Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This won't catch on, will it?

The Crossbar Challenge that is. Most disturbingly in the piece on the OS which explains the application process, apparently we have to put our forms in a receptacle thus: "Poxboxes will be located at Main Reception..." I'm not putting my hand in anything like that, even if there's 10 grand riding on it.

Comments

• Options
    Is this the best they can do?
  • Options
    Would fancy my chances if I still went. Pity.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I think this is a Charlton Club thing rather than a Roly & Latrine fund raiser.

Chance would be a fine thing, can't remember the last time a saw a jackpot ticket vendor anywhere near the upper west (north end)
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Swisdom said:

Why the negativity? No idea who came up with it but there's no harm at all. If someone goes out there and wins £10k it would be awesome

Seriously mate, do you really have to keep asking that? Where have you been these past few years?

I get that you seem to be reasonably positive about things, but it shouldn't take much to work out why people are negative when it comes to Charlton these days.

Not if negativity is taken from something only positive. I'd love the chance to grace the hallowed turf to kick a football and try win some money,
  • Options
    Collaborator!
  • Options
    What if you had to agree to appear in one of those giant cheque pictures with Katrien if you won?
  • Options
    I hear she's very personable one on one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Why the negativity? No idea who came up with it but there's no harm at all. If someone goes out there and wins £10k it would be awesome

Totally agree. No harm in it at all .
  • Options
    now that will make me buy a jackpot ticket...would love a go at that
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I thought the main point in the OP was the spelling error committed and the usual comms quality control issue. Amusing though not surprising. Cretins.
  • Options

I thought the main point in the OP was the spelling error committed and the usual comms quality control issue. Amusing though not surprising.

Exactly. Poor @Swisdom, he has been affected with the virus

• Options
    Off_it said:

Swisdom said:

Seriously mate, do you really have to keep asking that? Where have you been these past few years?

I get that you seem to be reasonably positive about things, but it shouldn't take much to work out why people are negative when it comes to Charlton these days.

So that's it then? The club can never do anything right any more? Fuck it then - no point in going any more is there?

It's a bit of fun, might get a bit of press attention - all good

• Options

I thought the main point in the OP was the spelling error committed and the usual comms quality control issue. Amusing though not surprising. Cretins.

Yeah sorry the pun on catch is rather oblique isn't it?
  • Options
    A few hours now and the Poxboxes are still being advertised. Do you think the Comm's people have all gone down the clinic or are hanging on for the NHS call centre....err
  • Options
    I assumed this was the halfway line... from the edge of the D is very doable
  • Options
    Will you be allowed on the pitch if you wearing either

- A Black & White Scarf
    Or
    - A Card related protest top.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd turn and face Katrien, Talal El Karkouri/Chris Bart Williams a pelter her way.
  • Options
    I think the main point of the post ie being accused of negativity is the actual stupid typo in the article!

"Poxboxes will be located at Main Reception".

• Options
    edited September 2016
    A good idea, however would this not be a loss making exercise for the first few games and would need covering from the Charlton Clubs bank account?

The Jackpot prizes including 2ND prize have been under 300 pounds for the home games this season excluding the commission fees to the jackpot sellers.

Granted it may get a wavers to buy a ticket but not exactly financial sense.

To break even if my maths is correct would need £10000 in ticket sales?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I think the main point of the post ie being accused of negativity is the actual stupid typo in the article!

"Poxboxes will be located at Main Reception".

I assumed a poxbox was a real thing and something the yoof of today talk of.
  • Options
    Is this to make up revenue lost from people who have pulled out of Valley Gold because they don't trust Duchatelet?
  • Options
    jams said:

I assumed this was the halfway line... from the edge of the D is very doable

Depends how big the D is mate, I reckon I could manage it though...
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

A good idea, however would this not be a loss making exercise for the first few games and would need covering from the Charlton Clubs bank account?

The Jackpot prizes including 2ND prize have been under 300 pounds for the home games this season excluding the commission fees to the jackpot sellers.

Granted it may get a wavers to buy a ticket but not exactly financial sense.

To break even if my maths is correct would need £10000 in ticket sales?

Unless they have taken out insurance against anyone winning it which is common practice.
  • Options
    Genuine question, what are those things called? Pickboxes?

Also, as someone that has a degree in literature from the best public university in the States (UC Berkeley), and is a published writer in many forms, and other impressive things that no one cares about, typos and errors happen. They happen more when you're using a shitty case management system which I'd guess they are by the looks of the site. I get that this one was amusing, but I've heard people genuinely having a moan about it.
  • Options

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-crossbar-challenge-jackpot-3303394.aspx

It's Valley Gold, not the Football Club, it's a bit of fun so can't see the harm. Although would be funny if the person called out was wearing a protest shirt ; - )

Lucky I'm not at many games as they might call my name out! Can I bring a sub on instead?

I'd only fancy myself if it was like a golf thing where I could have a score of "par" to beat. Par 4? Yeah, could do that
  • Options
    I'm with @Swisdom on this.