Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Indians, Pakistanis and black people...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37307602

"London is generally a safe place to travel, however precautions are needed when entering areas mainly populated by Indians, Pakistanis and black people." - Air China's monthly in-flight magazine.

What on earth?!

Comments

• Options
    Some of them are ok.
  • Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37307602

"London is generally a safe place to travel, however precautions are needed when entering areas mainly populated by Indians, Pakistanis and black people." - Air China's monthly in-flight magazine.

What on earth?!

Shhhh - we're trying to do a trade deal with them!

• Options
    Everyday racism
  • Options
    Agr..... Appauling
  • Options
    What about Millwall fans?
  • Options
    Disgusting nasty embarrassing.
  • Options
    There will be a protest on a runway near you by the Chinese Lives Matter group.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Il come back later, this one could the thread of the evening !

All the Liberals will be home soon.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

@Leuth :-)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
  • Options
    If it's a perceived concern, it remains a concern whether it's right or wrong.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Chinese banter.

Chanter.
  • Options

They will be riding their bikes home as we speak.
  • Options
    To be fair do you remember the warnings the foreign office gave out before the South African world cup like it was going to be Armageddon? We didn't get that here in the States.

Casual racism is for everyone!
  • Options
    My Mrs is apoplectic with rage!
    So I've texted and asked if she wants a Chinese brought in.
  • Options
    Where are the CL Rapid Response Team, tossing a mung bean and tofu salad?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Where are the CL Rapid Response Team, tossing a mung bean and tofu salad?

Oh that makes me hungry. and reminds me I'm out of tofu.

I don't know that there's much to say here. It's racist.
  • Options
    The bleeding heart liberals will be home any minute.
    Just wait and see
  • Options

ill be a
    t wa t

• Options
    There's the first
  • Options
    Again, I'm confused about the issue here, is anyone alright with them saying "oh yeah, avoid places with people who have brown skin?"
  • Options
    Closet racists v Bleeding heart liberals.

What a match!
  • Options

Closet racists v Bleeding heart liberals.

What a match!

Styles make fights!
  • Options
    Rather than pick on races it would be far more diplomatic (and sensible) to actually name areas which are considered 'less safe'. Lewisham, Newcross, Old Bermondsey, New Bermondsey, Cold Blow Lane, SE16 etc......
  • Options
    25May98 said:

Rather than pick on races it would be far more diplomatic (and sensible) to actually name areas which are considered 'less safe'. Lewisham, Newcross, Old Bermondsey, New Bermondsey, Cold Blow Lane, SE16 etc......

Basically stay away from SE London then, particularly after dark, and be extra careful of the street philosophers meeting held every night at the deptford anchor
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    25May98 said:

I didn't want to say this, as actually when you look at the make-up of those areas you can... Yeah. I think this is most likely what they were trying to say.

It doesn't excuse the Chinese airline making that statement, a statement which actually says "You can judge the safety of the area by the colour of the skin of the people around you.".. which is obviously fucking stupid.

Once again: not defending it for one second, more trying to work out what they were trying to suggest to their tourists.

Edit: I see this has been sunk, probably just as well really.