Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Black Cab driver

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2016
    i tried using a black cab the other week coming home after a night out with friends there was 5 of us so was easier to get a black cab, we wanted to go from charing cross station to bexleyheath, none of the black cabs would take us said it would be too far. uber xl it was 87.10 for the 5 of us. bearing in mind this was 3am, i thought that wasnt too sad at all, get there a london tradition but everyone has competition at some point, the tradesman of this country have had there wages knocked down constantly owing to competition.

obviously they have to adhere to the charges, which they can do fuck all about;

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/taxis-and-minicabs/taxi-fares
  • Options
    The thing is palarsehater then is that for your journey, there was no competition - no black cab would accept your offer. If TfL won't provide the supply then someone else will. Black cabs cannot complain about this.
  • Options
    Lucky for you ATU
    I got a black cab last November, left my wallet in the taxi, didn't realise till the morning. Reported it to TFL but there was no sign of it. All depends on the driver you get!
  • Options
    If only we had a thread discussing the pro's and cons of Uber.....
  • Options
    I live near a school and found a phone once during a snowy period. As it had no password rang the "mum" number on it and found they lived not too far away. Asked if i could take it back as they couldnt leave younger kids in house. Trekked through snow to give it back, woman opened door, took phone put of my hand, said cheers and slammed door!
    I'll still always try to return anything but wont be putting myself out in future
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

Lucky for you ATU
    I got a black cab last November, left my wallet in the taxi, didn't realise till the morning. Reported it to TFL but there was no sign of it. All depends on the driver you get!

i think there is probably a higher possibility that it was the next fare rather than driver.

that's not to say that some of them aren't dishonest thieving pricks
  • Options

Big_Bob said:

Lucky for you ATU

i think there is probably a higher possibility that it was the next fare rather than driver.

Missed the last train home, and had to get it from Victoria back to where I live in Kent. By the time he would have got back to London, would have been gone 3 so
  • Options
    Fair enough then mate, I was basing my theory on black cabs having people jumping in and out all day.
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

Lucky for you ATU

Not necessarily mate, I've had lots of things left in the back that I never knew were there. Yeah I normally have a look over my shoulder for anything obvious, if it is a disabled passenger, or if I am helping people with their luggage, then I check but many times other customers have said "driver someone has left blah blah in the back"
    So it also depends on the next fare.....................,
  • Options

Big_Bob said:

Lucky for you ATU

Charming.