Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amazon and their poor delivery service.

Comments

• Options

accepting items wrongly delivered is not breaking any rules, the offence comes with opening the items that aren't yours, "interfering with the mail" or some such ancient description
    fault for a wrong postcode on a delivery address - can't look much further than the account holder there - RFQ
    I had issues with the tracking nonsense for a succession of items amazon sent me via royal mail a while back - the RM tracking would state the item was delivered at least 2 days before it turned up, one was supposed to be available for collection from the local delivery (sic) office but on arriving to collect RM said they'd sent it out for delivery earlier the same day ffs, that took 24 more hours to travel 5 miles. My biggest grief was Amazon's position is "if we say we've sent it via a carrier - take it up with them" RM's policy is "if we're the carrier and your thing hasn't arrived - take it up with the vendor". Amazon doesn't have a specific contact channel for missing items. If your parcels fall into the cracks in the system, you're essentially on your own.
    In their defense Amazon aren't completely mercenary in these matters - a couple of christmasses ago a chap began receiving numerous items he hadn't ordered, addressed to amazon returns but at his home address. As the pile of unsolicited goods grew he asked A what they wanted to do about it and make sure he wasn't getting charged, A reckoned it was a glitch and would resolve itself soon enough, it didn't, the pile grew and grew, A finally worked out they'd printed up a huge batch of returns labels with a cockeyed address and told the unwitting recipient he could keep, sell, whatever as much of the stuff as he liked and was under no obligation to return or arrange collection of any of it, thousands of pounds worth to him, a drop in a bucket to them.
    All a bit of a red herring since they are a cynical tax defrauding conglomerate shower-of-bastards who no decent Briton should use until they change their cynical tax defrauding ways.

I've given up on ordering anything on the internet that comes via courier.

I always check that the stuff I order is capable of being delivered via RM. Admittedly I live in a remote place, but after a succession of items being wrongly delivered and being given the run around by courier companies and vendors both reneging on their legal obligations I found that RM is the only reliable delivery service.

Haven't touched anything from Amazon for a very long time.
  • Options

2nd class royal mail - I think you have a better than average chance of it never getting there from my experience!

Can't agree with that. I buy and sell a lot on ebay and next to nothing goes missing.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Amazon delivery does seem to have gotten worse last few months. Previously I never had any problems but recently nearly everything has been delivered to wrong addresses or just left outside the house without knocking.
    Just after xmas I ordered something, 3 people in the house all day and check to see package shown as delivered and signed for when it hadn't been. Nothing for a couple of days and couldn't find it at neighbours. Then went to clear a load of boxes that had been left next to the recycle bin after xmas to take them down the dump and find one of them is the package. The delivery bloke had thought it a good idea to not bother knocking and just leave the box in amongst clearly empty boxes, including amazon marked boxes, next to a recycle bin!

In saying that their actual customer service in dealing with delivery problems is excellent. It's just the delivery companies and drivers that are the problem.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    The royal mail are fine, when they're not on strike. Trouble is, amazon now deal with yodel after the royal mail tried to screw the xmas post a few years ago.

So now royal mail lose more business to private firms, who employ people on slave wages and we get our parcels chucked in the garden in the pouring rain.

Everybody's happy!!!
  • Options
    Missed It said:

The royal mail are fine, when they're not on strike. Trouble is, amazon now deal with yodel after the royal mail tried to screw the xmas post a few years ago.

So now royal mail lose more business to private firms, who employ people on slave wages and we get our parcels chucked in the garden in the pouring rain.

Everybody's happy!!!

Amazon don't deal with Yodel anymore , they use their own delivery company "Amazon logistics" which seems to be where most of the issues are.

Also the guy at the company that sent out my most recent parcel said that all he tells the delivery company (in this case UPS) is a house number and postcode so they wouldn't actually see any discrepancy .
  • Options
    Amazon can never find my house since they stopped using Royal Mail so I now use my nearest pick up location instead. It's a drag having to drive four miles to pick up a parcel but at least I'm sure of getting it.
  • Options
    I just have random people rocking up in their fiestas/fiats etc dropping my stuff off. Delivery seems to be "uberised" to whoever wants to make a few extra quid at the weekend.
  • Options
    WSS said:

I just have random people rocking up in their fiestas/fiats etc dropping my stuff off. Delivery seems to be "uberised" to whoever wants to make a few extra quid at the weekend.

I think that's exactly how it works - similar to a lot of the clothes catalogues.

I don't have Prime, I have no intention of getting Prime, but I do feel Amazon are trying to force it on to all of their customers via special Prime prices and slower turn around on free postage. I've noticed this over the last few months on various stuff I've ordered and I'm now at the point where I just can't be bothered to use Amazon anymore.

