Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Is George Lapslie just covering at Right-Back... I always thought he was a midfielder?
  • Is George Lapslie just covering at Right-Back... I always thought he was a midfielder?

He is usually a midfielder, not 100% sure why he is covering as rightback, but I think they like him there
  • Is there anywhere I could find the under 23 fixtures? got a couple of weeks in April with free mondays so would like to take one in.
  • Is there anywhere I could find the under 23 fixtures? got a couple of weeks in April with free mondays so would like to take one in.

I've often found the Official Site is good for fixtures http://www.cafc.co.uk/fixtures-results/u23_fixtures/
  • Sponsored links:

• Haha thanks, I've not been on it in years.
  • Annoyingly I think I'll make the Hull City game but it's at the Valley, was hoping to catch one at Greenwich Borough.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial

Good luck to our U23s, who travel to @QPRFC this afternoon (1pm). #cafc
  • edited February 2017
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 37s37 seconds ago
    More
    Charlton U23s | Mitov, Barnes, Bowry, Yao, Triallist, Dijksteel, Lapslie, Millar, Kennedy (c), Yamfam, Hackett-Fairchild. #cafc

More
    Charlton U23s subs | Maynard-Brewer, Maloney, Doughty, Willis. #cafc

Oh, it's a trialist. From the way the names are listed a full back maybe. Let the speculation begin.

KAG still suspended I guess, Hanlan and Umerah out on loan but gives a chance for Hackett-Fairchild to shine
  • #QPRU23 XI v @CAFCOfficial: Dieng, Barzey, Williams, Wallen, Arthur, Paul, Crichlow, Morrison, Grego-Cox, Eze, Petrasso.

#QPRU23 Subs v @CAFCofficial: Herdman, Springer-Downes, Rowe, Clarke.

That is Revel Morrison lining up for them.

I wonder why Dasilva doesn't get a run out in this game.
  • edited February 2017

Good point, Henry.

Okay, it's an U23 development team fixture, but I'm surprised that generally they don't get better used to help keep a non-playing 1st team squad player match fit.
    As you say, ideal for Da Silva (or the the new Arsenal lad) to put them through their paces or a player returning from injury.

• Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 1m1 minute ago
    More
    U23S | 1' GOAL! The Addicks are 1-0 up inside a minute! @MikhailKennedy is fouled in the box and he steps up to convert the penalty. #cafc
  • Oggy Red said:

Good point, Henry.

Okay, it's an U23 development team fixture, but I'm surprised that generally they don't get better used to help keep a non-playing 1st team squad player match fit.
    As you say, ideal for Da Silva (or the the new Arsenal lad) to put them through their paces or a player returning from injury.

JFC played a game for the U23s to get some fitness.

Maybe it is part of the loan deal that they don't play other than for the first XI but some of our non-playing over 23s might need a run out.
  • edited February 2017
    5' GOAL! @reececox9 races through on goal before finishing coolly to bring Rangers level (1-1) #QPRU23

Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 37s37 seconds ago
    More
    U23S | 5' Goal QPR. Cox races through to slot home an equaliser for the hosts. 1-1 #cafc
  • Is Archie Edwards injured or being saved for Saturday?
  • Sponsored links:

• More
    18' GOAL! @reececox9 with his second, converting @petrasso20's inch-perfect cross at the far post. Rangers ahead! (2-1) #QPRU23

Good point. Left sided defender when Page and maybe Chicksen are out.

Good point. Left sided defender when Page and maybe Chicksen are out.
    Or maybe just giving the trialist a trial.

A lot of people didn't rate Fox but good to see him back in a Charlton shirt
  • I imagine there are quite a few free agents out there at the moment, all released at the end of the January window
  • I imagine there are quite a few free agents out there at the moment, all released at the end of the January window

And Charlton has quite a track record in signing free agents in February.

• Archie Edwards has been out for some time.
  • edited February 2017

I imagine there are quite a few free agents out there at the moment, all released at the end of the January window

Maybe Ba is the triallist.
  • 2-2 Kennedy. Low in swinging free kick and Kennedy gets on the end of it. He's played well. Trialist is Nathan fox if not already mentioned. They've got Ravel Morrison playing for them.
  • edited February 2017
    QPR FC ‏@QPRFC 12m12 minutes ago
    More

QPR FC ‏@QPRFC 7m7 minutes ago
    More
    36' @reececox9 threatens again, bringing out a good save from the @CAFCofficial goalkeeper at his near post (2-1) #QPRU23

QPR FCVerified account
    @QPRFC

39' Clang! @morrisonravel cannons a shot against the crossbar from 20 yards. Rangers so close to a third! (2-1) #QPRU23

QPR FC ‏@QPRFC 2m2 minutes ago
    More
    41' Goal. Against the run of play, Kennedy gets his second for @CAFCofficial to level the scores again (2-2) #QPRU23
  • Half time 2-2. We've seen a fair amount of possession but our decision making in the final third hasn't been great. It's two easy for their attackers to get in behind too.

Impressed with Chris Millar and Kennedy just keeps scoring.