Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reflections on Fleetwood trip

2»

Comments

• Options
    Excellent piece.
  • Options
    Lovely well written article. I look forward to the days ahead after the regime have gone and we rebuild with pride once again.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited January 2017
    Heads up for anyone interested, a few of the Fleetwood supporters we met back in September, will be having a couple of beers with me and some others in the lib before the home game 4-2-17.
    As per details further up this thread, Andy Pilley, their chairman (my son is a friend of his son) said he would pop in also for a pint with us.
    Not sure if that will happen, but numbers, reminders and invites are being re issued this week, fingers crossed, he's a top fella.
  • Options
    They were a friendly lot. I enjoyed our trip up there.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Heads up for anyone interested, a few of the Fleetwood supporters we met back in September, will be having a couple of beers with me and some others in the lib before the home game 4-2-17.
    As per details further up this thread, Andy Pilley, their chairman (my son is a friend of his son) said he would pop in also for a pint with us.
    Not sure if that will happen, but numbers, reminders and invites are being re issued this week, fingers crossed, he's a top fella.

The chairman will turn up as he's not going to be entertained by squirrel face.

• Options

We'll be able to experience their hospitality again next season.
  • Options

We'll be able to experience their hospitality again next season.
    You're that confident we'll stay up?
  • Options
    DA9 said:

I'm not going to the game but I'll try to get along for a drink. They were a very welcoming lot so it's only polite to return the favour.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Took me about a month to get that Captain Pugwash theme they play after every goal, out of my head.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Took me about a month to get that Captain Pugwash theme they play after every goal, out of my head.

Alright for you I'm still getting over the coach journey
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

Addickted said:

Alright for you I'm still getting over the coach journey
    So is Pico.
  • Options
    Great club Fleetwood.

I normally only do the northern out posts once to tick them off on my way to doing the 92. However, I will definitely go back to Fleetwood. Unless, they get promoted and we don't play them again
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Bump
  • Options
    Just had it confirmed that Andy Pilley will pop into the lib for a pint with his son, not sure what time, may only be very quick as I would imagine he has commitments before the game with Pinocchio etc.
    14 Fleetwood fans arriving about 13:30, come and say hello and meet some of the nicest fans in the league, and show them why we are South East Londons finest.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited February 2017
    Well, he was true to his word, he came in the lib before and after the game with his son, hope some of you got to speak to him. Proper football man and loved by all his clubs fans who came in with me.