Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Westmount Road, Eltham Car Fire 1995

Will always remember this and sends chills down my spine when I drive past the tree. Also I noticed that one of the 6 victims must of been a charlton fan as there is a scarf there.

Comments

• Options
    I witnessed this cycling back from the High St. Little did I know I knew 3 people in the car. Danny Garwood was a Charlton fan I believe.
  • Options
    Remember this well. I was 17 in 1995 and was one of the first of my mates to pass my driving test. We always used to get 7 or 8 of us in the car (a crappy old Nissan micra). The only risk in our eyes was getting pulled over by the old bill. If I see a car overloaded now, I think what a bunch of idiots, but at that age you're not as clued up as you are when you're older. RIP.
  • Options
    Played in a cup final against some of the lads in that car just weeks before. One of them was the boyfriend of a girl that lived opposite me at the time.

Awful way to die that.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Was going out with a girl at the time who was good friends with one of girls who died. Awful.
  • Options
    Very sad
  • Options
    Sadly my cousin was in this. I was only 13 but always will remember the day we found out. He was a Charlton fan. His Dad is still a season ticket holder.
  • Options
    My aunt and uncle live on Glenesk and it was my cousin's christening. I was made his godmother that day and we drove up westmount road on our way home from theirs about 15 mins before it happened. I was 14 and was totally shocked.
  • Options
    I look at that tree every time I drive to Charlton. Very sad indeed.