Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Washing machine engineer

Anybody know a washing machine engineer in falconwood area.
No power, checked plug, fuse, sockets.

Thought id ask here first before I pay the full call out price and bombarding phone calls asking to Insure the thing.

Only cancelled the insurance on it a month back from trim the last time it broke, triffic eh.

Comments

• Keith Vaz. Or does he only sell washing machines? I can't remember...
  • Automatica in crayford are excellent mate but not sure if you are in their range.
  • Bite the bullet and get a new one, which the engineer will tell you is needed anyway.
  • Bite the bullet and get a new one, which the engineer will tell you is needed anyway.

I'm in exactly the same situation with a used one I bought. The spin cycle doesn't work and it's clear the weight of the thing isn't calculating correctly because it puts way too much water in.

Thank you Harveys, you really brought home the fact that I just need to bite the bullet and get a new one and not bother with pipe dreams of someone fixing it.
  • I had the same policy after being widowed early in life. With three kids to bring up and a full time job to hold down I couldn't mess about.

I used to use the local store for white goods, slightly more expensive but they delivered, installed and took the old one away. On one occasions the guy asked me what I was looking for and I told him something/anything that he has ready to go in the back of the shop. He gave me a choice of three, I said I'll have that one, when can you deliver? He said, '10 minutes'? I said 'Yes'.

Flippant I know, but jeez if I left the the washing, I'd be looking at a mountain in three or four days, plus the knock on effect on my heart and sanity. Money well spent I'd say
  • SDAddick said:

Bite the bullet and get a new one, which the engineer will tell you is needed anyway.

I'm in exactly the same situation with a used one I bought. The spin cycle doesn't work and it's clear the weight of the thing isn't calculating correctly because it puts way too much water in.

Thank you Harveys, you really brought home the fact that I just need to bite the bullet and get a new one and not bother with pipe dreams of someone fixing it.
    What he isn't telling you is he owns a white goods shop in Falconwood.