Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs for a family meal

Hi all. Wonder if anyone can suggest a nice pub within 20 30 mins of Eltham, nice kids play area and nice food. For a large family meal. We tried the fighting cocks Horton kirby but alk booked up. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    The Castle at Eynsford. Their Sunday roast dinners are legendary. Better than the food in the Plough.
  • Options
    The George at Trottsicliffe would be a good shout. The outside area for the kids is large including their own bouncy castle. It does get busy though.
  • Options

The George at Trottsicliffe would be a good shout. The outside area for the kids is large including their own bouncy castle. It does get busy though.

This, its just down the road from me, and very popular, also large portions of grub as well.
  • Options
    The Moat at Wrotham, good food, lovely garden with kids assault course
  • Options
    http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/23/23671/Greyhound/Keston.

It's Keston, so not cheap & haven't been for a year or so. It get's busy & there's eating in & outside, a garden with kids play area & was a climbing frame.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone
  • Options
    Elm Tree in Elmers End does one of the best roast dinners I have had... Reasonable too and done out nicely.
  • Options
    Jolly Fenman in Blackfen will cordon off an area for you if you call them. They have a nice big garden (bouncy castle in the summer) as well as an indoor kids area. Food is decent and cheap and they do a nice selection of beers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Jolly Fenman in Blackfen will cordon off an area for you if you call them. They have a nice big garden (bouncy castle in the summer) as well as an indoor kids area. Food is decent and cheap and they do a nice selection of beers.

Yep, went there with my young niece and my brother. It was very kid friendly and the girl serving us was excellent.

• Options

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/23/23671/Greyhound/Keston.

It's Keston, so not cheap & haven't been for a year or so. It get's busy & there's eating in & outside, a garden with kids play area & was a climbing frame.

Legendary OLAS BOSS this coming weekend at The Greyhound. If you like Ska and Bluebeat give it a visit. Food is sometimes not great, but superb pub, and my local. Landlord Dave is a star.
  • Options

Second this... Also the Malta Inn in Aylesford
  • Options

Malta Inn perfect location unfortunately every Gypo rocks up
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Malta Inn perfect location unfortunately every Gypo rocks up
    well, it is near Maidstone

also that's a bit harsh on Foreveraddickted
  • Options
    The Lion hotel Farningham, big car park but get there early it will be full by 12-45...say's it all really..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Ship (think it's called that) in Wilmington....got a big garden/play area outside with quite a few animals.
  • Options

everyone seems to be raving about the millers in bexley at the moment, maybe try that?

Heard mixed reviews about the food, rumours that some nights they have mutton dressed as lamb.
    i bet a few people have munched on some questionable fish pie from there as well!
  • Options
    Tudor Barn in Eltham does a lovely Sunday roast (if you are going on a sunday) big play area outside. So that's nice and easy for Eltham! Never had a bad meal in there and very nice for a special occasion.

The Dial Arch will accommodate you as well. Kids can play on the cannons outside!

But if its the country side you want then they're no good then some of the above are good suggestions.

• Options

Thanks everyone

We expect a full review :smile:
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Curb_It said:

The Dial Arch will accommodate you as well. Kids can play on the cannons outside and then go for a swim in The Thames.

• Options

everyone seems to be raving about the millers in bexley at the moment, maybe try that?

Heard mixed reviews about the food, rumours that some nights they have mutton dressed as lamb.
    i bet a few people have munched on some questionable fish pie from there as well!
    In this heat it could be a recipe for disaster.
  • Options

The Ship (think it's called that) in Wilmington....got a big garden/play area outside with quite a few animals.

In Puddle Dock Lane - but I heard that they had to get rid of the mini-zoo thing due to our old friend H&S.
    Not sure if it is true though.
  • Options
    White swan. Ash. Decent garden quality food,Large portions usually too
  • Options

White swan. Ash. Decent garden quality food,Large portions usually too

Shouldn't this be on the grab a granny thread
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

The Castle at Eynsford. Their Sunday roast dinners are legendary. Better than the food in the Plough.

The plough is so overrated for food