Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon supporters refused entry

During the game, I went down to the Ancher and Hope. Four wimbledon supporters were in there having been refused entrance to the ground by stewards/police because they were carrying a Roland Out placard. It was about A1 in size and wasn't on a stick and had been given to them by someone when they were leaving the Antigallican prior to the match. They were given the choice of ditching the placard and getting to see the game which they had paid twenty odd quid each to watch or going back down the pub. They chose then later, I don't think I'd have done the same in similar circumstances, but they were proper football supporters and understand the problems we've got.

Comments

• Options
    The Dons support us and have made that clear. I just hope we use the away game to our advantage more so than we did today
  • Options
    That's superb from them - I think a lot of us would admit that we would dump it given the choice.
  • Options
    Big barney in the west too between Charlton fan (bloke) and another Charlton fan (woman) who was with her Wimbledon supporting friend and he took exception to her cheering when Wimbledon scored.
    This club has just been brought to its knees by this shitty regime and made the whole crowd so toxic - it is appalling now.
    I can't believe how many stewards Charlton must employ now but I bet it's more than doubled from three years ago - and this just adds to the clubs debt to Duchatelet
  • Options
    Wonder if they would try to refuse entry if we were wearing our "Roland Out" T-Shirts/Hoodie
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fucking wombles
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I really don't understand why they're clamping down on placards and flags. Such a preposterous PR own-goal.

But they respect the right of the fans to protest.....Yeah right.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

I was approached by the head of the Wimbledon supporters trust today who was in the directors box, he shook my hand and told me to get in touch. I plan to!!!

Clearly your reputation as a pitch-invading hero has spread across London ;)
    Or that my contribution to the protests is more than the only thing people harp on about.

Ah well the same people who don't act I guess
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

I was approached by the head of the Wimbledon supporters trust today who was in the directors box, he shook my hand and told me to get in touch. I plan to!!!

Perhaps he can tell us what happens when he gets in touch with the Wimbledon dude.
  • Options

Fiiish said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Perhaps he can tell us what happens when he gets in touch with the Wimbledon dude.
    I actually know John Stembridge who is the Dons trust secretary so shall go this route I think, as I didn't get the guys name I was too busy shouting traitors!
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Fiiish said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

I actually know John Stembridge who is the Dons trust secretary so shall go this route I think, as I didn't get the guys name I was too busy shouting traitors!
    Have a word with him and perhaps he can arrange for you to run on the pitch for the away game.
  • Options
    Yeah yeah internet warrior 101
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The Dons support us and have made that clear. I just hope we use the away game to our advantage more so than we did today

It's Feb 11th, a week before my 31st birthday and I'm really hoping to be there.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Curb_It said:

Oh dear. I left four bubbly Wimbledon fans with a Roland Out Board in Th Antigallican. He promised me they were getting it in the ground.

Sorry pal.

You couldn't have known how ridiculous and petulant security has gotten no wait it's all your fault.
    Brave man, someone doesn't want to be 31. Headlock.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Today was the first fixture I was tempted to go to this season. At 3pm I was wondering down Bromley High Street when I realised it was game day.

I feel so detached from the club right now, and reading stuff like this just underlines how much I've began to dislike what it is now.

I'm not going to find another team, I couldn't. But I want my Charlton back - I miss it, and I want my pride back. I want to be proud of what it is again.

I don't take pride in ruining the day of a few supporters over a sodding A1 sized poster.

Felt the same, wanted to go, but I seriously believe I just can't buy a ticket or even set foot in The Valley until they are gone.
  • Options
    You been going down to Sheppey United MOG?
  • Options
    Owners, staff, Manager and team only in it for the money. What has happened to my Charlton? Wright, Curtiss, Kinsey, Campbell..........

Russell Slade, Russell Slade,
    Summer spent drinking lemonade,
    Fleetwood, Wimbledon, put him in the shade,
    Russell Slade, Russell Slade.

Russell Slade never explained,
    Why his team were poorly trained,
    Never once did he assert,
    That none were fit to wear the shirt.

Russell Slade always ignoring
    Hoof-ball makes for football boring.
    Fans all watch like graveside mourners,
    Charlton botch up all their corners.

Russell Slade will never win it,
    His team gives up in the tenth minute,
    Can't be asked to run and strike it,
    Eff of fans, if you don't like it.

Russell Slade, Russell Slade,
    Under worked, and overpaid,
    Yet when he's sacked, he'll have it made,
    Russell Slade, Russell Slade.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I really don't understand why they're clamping down on placards and flags. Such a preposterous PR own-goal.

Because placards and banners don't look good in photos. It's all part of the new PR campaign to say the right thing while attempting to marginalise/split/eradicate CARD and other opposition.
  • Options
    Roland Garros

See what I did