Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• 6-2 now. What a performance.
  • A modest sixth.
  • Get in lads... Feared the worst when they got it back to 3-2!!

Lovely to see this for Jason Euell as he's had some torrid results this season

Especially as we're so used to dominating this League
  • Leuth said:

5-2 Lovely goal from Aoachria(?) ANOTHER assist from Vetokele as he plays him through, the Algerian showed great pace and chips the ball for a finish. That was class.

I'd be up for a Parker/Aouachria front-line this weekend.
    Why not a Parker / Vetokele partnership up front

Especially as Igor is lasting a lot longer than the 45mins he's managed since the U23s game last week
    I want Aouachria! Haha

It's nice to pretend we suddenly have loads of first-team-ready strikers
  • edited February 2019
    Leuth said:

Leuth said:

5-2 Lovely goal from Aoachria(?) ANOTHER assist from Vetokele as he plays him through, the Algerian showed great pace and chips the ball for a finish. That was class.

I'd be up for a Parker/Aouachria front-line this weekend.
    Why not a Parker / Vetokele partnership up front

Especially as Igor is lasting a lot longer than the 45mins he's managed since the U23s game last week
    I want Aouachria! Haha

It's nice to pretend we suddenly have loads of first-team-ready strikers
    He's a Midfielder isnt he?

Although saying that sod it, put him in, we need a midfielder who can score too
  • Get Igor off, and wrap him in cotton wool for Saturday

Aouachria has certainly made a good start! Only a short term deal, he looks like someone we'd want to tie down

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c3f2ebfee5e3/wassim-aouachria-joins-academy
  • Igor looks sharp.
  • Sponsored links:

• We must now start against Southend with two up front.
    Reeco up top on his own just isn't fair on him.
  • Who is number 4 - seems to be running the show...?
  • Second half we look very dominant.
    What as nice little treat this is on a grey day!
  • We must now start against Southend with two up front.

I actually think Reeco would do alright in a 2 striker partnership.

Bowyer must’ve killed his confidence against Fleetwood.
  • cafc-west said:

Who is number 4 - seems to be running the show...?

Maloney

The first time I saw Maloney in a u23 game I thought there was talent there.
    Unfortunately when he was thrown into the first team for a game or two he didn't look ready. He Could still make it.

• cafc-west said:

Who is number 4 - seems to be running the show...?

Maloney

The first time I saw Maloney in a u23 game I thought there was talent there.
    Unfortunately when he was thrown into the first team for a game or two he didn't look ready. He Could still make it.
    Am disappointed we didnt loan him out to League Two or the Conference (I presume we can still do this?)

Think the lad would benefit from a run of games in competitive games
  • He certainly has a passing range, but he plays in a position we have amply covered, and he's also not the best out of possession
  • Curiously no Terrique Anderson or Brendan Sarpong=Wiredu yet Scott & Birch I've never heard of. Good to hear Igor getting back to speed quickly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Get Aouachria signed up now!!
  • Curiously no Terrique Anderson or Brendan Sarpong=Wiredu yet Scott & Birch I've never heard of. Good to hear Igor getting back to speed quickly.

Didn't they go out on loan?
  • Promotion back on then come on Igor. Roland can’t stop bowyers promotion charge no matter how hard he tries.huh
  • Did Igor play the whole 90 mins.
  • edited February 2019
    Laddick01 said:

We must now start against Southend with two up front.

I actually think Reeco would do alright in a 2 striker partnership.

Bowyer must’ve killed his confidence against Fleetwood.
    Just before he got subbed on Saturday Bowyer had bellowed 'hold the effing ball up Reeco!' and he didn't last much longer on the pitch after that.
  • Thought QPR comms people did a great job (apart from once or twice when they seemed to stand in front of the camera). Instant replays of goals and at the end (if you didn't close instantly) they replayed all of the goals. Shame they can't all do this.
  • I see that the highlights of the game are up on their website. Does anyone know if this could be posted on here?