Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

1318319320321322324»

Comments

• There greater experience is telling now. They have a number of players who have first teM e perience some where and youth international experience.
    That is what prem money can buy you.
  • Sounds silly but 11v11 we would have likely won this.
  • Safa on for Rylah
  • Our keeper showing his inexperience, sorry but he should have saved at least two of their shots. 
  • Final score Charlton Athletic 1 Brentford  6
  • edited October 1
    seth plum said:
    Sounds silly but 11v11 we would have likely won this.
    Did anyone stand out for us, as much as they can in a game with 10 men vs some relatively experienced Brentford players?
  • Disappointing score line but before people call for the closure of the academy or say " as bad as the first team" it is a development league and maybe they will learn a lot more from this than from some of the easy wins they have had this season.

How far off the first team are Dixon and M'Bick @Swisdom and how did Josh Laq look?
  • edited October 1
    CAFC have won by tennis scores in their 18's and 21's over the past few seasons including Liverpool, so of course they should lose the odd set especially against sides with 1st team experience in the Prem or Championship.
  • Give down to 10men for most of the game and playing quality opponents they acquited them selves well. Our stand out player was Rylah.
    Dixon a long way off first team so is M' Bick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Where is our new goalkeeper Read?  I think is his name
  • ross1 said:
    Where is our new goalkeeper Read?  I think is his name
    I would assume in Bristol as the 3rd keeper for warm ups/cover if one goes down in the warm up
  • Sitting with 2 friends at the game. We all though Kedwell had an awful match. A big disappointment after playing so well in the recent game at The Valley. It really was men against boys today. Brentford bullied and outplayed us all over the pitch.
  • I think Kedwell got an early knock, and was carrying it through the game and it got worse towards the end. I assume the thinking was that with only 10 men his presence was needed.
  • seth plum said:
    I think Kedwell got an early knock, and was carrying it through the game and it got worse towards the end. I assume the thinking was that with only 10 men his presence was needed.
    yes in the last 10mins of the game he stopped a few times as he looked in pain.
  • edited October 5
    Cardiff’s stream is ready to go, and they remain on YouTube so you can watch them back. https://www.youtube.com/live/wdkjwR8jkgo?si=VxxjNfymyx3GCj7j
  • Here’s how our U21s line-up in this afternoon’s PDL2 fixture against Cardiff City: MacLorg; Toure, Hunter, Bower; Rylah, Fullah, Kedwell (c), Huke, Enslin; Mbick, Casey Subs: Woodham, Hobden, Cann, Safa, Sol-Loza

No dixon
  • Sponsored links:

• Here’s how our U21s line-up in this afternoon’s PDL2 fixture against Cardiff City: MacLorg; Toure, Hunter, Bower; Rylah, Fullah, Kedwell (c), Huke, Enslin; Mbick, Casey Subs: Woodham, Hobden, Cann, Safa, Sol-Loza

No dixon
    No Mwamba either, banned after his red card I assume. It'll be interesting to see if Dixon is on the first team bench, or at least part of the match day squad.

Sol-Loza is regularly making the bench, seems he's the stand out from the new u18s so far.
  • 0-0 after 34 mins, Cardiff have hit the bar twice.
  • edited October 5
    Mbick put a great chance over the bar, commentators said he missed a good one earlier too.
  • edited October 5
    Fullah won the ball in the centre circle, move went out to Mbick on the left, he drove into the box and Huke put over the bar with his left foot. Half time 0-0.
  • Late 2nd for Cardiff, finished 2-0 to them.