Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shirt Sponsorship for 2016/7

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-sponsor-a-player-201617-3273243.aspx

Those were the days when Charlton Life sponsored 7 or 8 shirts a season.

Note the benefits no longer seem to include a mention on the sponsors page in the programme but do include 4 free match tickets.

"The benefits include -
• Recognition on the big screen
• Recognition on www.cafc.co.uk on our player profile page
• Meet the team at the end-of-season sponsors event
• Photo with your sponsored player
• A signed, match-worn shirt presented by your sponsored player
• Access to the Vista Lounge for you and three guests for a game of your choice this season, including padded seating on the half-way line.
• A Charlton Athletic gift"

Comments

• Options
    The Charlton Athletic gift will be the gnome
  • Options

Commonly known as "Cahones the Gnome"
  • Options
    Is Solly standing on a box in that picture... If not those ladies must be damned short!!
  • Options
    I got a really nice paperweight of The Valley the other year.

I'm in if we do it
  • Options
    we have usually sponsored through CL but not until the Belgians go
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Contract and a sub appearance at left back
    Due to ankle and and knee problems over the last few years, my left peg isn't what it used to be (it used to be almost as good as my right, which is still pretty shit). Do you think they'd let me go right back and move Solly to the left? If so, I'm in.
  • Options
    How much is it to sponsor a shirt ?
  • Options
    Recognition.

The top two goodies are recognition.

£5000 would be cheap at the price for that kind of reward.

Recognition.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a chance
  • Options
    I believe the current regime are asking potential shirt sponsors for money starting at £1000 for training socks and going upwards from there.
    I might be wrong about this.
    Club staff conference attending fees don't grow on trees you know.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    seth plum said:

I believe the current regime are asking potential shirt sponsors for money starting at £1000 for training socks and going upwards from there.

ive never done it but has it always been around that price?
  • Options
    Another example of how way off Katrien was with her "ticket sales are only 1/3 of the income".

Overlooks the fact that much of the commercial and sponsorship income came from fans but many have walked away.

Hence why, I suspect, the page has gone from the programme as that would advertise the gaps.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Another example of how way off Katrien was with her "ticket sales are only 1/3 of the income".

Overlooks the fact that much of the commercial and sponsorship income came from fans but many have walked away.

Hence why, I suspect, the page has gone from the programme as that would advertise the gaps.

Makes sense ...they don't want us to know
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    seth plum said:

Crikey, how many pairs of socks can a player need in a season?

:-)
  • Options

seth plum said:

I first suggested the idea of sponsoring players kit to the club back in Selhurst days. It was taken up the following season so I thought that I should put my money where my mouth was. Not a lot of money you understand as I only have a dainty gob. I sponsored mark stuarts socks for 25 quid from memory. hence he will forever be known effectionately as socks in my household.
    Pretty sure Garth Crooks socks were only a tenner when I done it. You must have sponsored his shorts not his socks ;)
  • Options

seth plum said:

It's 500 + vat for a shirt I think

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    SDAddick said:

sam3110 said:

Due to ankle and and knee problems over the last few years, my left peg isn't what it used to be (it used to be almost as good as my right, which is still pretty shit). Do you think they'd let me go right back and move Solly to the left? If so, I'm in.
    You are Cory Gibbs

Someone pointed out on Twitter (I think) that the pitch side advertisement boards are quite widely spaced. Obviously you would have natural wastage on relegation, but also there's the Miere factor coming into play.
  • Options
    Maybe the Charlton gift is watching a match of your choice from the sofa?
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

SDAddick said:

sam3110 said:

You are Cory Gibbs

Someone pointed out on Twitter (I think) that the pitch side advertisement boards are quite widely spaced. Obviously you would have natural wastage on relegation, but also there's the Miere factor coming into play.
    Well educated American (Gibbs went to Brown, an Ivy League school) who you've never seen and has lots of experience with injuries? Shut up, you don't know me!
  • Options
    I believe there are around 81 shirt/kit sponsorship opportunities for sale, and I briefly counted 15 that have been taken up.

Less than 20%....but on the up side more than 2%.

If the figures here are right at £500 a pop, then it is about £8000 taken in shirt sponsorship so far (without VAT taken into account).

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

seth plum said:

I first suggested the idea of sponsoring players kit to the club back in Selhurst days. It was taken up the following season so I thought that I should put my money where my mouth was. Not a lot of money you understand as I only have a dainty gob. I sponsored mark stuarts socks for 25 quid from memory. hence he will forever be known effectionately as socks in my household.
    Pretty sure Garth Crooks socks were only a tenner when I done it. You must have sponsored his shorts not his socks ;)
    Deffo socks. could easily be wrong about amount. I would need to get up in my lift and hunt through the old programmes.

Nothing else was in offer though, just the glory of getting your name in the programme and being linked with supporting my club so obviously wouldn't consider it now at any price or add-ons. Nope not even if squirrel threw in a BJ.
  • Options
    What about sponsoring a player to wear a protest shirt? ;0)
  • Options
    I like that idea
  • Options
    "Meet the team at the end of season sponsors event"

Sounds as though the dinner may have been downsized to a "take a plate & wander around" type of buffet.....