Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    Millwall entering the London Senior Cup next season I'm told.

This is QPRs first season in recent years.
  • Options
      Here’s how our U21s line up against Wolverhampton Wanderers U21s in this evening’s Premier League Cup tie: Adegoke; Chin, Toure, Bakrin, Bower; Gough (c), Williams, Huke; Rylah, Mbick, Ladapo Subs: Batt, Dench, Hand, Santos, Casey
  • Options
    Very young side suggests a stronger side v Welling on Wednesday for what is undoubtedly the biggest game this month 
  • Options
      Here’s how our U21s line up against Wolverhampton Wanderers U21s in this evening’s Premier League Cup tie: Adegoke; Chin, Toure, Bakrin, Bower; Gough (c), Williams, Huke; Rylah, Mbick, Ladapo Subs: Batt, Dench, Hand, Santos, Casey
    Is that the young Ladapo or is it the loanee allowed to play to get some pitch time?
  • Options
    Tolu not Fred
  • Options
    Interesting if Nathan Jones is there.
  • Options
    I'm surprised Chin is still around. 21 now, so a year older than Elerewe, and despite our weaknesses at full/wing back has been nowhere near the first team.
  • Options
    edited February 5
  • Options
    I'm surprised Chin is still around. 21 now, so a year older than Elerewe, and despite our weaknesses at full/wing back has been nowhere near the first team.
     To be fair his progress was hindered by injuries, it's not entirely uncommon that a player that an academy believes has potential gets a break for want of another word after such set backs.
  • Options
    HALF-TIME | Charlton Athletic U21s 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers U21s 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like the look of the keeper Adegoke. Having a good game so far.
  • Options
    This just reminded me I need to renew my streaming pass. Missed the first half so 2nd half only it is.
  • Options
    I think Chin is a good player and will make it 
  • Options
    He played in the EFL Cup match at The Valley last season when we beat B&HA.

And had a good game. 
  • Options
    Wolves take the lead. 1-0 to them.
  • Options
    2-0 to Wolves. Bad mistake.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    2-0 to Wolves. Bad mistake.
    Passing out from the back. 
  • Options
    Lost 2-0.
  • Options
    edited February 5
    I was a little surprised the option on his contract was picked up for this season, but I think it was to provide general young player depth, similar to how we picked up Jeremy Santos and Bakrin. 

It's one where if they really develop and break through, great, we've all of a sudden either got a first team player or one we can "sell" to a club below us. If that doesn't happen, the investment will be very small and they can probably be loaned to non-league sides (more than once if required).

I don't think he'll be here next season, though I wouldn't be shocked if he's back in League football in a couple of years, albeit not as a FB.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He played in the EFL Cup match at The Valley last season when we beat B&HA.

And had a good game. 
    This season though, he's played 0 minutes in the league, 45 minutes in the EFL Cup and 14 minutes in the EFL Trophy where we went off injured. 

He had the 6 matches for Dartford where he looked decent, but then he's better than NLS.
  • Options
    Feel a bit sorry for Casey who just scores all the time he plays but seems to have dropped to U21s sub behind M'Bick.
  • Options
    Feel a bit sorry for Casey who just scores all the time he plays but seems to have dropped to U21s sub behind M'Bick.
    I think he'll be playing in the LSC match at Welling on Weds evening so was one of those players held back tonight. 
  • Options
    I think he'll be playing in the LSC match at Welling on Weds evening so was one of those players held back tonight. 

Good point. 👍
  • Options
    I think with young players you are waiting for a breakthrough. One of the issues is, it is harder for them to do so in a struggling side or one where too much is asked of them initially.
  • Options
    I think Chin is a good player and will make it 

If Richard Chin becomes a National League premier player he would've made it in my book especially if a full time Contract is signed.

My son was at Dartford a couple of weeks ago with a Kinetic academy side and a Dartford director was Praising Richard Chin and saying how good he was and wished all their loan players were of that quality.

Deji, who I thought would make it at Cafc has gone to Bromley who will be in the play offs in the National League Premier, possibly from a semi final place this season if finish 2nd or 3rd. Possibly Chin if playing regularly in a National league South team  could then play at a higher level.

Football is very cut throat and a strong mentality is needed at all times to recover from rejection.
  • Options
    If you have a strong team you can blood a couple of youngsters and the players around them help them intigrate. Of course some will still make it and others not but the environment is there to facilitate it. 
  • Options
    Sadly I don’t think the previously eye catching Jeremy Santos will make it as a first team player with us.
    Shockingly I also have some doubts about Henry Rylah. I want to be wrong about him.
    I should heed my own advice and not rush to judgement, but I thought Gough played well last night.
  • Options
    Rylah, Anderson, Asiimwe, Chin and Campbell all got games because we are awful. Good luck to them but they won't be playing first team football next year for us nor will AMB.