Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Right then - what interest in a red Nike Protest Shirt?

2»

Comments

• Options
    If you really are interested I can get these done by the same manufacturer that did the Fans Protest kit. Feed me some numbers and I will get you a costing and delivery. If its small number it shouldnt take long. Could also replicate the away kit and mix it up if you like. I can turn out a prototype in a week. Ive had 4 leisure shirts made up, but Ive had them printed rather than embroidered and the quality is very good. Im not sure its something people will want to buy but I just did one for myself, @Nug @charltonnick and @AddicksAddict as a thank you for all the hard work on the original project.
  • Options
    Needs Roland Out instead of a sponsor across the front
  • Options
    TEL said:

If you really are interested I can get these done by the same manufacturer that did the Fans Protest kit. Feed me some numbers and I will get you a costing and delivery. If its small number it shouldnt take long. Could also replicate the away kit and mix it up if you like. I can turn out a prototype in a week. Ive had 4 leisure shirts made up, but Ive had them printed rather than embroidered and the quality is very good. Im not sure its something people will want to buy but I just did one for myself, @Nug @charltonnick and @AddicksAddict as a thank you for all the hard work on the original project.

It's clear there is interest for parents in buying a red kid for their children. I would recommend looking into a small run of limited sizes. Potentially send a survey out to protest shirt purchasers and on here.
  • Options
    razil said:

Needs Roland Out instead of a sponsor across the front

Thats something people can easily add in later if they wish Razil. You wont please eveybody, as we found out with the original project, so something like Roland Out could very easily be done locally as an add on.
  • Options
    I got 5 kids and 2 adult protests shirts but as good as they are they're not of the quality of a Nike footy shirt with all that airtex breathable fabric etc
  • Options

I got 5 kids and 2 adult protests shirts but as good as they are they're not of the quality of a Nike footy shirt with all that airtex breathable fabric etc

Got a swatch of around 35 different fabrics here, the protest shirt wasnt meant to look like a Nike shirt. But I could have gotten close with the fabric had we gone down that route. I chose to go the shiny type fabric from the Macron days but a slightly heavier material (that was purely my choice, so you can blame me for that).The leisure shirts I had made up were in a breathable fabric. I'll put up a photo.
  • Options
    Heres the Leisure shirt.

Just for info, the leisure shirt was an early idea we came up with based around the 95/96 West Germany style Charlton Viglen kit. Of course this was the opposite way around in Black not white it was discarded early on in the process as it didnt really look like a footie shirt ....incidentally the mock up I had done in white is really nice too.
  • Options
    ok I can get a printed replica of the Nike shirt with the beachball logo made and sent within 6-10 days for 50-100 shirts any size. See the Leisure shirt re quality....its very good.

If you wanted the shirt embroidered with the Beachball logo it takes longer and they are quoting 10-15 days.
  • Options

Can't see me wearing a red protest shirt to a game.

Can see me buying kids kit that looks like a Charlton kit for my son to where when he's playing.

This.

Any chance shorts and socks can be supplied too?
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Can't see me wearing a red protest shirt to a game.

Can see me buying kids kit that looks like a Charlton kit for my son to where when he's playing.

This.

Any chance shorts and socks can be supplied too?
    I looked into shorts last time...it was a minimum order of 100.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dont mean to be a pain but can't really tell if it's airtex and breathable etc on the leisure shirt
    My wife had a moan up about how sweaty the protest one is
    I would like 5 ( ages 4-6-8-10-12) if same size as protest shirt
    Would prefer beachball embroidered but happy to go with flow
  • Options
    1 x medium please
  • Options

dont mean to be a pain but can't really tell if it's airtex and breathable etc on the leisure shirt
    My wife had a moan up about how sweaty the protest one is
    I would like 5 ( ages 4-6-8-10-12) if same size as protest shirt
    Would prefer beachball embroidered but happy to go with flow

Sorry mate. Again I upped the weight from 150 to 180gsm as I wanted them to have a quality feel. The perforated material on the leisure shirts come in both weights. My supplier will match any material but of course its takes time to get a sample to them and then for them to source the material and then back to us for consideration. Thats all fine and well if we have time on our hands but that#s something I really didn't have when I was sourcing the original shirt.....I lost our supplier believe it or not 2 weeks before production and had to start all over again. To say it was manic was an understatement, but all's well that ends well.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Heres the Leisure shirt.

Just for info, the leisure shirt was an early idea we came up with based around the 95/96 West Germany style Charlton Viglen kit. Of course this was the opposite way around in Black not white it was discarded early on in the process as it didnt really look like a footie shirt ....incidentally the mock up I had done in white is really nice too.

Tel, I think that looks nicer than a football shirt for us older folk. Put me down for a couple if you do decide to do some.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
  • Options

• Options
    I'd buy a white version of the polo shirt.
  • Options

The mock up my supplier did looked good, I went for a black version to keep it in theme....I only had them done for myself and the boys as a thank you, but I could get a batch done if there was interest.
  • Options
    TEL said:

The mock up my supplier did looked good, I went for a black version to keep it in theme....I only had them done for myself and the boys as a thank you, but I could get a batch done if there was interest.
    yes please.
    Tel, if they're cotton black tends to go a bit manky after a few washes so maybe white would be better?
  • Options

TEL said:

yes please.
    Tel, if they're cotton black tends to go a bit manky after a few washes so maybe white would be better?
    These are the perforated football shirt material. Basically the material starts off white and then you print whatever colour you like on it. As long as you put them on a cool wash they should last. Ive washed my shirts at 40 degrees and they are fine but they recommend 30 degree's.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TEL said:

TEL said:

yes please.
    These are the perforated football shirt material. Basically the material starts off white and then you print whatever colour you like on it. As long as you put them on a cool wash they should last. Ive washed my shirts at 40 degrees and they are fine but they recommend 30 degree's.
    Cheers Tel, if you do decide to do some i'll have a couple.
  • Options
    Thanks mate, but its down to demand really. Im happy to arrange the manufacturing but thats about all I can offer from over here.
  • Options
    I'd be up for another Adult xs and childs '14'. I do really like the protest shirt however and feel torn as to what i'd wear to a game to show my protest. I feel the unity of the fans presenting as-one is a very powerful tool that the rest of the football community can easily see and it gains attention without anything else being done or said. A shirt identical to the home kit but with a changed badge somehow doesn't sound as though it would attract much attention and the message may not be clear from more than a few feet. That said, if others just want to wear a red shirt and not line Roland's pockets then go for it.

I'm wearing my black n white today and very happy to do so. Even got a raised eyebrow from Man Utd & Arsenal friends when they saw it and both agreed it was a great idea with a quality look.