Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SEAT launches a car for women

Article in Campaign magazine

A car? For women? To drive? And own? What is this, the twenty first century or something?

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Cosmopolitan partners Seat to launch car for women

Cosmopolitan, the Hearst Magazines title, is launching a car co-created with Seat aimed at women.

The car is a special edition of Seat's Mii model with specific accessories chosen by the title’s global creative team, regional editors and readers.

Susanne Franz, global marketing director at Seat, said that the car will meet women’s needs "in terms of daily usage" and this is the brand’s "most feminine car".

She said: "This new car goes beyond aesthetics, it is a functional vehicle where the design has a purpose.

"Cosmopolitan contributed to transforming the role of women in society and the Mii by Cosmopolitan aims to establish a fresh perspective on cars. It is a tribute to the modern woman."

Hearst is increasingly exploring ways to create new revenue streams following the decline of print circulation across the magazine sector. It has recently ramped up its focus on events with the launch of initiatives such as a beauty pop-up at London's Westfield shopping centres.

I can't think of anything wrong with this bit of marketing. Except that, of course, I imagine it would alienate any men from buying that car; and any woman.
  • Options
    I seem to remember the new beetle had a specimen vase attached somewhere above the gearstick for every driver to place their favourite single stem.
  • Options
    If I ask seriously what are the specific accessories chosen for the "car for women", will this thread just disappear under a deluge of poor jokes?
  • Options
    I'm here too
  • Options
    And your expectation is more along the lines of

'I think they will offer a suitable place to put a handbag'

• Options
    It parks itself as well.
  • Options
    Larger mirror and make-up light (according to my better half). She's also said a sign on the front that flashes "get out of my way you f@@king idiot."
  • Options
    Extra large @#%# off bumpers.
  • Options
    Hopefully it has got auto correct steering when turning right at a junction which guides the car to the crown of the road so that other road users can pass on the inside :open_mouth: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    automatic transmission
  • Options
    Doesn't come in a diesel version
  • Options
    I take it this is just one of those self-driving cars?
  • Options
    Decent size head lamps
  • Options
    Massive hooters etc etc.
  • Options
    George Foreman grill.
  • Options
    An automatic handbrake that leaves itself on when driven so they don't have to forget to leave it on.
  • Options
    Decent air bags.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you turn the engine on and it whines?
  • Options
    It depends, if you get a good one the engine fires hotter than the sun and the passenger wilts very quickly.

If you get a different model, it doesn't matter how hard you try to start the engine it's had a hard day and it's time for sleeps. Maybe in the morning.

Very similar to male cars.
  • Options
    Decent boot size for the shopping to go in, could even fit an iron board in their too.

Also no wing mirrors as they figured they won't get used and instead more likely to be taken off from getting hit by a hand bag.

Glove compartment has been given a new name for this specific car, it's called extra wardrobe and make up space.
  • Options
    To be boringly sensible for a minute: extra long pedals, angled differently, to allow for the fact that women on average have shorter legs. That way they don't have to have the seat so close to the steering wheel, reducing the risk of injury by the airbag in case of a crash. In a similar vein, greater adjustability of seatbelt positioning, so it actually goes over their shoulder rather than across their neck.
  • Options
    25May98 said:

Reading the posts on here makes me feel sick. It's 2016 ffs. I can't believe we are this far into the 21st century and not only are women still allowed to drive, they are now being openly encouraged to do so.

The King of Saudi Arabia posts on CL!
  • Options
    Presumably it improves road safety by keeping it chained to the kitchen sink.
  • Options
    Really not sure what Chizz's endgame was on this one