Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rugby 7's Olympic Egg Chasers

Just watched GB beat Argentina in Golden Goal...

Nervy and exciting as hell!

How is 7's not televised more often?

Comments

• Think the 7s tour is on ITV
  • edited August 2016

Think the 7s tour is on ITV

Nice, I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Far better than standard, much faster and more entertaining.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Just watched England beat Argentina in Golden Goal...

Team GB
  • Sky televises the World 7s, very watchable.
  • Think it's USA have an ex sprinter who can do the 100m in sub 10.
  • Chizz said:

Dazzler21 said:

Just watched England beat Argentina in Golden Goal...

Team GB
    Doh a very good point!
  • England if we win Gold.
  • Is drop kicking harder than a kick from a tee?
  • Think it's USA have an ex sprinter who can do the 100m in sub 10.

they have got an ex sprinter but he was some way off of sub 10. probably why he switched to rugby where he's going to be the quickest one out there
  • edited August 2016
    Carling Isles has a 10.24 100m

Not bad!

At the same height and weight and age my Pb was 13.27 seconds.

I'm currently at about 14 seconds... Though I'm 18 months older
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Is drop kicking harder than a kick from a tee?

Much.
    You are dropping an oval ball onto an uneven surface with unpredicatable bounce.
    Timing is much more crucial.

They make it look easy!
  • Dazzler21 said:

No. But drop kicking while being closed down at high speed is very difficult.
  • Went to Ibrox for Commonwealth games 7's with my boy. Very entertaining day out.
  • Chizz said:

Dazzler21 said:

Yeah but they do that in normal ruggers, i was referring to the conversion kick.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Without a doubt
  • Dazzler21 said:

Yes very much so. Have you Sen the success rate on drop goals against the success rate off the tee?

Positions that would be easy lining up from a fixed position are very hard from the hand.

Line the ball up off the tee and the best kickers in the world can score reliably from close on 50 yards and from out quite wide on both sides.

Scoring from a drop goal is OK the closer and more central you are but its still harder and the further out and wider you are, the difficulty to get right through the ball in the right direction increases massively.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Chizz said:

Dazzler21 said:

Yeah but they do that in normal ruggers, i was referring to the conversion kick.
    You should never miss if it's straight in front. But, from wide, a drop kick is much harder than a placed-kick.
  • Team GBR have a player in that of Dan Norton, who can run the first 20m of the 100m faster than Usain Bolt (2.7s), and I believe he can clock 10s or a shade faster (but they try to keep that under wraps), his starting speed is hard to believe, like a motor.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Yes very much so. Have you Sen the success rate on drop goals against the success rate off the tee?

Positions that would be easy lining up from a fixed position are very hard from the hand.

Line the ball up off the tee and the best kickers in the world can score reliably from close on 50 yards and from out quite wide on both sides.

Scoring from a drop goal is OK the closer and more central you are but its still harder and the further out and wider you are, the difficulty to get right through the ball in the right direction increases massively.
    In football terms, it's like taking a penalty as opposed to hitting a volley
  • Semi-Final v S.Africa at 7pm today
  • Sponsored links:

• Some of my most memorable (or lack of later) weekends have been spent at the Hong Kong Sevens. If anyone ever got a chance to go.. do. It is absolutely mental.
  • I didn't watch much of the rugby mind.