Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do the club's staff have literacy issues?

We've seen it recently nationally with the letter to the supporter. Now it appears again on the club website. The Ajose article saying "We showed our metal". I'm sure that should be 'mettle'!

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2016
    What a weird subject to bring up
  • Options
    Is metal the same as wood, maybe?
  • Options
    I wonder if they know the difference between; their, there and they're ?
  • Options
    This is hardly unique to Charlton. I often see such gems as 'a mute point', 'to all intensive purposes' etc.
  • Options
    I don't think it's necessarily a new problem in some cases however....!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

know I think they just made a mistake.

• Options
    Fiiish said:

Rizzo said:

This is hardly unique to Charlton. I often see such gems as 'a mute point', 'to all intensive purposes' etc.

Plenty of posters on here seem to think it is 'should of', 'would of', 'could of'.
    Shoulda woulda coulda
  • Options
    The abuse of the Oxford Comma is absolutely appalling!
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Mute point I've seen before but intensive purposes is a new one for me. It could, of course, make some kind of sense in some circumstances but probably not where it's being used.

What I do know is that some of the club staff suffer from Pedem in ore morbo.
  • Options
    People need to get out more.
  • Options
    By in large it isn't that big a deal.
  • Options

Rizzo said:

Mute point I've seen before but intensive purposes is a new one for me. It could, of course, make some kind of sense in some circumstances but probably not where it's being used.

What I do know is that some of the club staff suffer from Pedem in ore morbo.
    Ego conveniunt.
  • Options

I don't think it's necessarily a new problem in some cases however....!

Yeah, some of those PAs from the old days......

; - )
  • Options
    Who care's about there mistake's
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the article is correct, they have got a contract with a scrap metal merchant
  • Options
    Their website and twitter feed are always littered with mistakes and out of date information.

It's what I'd expect from a poorly managed company who have no pride in anything they do.

That's not a dig at the individuals that maintain them. They are more than likely overstretched and underpaid and I very much doubt they have had any training or have the relevant experience to do that job.

If the club bothered to invest in their careers I'm sure we'd see an improvement.
  • Options
    Certainly must've been a steely display to come away with three points from Walsall.
  • Options
    Does Colin1961 work for the club now?
  • Options
    I went on the site on Saturday morning to see how much it would be to pay at Walsall.

After three minutes of going round in circles and nothing about the game whatsoever, I gave up.
  • Options
    When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. A lot of the experienced staff have either been sacked or left and replaced with cheap, inexperienced youngsters.

I have nothing against youngsters learning a trade but until they gain some experience mistakes will be made.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Rizzo said:

Plenty of posters on here seem to think it is 'should of', 'would of', 'could of'.
    His right you know.
  • Options
    boggzy said:

I went on the site on Saturday morning to see how much it would be to pay at Walsall.

After three minutes of going round in circles and nothing about the game whatsoever, I gave up.

Yet within 10 seconds I found this "Tickets are priced at £20 adults and £15 over 60s and under 18s, though these will be subject to a £2 increase on the day of the game."
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-match-preview-walsall-bankss-stadium-3259301.aspx#DDeiHLwHPWLe7uxV.99
  • Options
    Look, let's get this straight. As Katrien told readers of L'Echo, you just can't get the staff in SE7. All the good ones want to work in the City.