Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

U23s have fallen apart!

Hardly; the team would have been stronger but for the game tonight at Stevenage
  • Dazzler21 said:

U23s have fallen apart!

1 win in 9 games compared to last season cant blame to Stevenage game for that.

@Dazzler21 is right they have fallen apart.

Maybe its because a number of players have been incorperated into the 1st team
  • Dazzler21 said:

U23s have fallen apart!

It's a DEVELOPMENT team.

It's developing players so well that they are in the first team so it's a success.

God, some people will slag off even the most successful parts of the club
  • Dazzler21 said:

U23s have fallen apart!

It's a DEVELOPMENT team.

It's developing players so well that they are in the first team so it's a success.

I am not slagging them off and I have alwayd said how amazing it is how many players we bring through and have been to a number of under 23 games to support them.

I just made the comment that 1 win in 9 games is not as good as last season, which it clearly isnt
  • Dazzler21 said:

U23s have fallen apart!

It's a DEVELOPMENT team.

I am not slagging them off and I have alwayd said how amazing it is how many players we bring through and have been to a number of under 23 games to support them.

I just made the comment that 1 win in 9 games is not as good as last season, which it clearly isnt
    No, you and Dazzler said they'd "fallen apart"
  • Dazzler21 said:

U23s have fallen apart!

It's a DEVELOPMENT team.

Yes they have.

A team that last year finished 2nd have started this season with 1 win in 9.
  • Dazzler21 said:

U23s have fallen apart!

Fair point but they do seem to be struggling this season.

Bloody typical that we're spanking Stevenage... They're the team we end up turning over.
  • edited October 2018

Dazzler21 said:

U23s have fallen apart!

It's a DEVELOPMENT team.

They have fallen apart compared to last season.

However even I can admit when I'm wrong and I have to say I didn't really think too much about the fact that we seem to have pushed loads more players into our senior squad than I perhaps realised.

Does feel like they could be doing better though. As Paulie says 1 in 9 is to any other team, Falling Apart.

Note how we both say Team and not Squad. Which I did omit from my initial post.
  • Dazzler21 said:

U23s have fallen apart!

It's a DEVELOPMENT team.

Yes they have.

Make your mind up

See that Stevenson. Would have played last night.

Yeah, falling apart.
  • edited October 2018
    One player does not make a team. But you're right, that young lad looks like a very good product of the development team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

U23s have fallen apart!

It's a DEVELOPMENT team.

Yes they have.

Make your mind up

Yeah, falling apart.
    What are you no understanding @Dazzler21 has tried explaining it to you but you obviously have you cardy over your ears.

If man city started next season with 1 win in 9 everyone would say they are falling apart.

We came 2nd last year
    This year we have won 1 in 9.

• Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

U23s have fallen apart!

It's a DEVELOPMENT team.

However even I can admit when I'm wrong and I have to say I didn't really think too much about the fact that we seem to have pushed loads more players into our senior squad than I perhaps realised.

Does feel like they could be doing better though. As Paulie says 1 in 9 is to any other team, Falling Apart.

So not falling apart
  • Dazzler21 said:

U23s have fallen apart!

It's a DEVELOPMENT team.

Yes they have.

Make your mind up

Yeah, falling apart.
    What are you no understanding @Dazzler21 has tried explaining it to you but you obviously have you cardy over your ears.

If man city started next season with 1 win in 9 everyone would say they are falling apart.

We came 2nd last year

Why can't you read what Dazzler said?

Comparing Man City's first team to a league one Development squad makes no sense.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

U23s have fallen apart!

It's a DEVELOPMENT team.

So not falling apart
    Arguably in terms of results in their league the U23's have fallen apart.

or maybe it would have been more accurate to say they've been picked apart by the forst team manager.

Either way... 8-0!

• Dazzler21 said:

U23s have fallen apart!

It's a DEVELOPMENT team.

Yes they have.

You do like to spout a lot of nonsense.....they are are all, bar about three players first year pros or U18’s. It’s a virtuallly new set up for this age group. As Henry said it’s a development side. The side has to also pander to whatever the first team do, that coupled with other match commitments that seem to effect their games more than most adds to the challenge when such a young side.
  • edited October 2018

Dazzler21 said:

U23s have fallen apart!

