Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tips for a new fan.

2»

Comments

• Options
    BDL said:

Well, it's my first time as a fan at the Valley since 1985 having worked at every game since we returned from exile (bar 4 friendlies!).

Are there any tips for me? Fill your boots!

Yeah, change allegiance.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Bring plenty of cash - the food and drink inside the ground is fantastic.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Get in a good seat early so you can win the pie cam.

Bring your ABC so you can get in.

Go to the Lib

Ignore the tannoy man, everyone else does.

Don't sit near @addickted, you know why.

Make some noise and get behind the boys

Seeing as I'm sitting by a pool with crystal clear skies, temperature of 34 degrees and a cold beer in my hand listening to TMS on the iPad, why wouldn't he?

@BDL have you thought about some corporate hostility for the day?

• Options
    Addickted said:

Go to the Lib

Seeing as I'm sitting by a pool with crystal clear skies, temperature of 34 degrees and a cold beer in my hand listening to TMS on the iPad, why wouldn't he?

Because you is trouble!
  • Options
    Tip
    If you are indeed, sticking your contract up your arse, it helps to lubricate.
    # justsayin
  • Options
    BDL said:

Addickted said:

Go to the Lib

Because you is trouble!
    I'd get you well pissed within three hours though.

• Options
    Decide what you think of each new signing based on the first few times they get the ball.

For example:

A defender plays his way out of trouble - he's class

A striker uses his pace and strength to power his way through and scores/creates a chance - he's [division above current level] quality

Player takes a poor touch - he's pony

GK comes for a cross and misses it - [rant about flapping]
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Put your hands in your pocket and ignore any tannoys when they ask you to wave for a meat pie.
  • Options
    The idea of someone chanting "You're not fit to hold the mic" makes me smile something fierce.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Wedge yourself in one of the turnstiles when you enter the ground, causing massive tailbacks to Charlton Church Lane. When the Fire Brigade show up to free you using giant cutting equipment, to save face, insist it was your way of protesting by stopping other fans entering the ground and then start singing any Carpenters song of your choosing at the top of your voice.

Once you are released from prison, make your way to the Lib to share your story before starting a fight with the smallest bloke in there.

Once you are released from prison, make your way back down to The Valley (which will now be empty) and graffiti 'I want my job back you c****' on the North Stand wall before walking to the nearest red telephone box, ringing Katie and whispering 'Pinocchio' before placing the receiver down and running away.

Enjoy your day.