Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Great albums of......1971

13»

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:

I'm surprised we haven't had a mention of Curved Airs 2nd album.
    The single Back street luv did quite well in the chart for a prog band.

Daryll Way the violinist with Curved Air did a gig at Thames Poly with His band Daryll ways wolf which was one of the best i've seen.

Think I may have been to that at Woolwich Poly ...73/74?
    I was doing my A levels at Woolwich Poly in 73-75 and Curved Air definitely didn't play in the hall ;-)
  • Options

I'm surprised we haven't had a mention of Curved Airs 2nd album.
    The single Back street luv did quite well in the chart for a prog band.

Daryll Way the violinist with Curved Air did a gig at Thames Poly with His band Daryll ways wolf which was one of the best i've seen.

Thames Poly Autumn 1973 support band was Hemlock. I was there and still am! I play the three Wolf albums regularly - another of those great but underrated bands.
  • Options
    They played at Thames Poly on 31st May 1975.
  • Options
    Where do you start?

The Yes Album - Yes
    Hunky Dory - David Bowie
    Surf's Up - The Beach Boys
    Sticky Fingers - The Rolling Stones
    Aqualung - Jethro Tull
    Who's Next - The Who
    Led Zeppelin iv
    Muswell Hillbillies - The Kinks

plus albums by Caravan, Crosby, Nash, Mitchell, T.Rex et al

A bumper year of diverse classics!

• Options

Egg - The Polite Force
    The second album by British 'prog' band Egg, The Polite Force is regarded by many as the band’s best work. It was released in February 1971 on the Deram record label. Egg were a musically tight ensemble who produced some lovely melodic material, often using irregular time signatures. The LP's opening track is the splendid A visit to Newport Hospital which recalls the band's origin.
    https://youtu.be/e7_xdm_CJ_k

I was at school with Clive Brooks the drummer in 'Egg' .. we were not close friends but got on ok' he was a quiet, self contained and clever young chap who later was in a proto band including Dave Stewart (later Eurythmics) and Steve Hillage .. according to Wiki, Clive later became the drum technician for Pink Floyd .. nice gig