy, Hackett-Fairchild, Millar, Umerah. #cafc

CHARLTON U23S SUBS | Maynard-Brewer, Simpson, Zemura, Charles-Cook, Yamfam. #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2017
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 24s24 seconds ago
    More
    CHARLTON U23S | Mitov, Lapslie, Barnes, Yao, Bowry, Dijksteel, Carter, Kennedy, Hackett-Fairchild, Millar, Umerah.

CHARLTON U23S SUBS | Maynard-Brewer, Simpson, Zemura, Charles-Cook, Yamfam. #cafc

No KAG in the squad EDIT as suspended which I'd forgotten until pointed out to me : - )

Kennedy playing despite interested from whichever other network club it was.

Hackett-Fairchild pushing his case for the first team start.
  • What does Charles Cook have to do to get a game
  • Just had a chat with the Ipswich physio. Quire a tpyoung Ipswich team he says, tho tri ky winger Ted Bizhop has made first team appeances. He says their team changes every week and has ups and downs..
  • What does Charles Cook have to do to get a game

Charles-Cook got injured in the last U23 Game.

• 38' GOAL! Umerah pounces on a sloppy Ipswich pass before rounding the keeper and tapping home. 1-0. #cafc
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial : HALF-TIME | Charlton U23 1 @Official_ITFC U23 0.

Josh Umerah's goal seperates the sides at the break. #cafc
  • Half time 1-0.
    Deserved. One way traffic down the slope. Ipswich had good chances on breakaways but Mitov has played well coming off his line to cover dangerous situations. Very enjoyable half. All playing prdtty well. Carter spreading first time expansive passes to the excellent Lapslie a particular feature.
  • Sorry about my posts. Using the fiddly phone outside is the problem.
  • Sorry about my posts. Using the fiddly phone outside is the problem.
  • Difficult pitch. Very boggy. Decent first half, deserved lead too.
  • Sponsored links:

• U23S | The second half is underway at @GBoroughfc with the Addicks leading 1-0. #cafc
  • Would like to see kennedy play a couple of first team games. Always seems to get involved

His 1st goal sounds good.
    48' With his back to goal, Kennedy turned with one touch and fired straight into the bottom right-hand corner. #cafc
  • Hes got to be in with a shout to get on the bench especially with big mag out for the moment.
  • FULL-TIME | Charlton U23 4 @Official_ITFC U23 0.

@Mikhail Kennedy's hat-trick secures an impressive victory.
  • FULL-TIME | Charlton U23 4 @Official_ITFC U23 0.

No nothing about him, whats he like, target man? No.10? Worthy of a bench place or too early?
  • Kap10 said:

FULL-TIME | Charlton U23 4 @Official_ITFC U23 0.

No nothing about him, whats he like, target man? No.10? Worthy of a bench place or too early?
    Seems to be more of an attacking midfielder now. Nicky Bailey style is the first comparison I can think of but those that see him more will suggest better.

Scores lots of goals at this level and gets stuck in. 20 now so most likely needs to get out into men's football. He certainly seem physical enough for it. Sure there would have been a few scouts noting his goals today.