It's a DEVELOPMENT team.

Yes they have.

Make your mind up

Yeah, falling apart.

We came 2nd last year

Why can't you read what Dazzler said?

Comparing Man City's first team to a league one Development squad makes no sense.
    Yeah... This.
  • Dazzler21 said:

U23s have fallen apart!

It's a DEVELOPMENT team.

Yes they have.

You do like to spout a lot of nonsense.....they are are all, bar about three players first year pros or U18’s. It’s a virtuallly new set up for this age group. As Henry said it’s a development side. The side has to also pander to whatever the first team do, that coupled with other match commitments that seem to effect their games more than most adds to the challenge when such a young side.
    Agree but this is also an early opportunity for these kids.

It will be tough and they will lose games but I hope it means they have can develop faster.

It's not ideal but players like Lapslie, Morgan and tonight Toby have shown the system is working. It can't and shouldn't be judged on nine games.
  • Agreed but we can't really claim Stevenson as one of our own. Good player though
  • Agreed but we can't really claim Stevenson as one of our own. Good player though

Signed from Orient in May 17 if I recall correctly

Not at all but would have played last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Agreed but we can't really claim Stevenson as one of our own. Good player though

May 18. Let go by Orient as they don't have an U23 team and he wasn't ready for the National League
  • Dazzler21 said:

Agreed but we can't really claim Stevenson as one of our own. Good player though

I think he started at Millwall.
  • To be honest I dont overly care about the results for our U23s or U18s... Its a good confidence booster for them but a defeat isnt the end of the world ... As said on another thread; this season we've had George Lapslie | Albie Morgan | Toby Stevenson all having good games for the First Team which has to take priority

Only time it'll ever start to fail for me is when we cant produce someone for the first team

i.e. Chelsea's Youth Squads - Now they're failing!!

I know what you mean, but I would say Jason Euell wants to win every game and rightly so, otherwise the 23 league is pointless for learning.
    My concern right now is the owner is continuing to devalue importance of the prep work for the likes of George Lapslie progressing to to the first team. I get the impression he thinks it normal academy players just rock up and become first team players. The breakfasts, transport and general cost compromises tell me he is quite happy to cut more and more on them as it does not effect his opportunity to sell on.
    Sorry probably stating the obvious here, but the travel thing this week is a perfect example of how poorly he is treating these lads. They are first year pros hoping to make at career at Charlton or elsewhere and he is completely devoid of what it takes.
    He doesn't really care, he thought the club would be sold by now and presumably still thinks it will be sold within 12 months.
  • The 'falling apart' bit...as Henry said, it's a Development Squad, with many of last season's successful lot now playing or regular bench for first team. My matchday mates have relied on me, as a regular U-23-watcher, for insight on youngsters coming through, but the emergence of Dijksteel, Lapslie, Morgan, etc has meant that U-18s have become U-23s, and are playing catch-up a bit.
  • Dazzler21 said:

U23s have fallen apart!

It's a DEVELOPMENT team.

Yes they have.

Make your mind up

Yeah, falling apart.

We came 2nd last year

How many games have we won?
  • Dazzler21 said:

U23s have fallen apart!

It's a DEVELOPMENT team.

Yes they have.

Make your mind up

Yeah, falling apart.

We came 2nd last year

How many games have we won?
    One in nine : - )

The Sunderland game was in the cup and against a Cat A side, I believe.

In the league the U23s were unbeaten in the first four game 3 draws and 1 win. Since that reasonable start we've list 3 and drawn 1.

Not up to previous very high standards if judging purely on results but as repeatedly explained it's a development side.

It is missing Morgan, Lapslie, Stevenson, Bowry, Reeco, Dijksteel and Umerah. Mascoll has just come back from injury too. The gaps are being filled by U18s.
  • edited October 2018
    Aribo, Grant, Maloney and Phillips also eligible for U23s. With that forward who's been out 18 months and name eludes me.
  • edited October 2018

Aribo, Grant, Maloney and Phillips also eligible for U23s. With that forward who's been out 18 months and name eludes me.

Mikhail Kennedy??