Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    2-0 Ladapo header from an Adigun cross.
    Frankly we could've had a few more in this game.
  • Options
    A few times we've been too slow in pulling the trigger or tried to take on one too many. 

Kedwell skims the post as I type. 
  • Options
    Casey wonder goal 3-0
  • Options
    The U21 keeper looks miles better than the chump who kept goal for the 1st team yesterday.
  • Options
    Casey immediately subbed off.
  • Options
    4-0 Mbick header from a free kick by Kedwell.
  • Options
    5-0 Hobden robbed Rylah(!) and finished low and powerful across the keeper.
  • Options
    Full Time 5-0.
    Nice change from recent results, and highly enjoyable football.
  • Options
    Some great goals and an emphatic win.

No idea how good or bad Ipswich are but they were well beaten.
  • Options
    LOVING this group of lads ! Such commitment, passion, tenacity.....pretty much the polar opposite of what we witnessed last night at The Valley. Great stuff from each & every one of them !

MA should have made the senior players in the Cup squad watch this from the touchline this afternoon....

....and feel ashamed.

Today's lads would have given CVPM far more of a challenge than those full time pros on very good money.

I know which team I'd rather watch at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ipswich had won their last three games at this level.
  • Options
    This keeper needs to be sub keeper and Casey instead of shit cut Kirk all day long 
  • Options
    LOVING this group of lads ! Such commitment, passion, tenacity.....pretty much the polar opposite of what we witnessed last night at The Valley. Great stuff from each & every one of them !

MA should have made the senior players in the Cup squad watch this from the touchline this afternoon....

....and feel ashamed.

Today's lads would have given CVPM far more of a challenge than those full time pros on very good money.

I know which team I'd rather watch at the moment.
    I would imagine most will be talking to their agents about their next move fingers crossed.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    cazo said:
    This keeper needs to be sub keeper and Casey instead of shit cut Kirk all day long 
    Until they show they're not ready, and get the same sort of comments we're seeing about Anderson at the moment - Hell one joker even said he should have been released.

With a large amount of the fanbase saying so and so is shit, or that one is clearly not ready, should be out on loan at most etc. Being exposed to the First Team is the last thing some of these kids need.

Still it makes us all feel better getting it off our chest... Its an emotional game after all
  • Options
    cazo said:
    Until they show they're not ready, and get the same sort of comments we're seeing about Anderson at the moment - Hell one joker even said he should have been released.

With a large amount of the fanbase saying so and so is shit, or that one is clearly not ready, should be out on loan at most etc. Being exposed to the First Team is the last thing some of these kids need.

Still it makes us all feel better getting it off our chest... Its an emotional game after all
    Put him in the squad no fucking more kirk
  • Options
    cazo said:
    cazo said:

Put him in the squad no fucking more kirk
    Casey isn't even a wide player like Kirk is he?

He comes across like another Alfie May type Striker

So you'd put a kid, with no First Team experience in the squad, in a potentially unfamiliar role... Hmmm... I've got a feeling how that would work out.

Henry Rylah is the one you'd want to replace Kirk with
  • Options
    clive said:
    Crusty54 said:
    No mention of Valley Gold access.

Sent an email. They will respond within a day. Phones don't get answered until 11:00.

Fairly typical of the comms team.
    Email Sharron at Valley Gold & she will arrange access for you.
    I did that yesterday and she replied this morning that she would check it out.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Casey at the moment is a difficult player to describe conventionally.
    I was thinking will he be a bit like Tony Cottee? Not a battering ram, no special pace, few tricks, not much of a feature in the air, but a prolific goalscorer.
    Maybe my comparison is way off, but Casey is a player aware of the back of the net.
    He's only just come up from the under 18s. He was up against 2 big centre halves and struggled a bit. Dropped a bit further back and scored an absolute screamer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done the young guns. Cracking result to beat a good Ipswich team 5-0.
  • Options
    What has happened to Ryan Huke?
  • Options
    Another really good interview, this time with Harris O'Connor who was released in the Summer - Shame how it appeared to work out for him, as was more impressed with him in that EFL Trophy game than I was Ness to be fair.

Harris O’Connor: “I thought I’d made it, and that’s my downfall”

Another really good article.
  • Options
    For any Charlton fans living in the midlands this Sunday 12th November
    the U 21s are away to Wolves in the U21 Prem Cup to be played at Kidderminster Harriers ground with 3 pm kick off.  Any support would be most welcome.
  • Options
    Supporters can watch all the action from Kidderminster live on Sunday, as the match is streamed online via wolves.co.uk, the Wolves App and the Wolves YouTube channel.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Supporters can watch all the action from Kidderminster live on Sunday, as the match is streamed online via wolves.co.uk, the Wolves App and the Wolves YouTube channel.
    Looking to watch this, so thanks for the heads up, Crusty54.

I have the stream screen up with the blue circle circling(!) but can't locate any information to ascertain if it's free or a subsctiption is required.

Anyone else seeking to watch this, please ?
  • Options
    Looking to watch this, so thanks for the heads up, Crusty54.

I have the stream screen up with the blue circle circling(!) but can't locate any information to ascertain if it's free or a subsctiption is required.

Anyone else seeking to watch this, please ?
    It's free on Wolves TV YouTube.

Does anyone have the teams?

• Options
    This is live on youtube right now, no cost or registering or faff.
    You can scroll back to the start if you arrive late, see the line ups and such.
  • Options
    At 30 minutes an injury and drinks break with the score at 0-0.
    We have had the most chances so far.

• Options
    1-0
    Well worked goal by Bower.