Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAS Trust coach to Fleetwood available for booking

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hope this initiative is a success
  • Options
    Hope they are planning to use Black and White coaches:-)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Dansk_Red said:

Hope they are planning to use Black and White coaches:-)

What, like this you mean :wink:
  • Options
    I let the train take the strain. But if I ever need the coach, I'd definitely use the trust.

I presume you'll be telling the good folk exiting Valley Express tomorrow, as they are likely candidates.
  • Options

Well done to all involved, it will now either force the club to stop there service or reduce it considerably along with the price, either way the fans are the winners.

Am I missing the point here with this initiative. I would have thought the regime would prefer to have an outlet that organises the away travel at zero cost to the club!
    Has CAST fallen into a trap here?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

Well done to all involved, it will now either force the club to stop there service or reduce it considerably along with the price, either way the fans are the winners.

Am I missing the point here with this initiative. I would have thought the regime would prefer to have an outlet that organises the away travel at zero cost to the club!
    No, I think it shows the club that the fans are capable of controlling their own destiny. It may take time but..
  • Options

Solidgone said:

Away coach travel is profitable for the club and can be very profitable if the team is doing well or gets a big cup tie. It's also complementary to the ticketing operation / Valley Express so there is very little internal cost. Bear in mind that CASC used it to fund a paid member of staff for years (without charging excessive fares) although that is not CAST's plan.

Even run as foolishly as it is being by the club, they will be looking to make £10k a year out of it. You might say that's not much in the grand scheme of things, but looking at some of the staff savings they have made it's clear that kind of sum is meaningful to them. They won't be able to achieve that with a volunteer run parallel service driving down fares to break even, even though there is a small core of people who would stick with them at any price.

That said, the real motivation for doing this is to make sure that it is done sensibly and for the benefit of supporters, rather than the half-arsed nonsense approach of the last 12 months. And because we can.
    We've already booked our coach tickets for Fleetwood. Does that mean there are 2 coaches now.

What about the stewards airman? Have we got Betty or has she gone with you?

I'd be inclined to book with you for Oxford, but like the composition of my regular coach
  • Options

Solidgone said:

Away coach travel is profitable for the club and can be very profitable if the team is doing well or gets a big cup tie. It's also complementary to the ticketing operation / Valley Express so there is very little internal cost. Bear in mind that CASC used it to fund a paid member of staff for years (without charging excessive fares) although that is not CAST's plan.

Even run as foolishly as it is being by the club, they will be looking to make £10k a year out of it. You might say that's not much in the grand scheme of things, but looking at some of the staff savings they have made it's clear that kind of sum is meaningful to them. They won't be able to achieve that with a volunteer run parallel service driving down fares to break even, even though there is a small core of people who would stick with them at any price.

That said, the real motivation for doing this is to make sure that it is done sensibly and for the benefit of supporters, rather than the half-arsed nonsense approach of the last 12 months. And because we can.
    Final paragraph, in a nutshell.

Stick me down for Milton Keynes on Boxing Day, Clive and me have tried to get Virgin to run a train but they have said no.
  • Options
    Thanks for making the matter clear and let's hope fans will realise the same and make use of this service.........any chance of a the coaches stopping around Kilburn for our Northern fans ;0)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm in all likelihood going to stay with the regular coach. Not because I don't agree with the new one, it's just that the regulars I go with are still going to be going on the club run one. For me it makes up a big part of my away experience etc

Also for some games, do we not risk running 2 half empty coaches rather than one full one? I'm sure this has been thought through but Port Vale away on a Tuesday for example, that's hardly a 2 coach game
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I'm in all likelihood going to stay with the regular coach. Not because I don't agree with the new one, it's just that the regulars I go with are still going to be going on the club run one. For me it makes up a big part of my away experience etc

Also for some games, do we not risk running 2 half empty coaches rather than one full one? I'm sure this has been thought through but Port Vale away on a Tuesday for example, that's hardly a 2 coach game

From small acorns, there is a feeling that the club are not too interested in running away coach travel so why can the fans not do it themselves?
  • Options
    Further to that Cheltenham away was hard actually. They put a proclaimers musical on. I f****** hated it. Jane Horrocks breaking into song at the drop of a hat.

The steward at the time said 'we've got a musical about the proclaimers.'

I thought, I don't like them, but a musical about their lives, I don't have a choice.

He then says 'yeah it's really good, it starts off with the Iraq war and soldiers returning home to Scotland'

At that point i was lost. I thought to myself, I don't remember the proclaimers going off to fight in 2003. At a push they were in the first gulf war back in the early 90's, maybe it's one of those bizarre facts I just missed.

Turns out it wasn't about them. Just a couple of storyline soldiers.

Either way a load of shite. Don't go near it.

And then we lost the game. That was only the 2nd and 3rd days off holiday I've had from work this year. Great memories
  • Options
    @ElfsborgAddick @Airman Brown I don't have an issue with it, a supporters club run coach means you have the supporters best interests at heart. I guess for me it's a bit like why I decided to renew my season ticket. Going to football is as much about who I go with etc as it is going to watch us.

In an ideal world, all of the people that go on my regular coach would go on the new one. Let's hope it works out like that
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    cabbles said:

@ElfsborgAddick @Airman Brown I don't have an issue with it, a supporters club run coach means you have the supporters best interests at heart. I guess for me it's a bit like why I decided to renew my season ticket. Going to football is as much about who I go with etc as it is going to watch us.

In an ideal world, all of the people that go on my regular coach would go on the new one. Let's hope it works out like that

I'm sure Betty etc will stay loyal to the club's service - I'm not so sure the club will show any loyalty to them, based on the way Jean was treated.
  • Options
    Bump for anyone who has missed this so far.

Sadly no Glasgow pickup so we'll be making our own way.
  • Options
    Had a few words with the Trust fellas on the stall said have been having a dig at CARD ,don't really want to book the club coach but if booking the Trust coach I could be seen as hypocritical.
    Was told what we don't need is fans turning against each other so decided to book trust coach for me and ElfsborgAddick.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Had a few words with the Trust fellas on the stall said have been having a dig at CARD ,don't really want to book the club coach but if booking the Trust coach I could be seen as hypocritical.
    Was told what we don't need is fans turning against each other so decided to book trust coach for me and ElfsborgAddick.

My coach leaves from Euston, coach B.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We understand that some people have had difficulties with our on-line booking so we have now made a phone number available.

Details at:

castrust.org/2016/08/phone-bookings-now-available-for-fleetwood-coach/

• Options
    Pico said:

We understand that some people have had difficulties with our on-line booking so we have now made a phone number available.

Details at:

castrust.org/2016/08/phone-bookings-now-available-for-fleetwood-coach/

Is that a premium rate number? ;)