Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Irish pubs in Lewisham

For reasons I won't go into we're in Lewisham on Sunday afternoon.
Which is the best GAA pub to see the All Ireland Football final?

Comments

• Joiners opposite the police station is a decent small Irish pub, the Jolly Farmers by Lewisham hospital will have it on but if you can travel then I'd recommend Bylthe Hill tavern in Catford/forest Hill.
  • Joiners opposite the police station is a decent small Irish pub, the Jolly Farmers by Lewisham hospital will have it on but if you can travel then I'd recommend Bylthe Hill tavern in Catford/forest Hill.

Was in the Joiners on Tuesday - literally the only non Irish (and I mean actual Irish) people in there. Good little pub though.

Is the Farmers back to being an Irish pub then?
  • I'd have to agree with the Joiners opposite Lewisham nick. Very friendly little pub.
  • Thanks lads.
  • Also the Little Crown on New Cross Road near Deptford high street if the joiners is busy. I don't think the Jolly Farmer is an Irish pub.
  • iainment said:

These reasons you won't go into, is it to watch the All Ireland Football Final by any chance?
  • iainment said:

These reasons you won't go into, is it to watch the All Ireland Football Final by any chance?
    No.
  • sam3110 said:

Joiners opposite the police station is a decent small Irish pub, the Jolly Farmers by Lewisham hospital will have it on but if you can travel then I'd recommend Bylthe Hill tavern in Catford/forest Hill.

Is the Farmers back to being an Irish pub then?
    I haven't been in there for 3 years, it wasn't really an Irish pub when I went in but did a decent Guiness and got an Irish crowd to watch the Gaelic that day. My best mate's old man goes down there a bit for the Gaelic.
  • Do not go near The Joiners, it has a very unpleasant illness in it. Blythe Hill is sound, Little Crown OK too, or 180 to Hardy's.
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:

C and A closed years ago, just in case you want to buy a new suit.
  • Do not go near The Joiners, it has a very unpleasant illness in it. Blythe Hill is sound, Little Crown OK too, or 180 to Hardy's.

Thought that "illness" was long gone off the manor mate?

"Illness" - tell more !
  • Joiners, I'll be up in ganleys Morden myself.
  • Oh that illness is very much long gone, never felt better DA9, as well you know:)
  • The HollyTree, up behind the fire station.
    Tell Jemma I sent you.
  • The HollyTree, up behind the fire station.
    Tell Jemma I sent you.

Oh yeah......
  • Bit late now, but the Blythe Hill Tavern is one of the best boozers in south-east London - worth a visit on any day, and a great place for watching sport. Good if you've a taste for cider, too.
  • Bit late now, but the Blythe Hill Tavern is one of the best boozers in south-east London - worth a visit on any day, and a great place for watching sport. Good if you've a taste for cider, too.

Used to live just round the corner from it a long time ago. Can't remember using it at all.
    But thanks for the tip.
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:

Bit late now, but the Blythe Hill Tavern is one of the best boozers in south-east London - worth a visit on any day, and a great place for watching sport. Good if you've a taste for cider, too.

Used to live just round the corner from it a long time ago. Can't remember using it at all.
    But thanks for the tip.
    Where did you watch it in the end?
  • iainment said:

Bit late now, but the Blythe Hill Tavern is one of the best boozers in south-east London - worth a visit on any day, and a great place for watching sport. Good if you've a taste for cider, too.

But thanks for the tip.
    Where did you watch it in the end?
    We managed to wriggle out of going to Lewisham and ended up in The Bull in Woolwich.
    Not a great game technically but really exciting to watch I thought.