Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lets stop the Boycott ?.

Todays game was probably the most depressed i have been as a Charlton fan - and it wasnt because of the defeat ( i've sort of got numb to losing, and cant even remember when i last saw us win tbh).
It was because of the atmosphere at the ground - there was zero support,zero atmosphere, and no protests - but what seemed like hundreds of stewards- all leaving a very very toxic feel. An 'atmosphere' that i've never experienced before at The Valley.
This isnt the Charlton i have grown up supporting - the club that was known as a nice family club, friendly fans, friendly staff, and a team that i was proud to say i supported-and a club that other clubs and fans used to use as their role-model.

I think, a few weeks back BDL said that he thought the boycott might be counter-productive in that protests in the ground would stop - i am coming to the opinion that maybe this might be the case.

So, i am not suggesting that everyone go out and buy a season ticket immediately, but maybe the boycotters selectively come back for a pre-determined game now and again - as an idea, maybe the £5 games? - at least that way we are not lining RD's pocket with much - and then co-ordinate some protests for inside the ground during the game.
At the moment, i get the feeling that KM may believe that she has 'won', in view that there are no longer any protests.

Comments

• Options
    Not me. Not yet.
  • Options

Todays game was probably the most depressed i have been as a Charlton fan - and it wasnt because of the defeat ( i've sort of got numb to losing, and cant even remember when i last saw us win tbh).
    It was because of the atmosphere at the ground - there was zero support,zero atmosphere, and no protests - but what seemed like hundreds of stewards- all leaving a very very toxic feel. An 'atmosphere' that i've never experienced before at The Valley.
    This isnt the Charlton i have grown up supporting - the club that was known as a nice family club, friendly fans, friendly staff, and a team that i was proud to say i supported-and a club that other clubs and fans used to use as their role-model.

I think, a few weeks back BDL said that he thought the boycott might be counter-productive in that protests in the ground would stop - i am coming to the opinion that maybe this might be the case.

So, i am not suggesting that everyone go out and buy a season ticket immediately, but maybe the boycotters selectively come back for a pre-determined game now and again - as an idea, maybe the £5 games? - at least that way we are not lining RD's pocket with much - and then co-ordinate some protests for inside the ground during the game.
    At the moment, i get the feeling that KM may believe that she has 'won', in view that there are no longer any protests.

Atmosphere was shit today but she wasn't there anyway
  • Options
    We need to do something, as today was terrible the boycott is making it look like they have won

I was very pro boycot but after seeing the valley for the first time this season today it feels like they have won.

People won't go all the way to the valley for a photo outside then nothing. And that's what happened today.

A real shame :( all momentum seems lost now
  • Options
    It's a fair post and I would probably go if it was something CARD organised. Could be even more divisive though.
  • Options
    It is a real shame but I can't bring myself to go and unless we have a sudden upturn on form, next season it will be even worse.
  • Options
    Where were these hundreds of stewards ? There was only the usual few in the Upper North.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Atmosphere was shit today but she wasn't there anyway
    So if no there today, coupled with not being at Fleetwood.

Is she in Dubai again or serving her notice?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lots in lower north. I went for a wee at half time, stopped going back to my seat ( which I left about 2 minutes before) until I showed the 3 stewards my season ticket with seat number. I am 64 not the usual suspect for disruption!
  • Options

Where were these hundreds of stewards ? There was only the usual few in the Upper North.

Maybe it just seemed that way because of the lack of fans, but certainly where we were in West Lower, it seemed like there were stewards galore.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Nicholas said:

Atmosphere is dreadful, every game has that boring friendly feel to it. The fight from the fans is over as no one comes anymore and why should they. The Belgians have won the club is dead.

Long live the club AFC Charlton that is.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

I really don't think that anyone at the club, sponsors or advertisers will be looking at the crowd numbers and thinking "they" have won.

I wasnt thinking of 'numbers' - just that protests have now stopped, because the protestors have become the boycotters.
  • Options

DRAddick said:

I really don't think that anyone at the club, sponsors or advertisers will be looking at the crowd numbers and thinking "they" have won.

I wasnt thinking of 'numbers' - just that protests have now stopped, because the protestors have become the boycotters.
    Why was that woman who was behind you yelling "your sort isn't welcome here" at the bloke who was leaving shouting back? What on earth was that about?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Not me. Not yet.

Bromley away?

• Options
    Protest for a fiver. Rochdale 1st October. Surely no money can be made on a £5 ticket so no money for Starpricks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Curb_It said:

DRAddick said:

Why was that woman who was behind you yelling "your sort isn't welcome here" at the bloke who was leaving shouting back? What on earth was that about?
    Are we sure Katrien wasn't there?
  • Options
    My fist home match of the season will be Rochdale. My sensible head is wondering why we have spent a couple of hundred quid (being conservative here) on flights and accommodation for it. I doubt we would be there, except my elderly step mum is currently poorly in QEH so it is a chance to visit her.

Nearly came down this weekend -narrow escape.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Curb_It said:

DRAddick said:

Sorta explained in the Wimbledon fans kicked out thread, but essentially a Charlton (lady) fan was sitting in the row behind us with her Wimbledon (lady) supporting friend - who promptly got a bit excited when the Wombles scored - the bloke a few rows down basically told her to sit down and-( its getting a bit like Millwall and next thing is we will be fighting each other with protestors v non-protestors).shut up and get in the away end - to which her Charlton mate took exception (rightly) and told him where he could get off. He soon left the ground with stewards looking a bit bemused !. Thats just another example of how toxic this place has become.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

DRAddick said:

I understand that and as someone who is boycotting it is an aspect i am continuously questioning. However my point is that just because there are no longer big protests doesn't mean that our illustrious leaders and the people putting money into the club will think that KM and RD have won. They will be well aware of the reality even though KM would never publicly state the truth because she is unable to state reality.
  • Options
    Boom said:

Off_it said:

Not me. Not yet.

Bromley away?

I'm up for that.

Of course you know that if I don't go to Millwall we will win, but so be it.
  • Options
    Rearranged though no?