Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bar snacks

Comments

• Options
    also, when a pub put out some Ritz crackers, cheese and peanuts
  • Options

love a pork pie with a beer as well, though I took a load down the Oak for the boys once last season, and they just all looked at me as if I some kind of weirdo (not an unusual reaction I will admit)

Nothing wrong with a pork pie...:)
  • Options
    I went into a pub in Stalybridge many years ago, which had pork pies in a glass cabinet on the bar.
    Not having eaten for ages I ordered one, to be met with the response "Would you like it heated up?"
    I thought that sounded weird (meaning weird) but gave it a go anyway.

Big mistake. Turned what might have been a half decent pie into a sludgy mush of grease and wilting pastry, with spots of boiling jelly hotter than the surface of the sun.

But a proper crisp pie and some brown sauce with a pint - perfect.
  • Options
    When was the last time anyone saw a jar of pickled eggs behind the jump?
  • Options
    Twiglets at the moment. Not too fussy though.
  • Options
    Cheesy Moments

And I'm not talking about Mehmet's jokes
  • Options
    Had a hot pork pie served up with mushy peas in a pub in Barnsley, barmaid said put salt and vinegar on it, I did it tasted quite good.
  • Options
    Can't remember the last time I had a bar snack. If someone else bought crisps, I might steal one.
  • Options

This June at The Red Lion in Snargate, Romney Marsh. Fantastic pub that has been run by the same family since WW2.
    I think my pickled egg had been in its jar on the bar since then.
    It was vile.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Are bar snacks like canapés for the poor? ;)

Pub tapas
  • Options

Cant beat a pub that puts a few roast potatoes on the bar at Sunday lunchtime

I thought eating was cheating?
  • Options
    Does anywhere do snuff still? My old local used to do most of what has been mentioned including snuff which is weird to say the least

Picked eggs (fucking horrible), picked onions, chilli's, and fish (maybe herrings), welks, cockles, pretty much anything you could think of that's been pickled or could be pickled they did along with packets of the usual fare. Crisps, pork scratchings with hair on, scampi fries, all manner of nuts and they also had a vending 'tube' for tins of all sorts of nuts. Place looked like a parrots cage on a Sunday. Roast spuds are a funny one though. I always appreciate anything free which is consumable put on a bar but if you get them hot they are embarrassingly hot and cold they are disgusting. And them cold ones 100% will have been fingered by Simon the nonce before they cooled down. And Simon never washed his paws
  • Options
    jar of cockles
  • Options

Had a hot pork pie served up with mushy peas in a pub in Barnsley, barmaid said put salt and vinegar on it, I did it tasted quite good.

Yes, that's fine, think I've seen it in a movie once.

But what did the pie taste like?

I have no idea what they are called but those slightly chilli flavour mixed biscuity things are quite nice.
  • Options
    When i first started drinking in pubs the roast potatoes where a treat of Sunday drinking.

• Options

The Camden used to do that many years ago. I found a pube on one once though so never ate them after that.
  • Options
    The ship aground at dockhead, sunday lunchtimes roast potatoes cheese and biscuits peanuts blinding little pub
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Cashews or crisps.

Pub I used to go in on a Sunday used to put the left over roasties on the bar, big fan of that.
  • Options

The Camden used to do that many years ago. I found a pube on one once though so never ate them after that.
    Most blokes have pubes on their spuds though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

love a pork pie with a beer as well, though I took a load down the Oak for the boys once last season, and they just all looked at me as if I some kind of weirdo (not an unusual reaction I will admit)

Got any left?
  • Options
    Anyone in the pub in Cannon Street, try the pork scratching
  • Options
    Crayfish tails with vinegar and pepper off the fish man.
  • Options
    The pork scratchings in the Cannon Street pub are pretty good, not their pork pies though.

Used to have half a pint of prawns off the fish guy in a pub over Chiswick way.

Home made pork scratchings definitely my favourite.
  • Options

Was it still attached to it's owner :-)
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Pineapple cubes.

#dependant on the establishments urinal freshener of choice.
  • Options
    Complimentary peanuts in their shells and pop corn. Had that in a bar in Minnesota and loved it.

Roast spuds is best though of the free snacks.

Paying it's got to be crisps or nuts.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

This June at The Red Lion in Snargate, Romney Marsh. Fantastic pub that has been run by the same family since WW2.
    I think my pickled egg had been in its jar on the bar since then.
    It was vile.

As an aside, if you go in the church opposite you can see some 15c graffiti.
  • Options

Crayfish tails with vinegar and pepper off the fish man.

The seafood van in the car park one of our locals is amazing. Awesome to sit outside in the summer with a pint and some amazing seafood cooked by him.
  • Options
    Kettle chips