Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Bolton match thread 27/8/16

Comments

• Options

I'm hoping @ElfsborgAddick will provide updates from Tony and Lionel Blair and Danny Hollands V Beckenham

Nope, because I'll be too engrossed in the game, pictures at full-time.
    I bet you're hoping Lars Elstrup turns up :wink:
    I'm hoping you don't turn up..........
    It's bad enough watching Charlton, no way am I going to watch a couple of pub teams.
    They'll still beat our one.
  • Options

Im not familiar with the team yet this season. What is that formation with who playing where? Thanks in advance.

It'll be 4-4-2 I think, with a back 4 of Solly, Konsa, Pearce and Fox, midfield comprising JJ, Foley, Croft, Holmes and Ajose with the new Big Mac up front.

Im not familiar with the team yet this season. What is that formation with who playing where? Thanks in advance.

It'll be 4-4-2 I think, with a back 4 of Solly, Konsa, Pearce and Fox, midfield comprising JJ, Foley, Croft, Holmes and Ajose with the new Big Mac up front.
    Same as last week.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

SDAddick said:

CafcSteve said:

Rumours circulating that Fox is having a fitness test.

Yeah I saw that on Twitter, could be interesting selections across the back 4 today
    Bringing Bauer into central defense, shifting Konsa to RB (who by all accounts deserves to keep his place in the team), and Solly to LB wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. It would stunt us going forward a bit, but it's not like we normally have wingbacks who bomb forward and get crosses in from the byline.
    Defensively it isn't terrible. Holmes and Solly have looked very good together so far though and would be a shame to break up that partnership against one of the stronger sides.
    Fair point, and I guess we won't have to find out just yet what happens when Morgan isn't available but it sure would be nice if, on Tuesday, we could (*gasp*) rotate both of our fullbacks, especially if Fox was carrying a knock into this game.
  • Options

Thanks RM
  • Options
    Also, why is RoJo on the bench? Putting aside what he's like as a human, as a footballer he's our fourth choice center half at the moment (assuming he's ahead of Lennon). For cover at CB we have both Bauer and Lennon, and should Fox get injured we could either do a straight swap for Lennon or bring Bauer into CB, Konsa right, Solly LB. I know we're starting with three central midfielders (I'm generiously counting Foley as a CM), but surely it'd be worth it to have some cover in central midfield on the bench? Mulldoon isn't brilliant but he at least has legs. And given our midfield options RCC must be close to at least a spot on the bench. Hopefully he's started training with the first team.
  • Options

Same as last week at Walsall.
  • Options
    Got to say,that looks a strong Bolton lineup. Got a bad feeling about today. COYA.
  • Options
    No Zach Clough for Bolton?
  • Options

Injured I think
  • Options
    I hope is is Holmes, Croft, JJ, and Foley on right, rather than JJ, Croft, Foley and Holmes on right. I feel JJ gives us more in the middle than on the left wing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

CHARLTON SUBS | Phillips, Bauer, Johnson, Lennon, Lookman, Botaka, Hanlan

Not much central midfield cover on that bench. 3 central defenders. Good to see Bauer on the bench. When Bauer and Lennon are fit, and Charlton get a central midfielder, can't see there being a place for Johnson.
  • Options

Injured I think
    Yeah due to undergo surgery on his knee (I think it is). Injured himself in their last match, had to come off after a half an hour.
  • Options
    from twitter-:
    20 mins before kick off never seen the Valley so empty
  • Options

from twitter-:
    20 mins before kick off never seen the Valley so empty

Is this a re-tweet from the last home game?
  • Options
    The unofficial prog handed out by CARD today-:
  • Options
    Some fans may be delayed because of the M20 closure
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Injured I think
    "Injured" I think you'll find.
  • Options

15 mins before ko this is behind the upper north-:

Really Really SAD photo that!
    It breaks my heart to think what we had......................once!

Still they say every DOG has their day and I guess Roland & Co are having theirs at the mo!
  • Options
    I think we should all be congratulating our fragrant CEO on her success in reducing queues at the food outlets.
  • Options

Some fans may be delayed because of the M20 closure

Doubtlessly making a bad situation worse.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

SMT meet East Kent Addicks, is the person next to Merie wearing a protest shirt under that Red top?

Yes. Good effort.
  • Options
    I see nobody wants to sit next to her
  • Options
    5 mins before ko-:
  • Options
    Teams on way out
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!