Paying £80 a year for Prime simply isn't worth it as I'm not that worried about next day delivery and I'll happily wait a week as it's never urgent.
  • Options
    Have amazon got a lot slower at dispatching items that aren't 'prime'?
    Ordered a phone on Monday (in stock) and still not dispatched. Not overly annoyed just not experienced it as slow before.
  • Options
    As somebody who uses delivery companies a lot, it feels like a race to the bottom.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We ordered three items from Amazon on Sunday evening and they arrived Wednesday via two separate deliveries. We are not "Prime" members either.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Got an email yesterday saying it was out for delivery and will be arriving today (yesterday), waited in most of the day, nothing came. Now it's saying it's been delayed due to external factors and I'm to expect it by next Friday.
    Quick Google of amazon logistics suggests this happens quite often, then parcels get 'lost' (stolen). Not holding out a great deal of hope but we'll see.

Edit, forgot the whole thread was about amazon logistics!
  • Options
    Ordered a new double bed through an Amazon 3rd party. About a week later received an email at 7.30pm on a Saturday stating delivery was due the next day if i confirmed by email or phone, but not to use the Amazon email. The company email had been stripped out by the automatic Amazon process and so I phoned up multiple times. Answer phone saying closed outside office hours etc. I left a message to deliver. Stayed home the next day just in case it turned up. Gave up at 5pm. At 10pm the dog starts barking and the delivery people turn up with the bed! Glad it turned up but felt a bit sorry for the delivery lads as they seem pushed to work endless hours just to make a basic wage.
  • Options
    Having a nightmare with them at the mo. Work in an office and put delivery instructions down as opening hours 9-5:30pm.

They tried to deliver at 6:18 last night, I have had made four phone calls and I am still none the wiser as to when I will receive the items. It being Friday means I wont get these until next week.

w&nkers!
  • Options
    I had a delivery arrive that last week, changed my mind and got it cheaper elsewhere so was going to send it back at a cost of 3.99 but have discovered I can now sent it back fro free due to late delivery. Ive ordered hundreds if not thousands (a few people us my prime account) over the years and have only ever had 2 items arrive late. One was due to the heavy snow a few years back while the other was last weeks. I think Amazon provide a very good service, a necessary evil for me
  • Options
    On a couple occasions I have arranged for my order to be delivered to Amazon's local collection point. There are 2 convenience store locally that stay open to 10pm. No problems
  • Options
    I ordered a book from Amazon at 5pm on Thursday 10 August and was delivered at 2.15 Friday 11th August.Can't complain about that,and that was normal delivery.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Talking of poor delivery, I have had several purchases marked as Prime delivery, that are not being dispatched and delivered next day. Has anyone else been experiencing this? It's been this way since christmas.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Talking of poor delivery, I have had several purchases marked as Prime delivery, that are not being dispatched and delivered next day. Has anyone else been experiencing this? It's been this way since christmas.

Had half a dozen like that before Xmas.

Cancelled them, their customer service is good (twice I was refunded and received the item after)
    Tough tit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dunno about Prime , but I ordered a TriPod on December 12th - still not arrived - just says waiting for information or something like that.
  • Options

Dunno about Prime , but I ordered a TriPod on December 12th - still not arrived - just says waiting for information or something like that.

Probably on it's way from China.
  • Options
    No problems with speed from Amazon. It's the numpties who make the final delivery that need a slap. Had parcels left under a car, on the doorstep for anybody to nick and chucked over the back garden fence.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Probably on it's way from China.
    Ah well, it didn't make this xmas present , so maybe I might get it before next.
  • Options
    Whoever is experiencing problems with Amazon delivery it’s best to complain to them as soon as, say you haven’t received it, even if you have, and you could receive a full refund, extended prime and voucher.

Happened to a family member where they had their parcel thrown onto their balcony. The delivery service is appalling.
  • Options
    Been using them for years and Prime since it started. Only problem I ever had was receiving two games of Scrabble rather than one about 10 years ago. Had loads of same day deliveries this Christmas. Amazon are brilliant imo.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Been using them for years and Prime since it started. Only problem I ever had was receiving two games of Scrabble rather than one about 10 years ago. Had loads of same day deliveries this Christmas. Amazon are brilliant imo.

I never knew that Jeff Bezos was a member on here?!?
  • Options
    I use Prime a lot. Always found it really good and quick.
  • Options
    I've been using prime for years and genuinely can't think of any delivery issues, never late and if I'm not in they always leave in my safe place.

I did notice over Christmas I couldn't get anything delivered next day even though I have prime, i put it down to being Christmas and busy but I've just been looking for birthday presents for my son in 2 weeks and it's the same - all the prime items in 48rs or longer.