Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Loads have been tried out, I wonder what is on the horizon for Jason Adigun who has been consistently good whenever I’ve seen him play. At the very least on a par with Karoy Anderson.

I saw him for the U18s 3 years ago and he stood out , am surprised he's yet to make his first team debut when most of the side from that year have. 
  • Options
    At the moment I would say the only one on the field who would be challenging for a first team place is Taylor.
  • Options
    39' Adigan misses a very good chance.

Need to take our chances  before Taylor and Fiorini go off.
  • Options
    45' Rylah shot well saved.

Corner headed out, 2nd corner out for our throw
  • Options
    edited January 30
    From what I've seen, it looks a very one sided match, but our finishing isn't great, with the trees behind the goal taking a pummelling.
  • Options
    Also, neither Campbell nor Rylah are hood enough to be first team starters. As they are the only wingers on the books we are stuck with 352 or a diamond shape for the foreseeable (but we don't have a good enogh 10 for either).
  • Options
    edited January 30
    48'

TC does really well to drive into the box but shoots just wide.

Taylor and Fiorini still on but Elerewe and Chin subbed of for Bakin and A N Other at HT

Still 1 - 0

• Options
    Cameraman’s zoom must be broken. Surely. 
  • Options
    From what I've seen, it looks a very one sided match, but our finishing isn't great, with the trees behind the goal taking a pummelling.
    We need trees at the other end as well
  • Options
    Williams looks quite good. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So does Gough
  • Options
    Frustrating visuals.
  • Options
    It has been all Charlton. Now has 1-1 all over it.
  • Options
    Good to see Euan Williams back after a bit of an injury nightmare. Still think there's potential there with him 
  • Options
    1-0 FT Really good all round performance, bar the finishing. Taylor looked good. Young lads very promising, but nowhere near the first team.

• Options
    Southbank said:
    1-0 FT Really good all round performance, bar the finishing. Taylor looked good. Young lads very promising, but nowhere near the first team.

Can't be very promising then!
  • Options
    Good to see Terry Taylor got a full 90mins in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good to see Terry Taylor got a full 90mins in
    Going to be like a new signing when he comes back. 
  • Options
    Under21's kept a clean sheet with a 1-0 win against Swansea and our new signing Terry Taylor plays well in midfield and gets 90+ minutes in.
    Good day at the office.
  • Options
    Just been on the Charlton website and they have the u21`s playing Wolves kick off 7pm at Princes road
    and then playing Welling at 7 45 pm on the same night of the 05/02.
    Which of these is wright or are neither wright.
  • Options
    Welling is on Wednesday night, 7th.

Don't know about Wolves or who Wright is 😉
  • Options
    It's taken them ages to get round to adding the Welling game to the site. Welling's website has had the game on there for ages; it's definitely on Wednesday the 7th.

The Wolves game is our last group game in the Premier League Cup, which we're already out of, while Welling is the London Senior Cup. I assume we're going to prioritise one and play a lot of under-18s in the other, but I've no idea which.
  • Options
    Interesting news about Adigun
  • Options
    Good luck to Adigun.  Hope he gets lots of game time and comes back having pushed on.  Like the look of him. Hope he signs a contract.
  • Options
    Charlton's U21s round off their Premier League Cup campaign against Wolves at Princes Park on Monday night (KO 7pm GMT).

Supporters can attend Monday's fixture at Princes Park with admission priced at £5 for adults and £3 for concessions, while 2023/24 men's season-ticket holders and Valley Gold members go free.

Fans can watch also watch all of the action live on CharltonTV as part of their monthly or annual subscription, or you can purchase a one-off match pass for £4 by clicking here.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/u21-cup-preview-charlton-v-wolves

• Options
    Dartford are playing QPR in the London Senior Cup tomorrow, so it's not just us who enter an academy team into that competition.