Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Cameron to stand down as an MP

Comments

• Options
    Everyone since Thatcher couldn't lace her boots!

As for the worst, you'll need to look at labour but as long as the hand outs keep coming labour supporters tend to ignore the lies and crime...
  • Options

Everyone since Thatcher couldn't lace her boots!

As for the worst, you'll need to look at labour but as long as the hand outs keep coming labour supporters tend to ignore the lies and crime...

Well, you're right about one thing there - Thatcher never wore laces.

It doesn't matter whether the was fellating the Earl of Stockton, performing her world famous Steffi Graf impression, sharing a joke with Ronnie or going to a fancy dress party dressed as a tramp, there was never a lace in sight.
  • Options
    May I be among the first to say I thought the did the honourable thing in stepping down when he lost the Remain vote. If he's decided to do something else, then fine by me, even if he is a pudgey-faced posh boy. He doesn't owe the nation a lifetime of servitude.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    And today on Charlton Life, a moderator mocks a stroke-victim in the advanced stages of dementia.
  • Options
    I've offered him a job as a finance assistant and he's thinking it over. I'm hopeful he'll accept ...
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

I've offered him a job as a finance assistant and he's thinking it over. I'm hopeful he'll accept ...

"Thinking it over", I don't think so -he's calling a referendum to help him decide.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

And today on Charlton Life, a moderator mocks a stroke-victim in the advanced stages of dementia.

What more do you expect from him?
  • Options
    I'll remember him fondly as the Prime Minister who came closest to Thatcher in running down our public services. Thanks for the memories Dave.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pigs in blankets to celebrate anyone?
  • Options
    In my opinion his achievement will be the PM who took us out of Europe, which theoretically ought to make him a hero in the eyes of brexiters until they remember he campaigned to keep us in!
    He very nearly oversaw the break up of the Union, and the foundations of that Union are now politically and socially weaker than for centuries.
    For all the damage he has done to the country as a whole, as Annakissed has said, he can camouflage himself in the shires from now on, listening to the Archers by his Aga shielded from the damage he has wrought.
    He may be remembered as a decent enough bloke by some, but by others he will look like a manifestation of the eternal class system that always seems to be in power. He became a father whilst in office, but has suffered dreadful loss too, and it is worth remembering that there is a human aspect to politics, and sometimes a price to pay. His game playing with the status of the United Kingdom will be his legacy, he took a huge risk and he lost.
  • Options
    Good riddance
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

This is the "kinder, more caring form of politics" we've been told about
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Fuck him.
  • Options

Fiiish said:

This is the "kinder, more caring form of politics" we've been told about

Fuck him.

Brilliant timing.
  • Options
    Personally surprised if anyone posting here wanted to fuck Cameron.

Fuck him over, maybe if you could be bothered, probably not worth the effort though.

• Options
    Fiiish said:

Bit twattish and hypocritical coming from someone who on the same day posted crude and offensive remarks about anyone who happens to support Celtic!
  • Options

Fiiish said:

Bit twattish and hypocritical coming from someone who on the same day posted crude and offensive remarks about anyone who happens to support Celtic!
    It's called a joke. I take it you call any jokes directed at Palace and Millwall fans on this board 'twattish' too. I note you never actually took issue with the mocking of suicide victims but you are so irate with my joke you decide to make a completely irrelevant connection on a totally different thread.
  • Options
    I think Margaret thatcher could well be described as a divisive PM. I have a work colleague who sends round emails every year celebrating her birthday.

I know others who would organise a rave on her grave.

Personally, her governments cutting of funding and assistance to the science and engineering fields has lead me to be an accountant an I will not be forgiving that ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

It's called a joke. I take it you call any jokes directed at Palace and Millwall fans on this board 'twattish' too. I note you never actually took issue with the mocking of suicide victims but you are so irate with my joke you decide to make a completely irrelevant connection on a totally different thread.
    If we're talking about Cameron, he will forever be remembered for risking the future of the country for his own glory of winning a general election - i.e. a self-serving tosser.

If we're talking about Thatcher then she stole my oxygen for far too many years (not a joke).
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Of course, yes, it was a joke. Just like the blow up dolls were a joke!

I am just grateful you didn't flag me! It has to be a first.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Well if you find jokes about suicide victims funny then I don't think all the flags in the world could sum up how sick that is.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Well if you find jokes about suicide victims funny then I don't think all the flags in the world could sum up how sick that is.
    Whoosh!
  • Options
    PWR
    Think the Tories made a huge mistake about celebrating "austerity" which, of course, if you actually lived through the austerity years must seem like a sick joke.
    Anyhoo, good riddance to bad rubbish, etc.
  • Options
    Am I alone in wondering why anyone is surprised by this or why this is even being discussed?
    I'm not a follower of politics in the way some of you lot are, but I thought it was a given that the former prime minister does this after leaving Downing Street?
    Don't they all get booked for after dinner speeches for the rest of their lives?

I genuinely thought he had effectively already made this announcement when he stepped down as PM.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Nev chamberlain, if he would've acted sooner tens of millions would not have died
  • Options

Am I alone in wondering why anyone is surprised by this or why this is even being discussed?
    I'm not a follower of politics in the way some of you lot are, but I thought it was a given that the former prime minister does this after leaving Downing Street?
    Don't they all get booked for after dinner speeches for the rest of their lives?

I genuinely thought he had effectively already made this announcement when he stepped down as PM.

Whilst never PM, Ian Duncan-Smith and Will.i.am Hague stayed on after being leader of the party, but it seems that now politicians can't wait to leave the service of their country. I give you twinkle toes Ed Balls.